Betting Talk

What would make BettingTalk better?

124»

Comments

• GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited May 2013
    PStone wrote: »
    Posters must use real time "at least somewhat available" lines at time of posting to ensure integrity of record keeping and units won/lost/etc.

Good luck,
    Paul

Do you not think the current record keeping guidelines accomplish that?
  • brickhandsbrickhands Member
    edited May 2013
    A younger more current Head Moderator! Sorry couldn't resist...lol
  • Casper WareCasper Ware Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    Im not a fan of getting an email notice every time there is a response in a thread.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Im not a fan of getting an email notice every time there is a response in a thread.

If you don't subscribe to the thread, you won't get the notice.
  • CirclejerkCirclejerk Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    Circlejerk wrote: »
    I think you guys do a great job & the site is great the way it is.
    One thing that came to mind was that it would be nice if we had a section to get Current Lines/Live Odds Etc... Something like they have at LVA or SBR.

Thanks for the great site!

Any word on this...?
  • ebemissebemiss Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    TommyL wrote: »
    If you don't subscribe to the thread, you won't get the notice.

It does it to every thread you post in even if you don't subscribe. At least it does for me as well. I'll post something, in a thread I don't subscribe to, and I'll continue to get emails on updated posts.
    edited May 2013
    ebemiss wrote: »
    It does it to every thread you post in even if you don't subscribe. At least it does for me as well. I'll post something, in a thread I don't subscribe to, and I'll continue to get emails on updated posts.

That doesn't happen to me.
  • worm33worm33 Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    Goats wrote: »
    That doesn't happen to me.

When u post in a thread u are automaticly subscribed. U have to go to thread tools and unsubscribe after posting.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Try going to "Settings", then "General Settings", then to "Default Thread Subscription Mode", and select "Do not subscribe".

It sounds like some of you are set-up to subscribe to a thread every time you post in it, and you'll need to change that default.
    edited May 2013
    TommyL wrote: »
    Try going to "Settings", then "General Settings", then to "Default Thread Subscription Mode", and select "Do not subscribe".

It sounds like some of you are set-up to subscribe to a thread every time you post in it, and you'll need to change that default.

Thanks for posting that for me. Tried posting it earlier but was having technical issues with the site. They seem to be resolved now.
  • BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    Goats wrote: »
    Thanks for posting that for me. Tried posting it earlier but was having technical issues with the site. They seem to be resolved now.

my subscriptions for threads don't seem to be working

I also tried to "e-mail page" and it said I don't have access to that, I need to pay the 1 time 10$ fee again apparently!

edit: yes I know i need to visit the threads every time I get a notice
    edited May 2013
    my subscriptions for threads don't seem to be working

I also tried to "e-mail page" and it said I don't have access to that, I need to pay the 1 time 10$ fee again apparently!

edit: yes I know i need to visit the threads every time I get a notice

Send an e-mail describing the problem to [email protected] for assistance.

No idea if your problem is related, but the site has been acting up lately.