Betting Talk

Black Bull's Sports Thread

Comments

• JalapanoseJalapanose Banned
    edited April 2013
    I just don't get the drama? Everyone here is a big boy and can make there on decisions.

What you consider drama, I consider "fairness"....you got most of us "busting our ass up and down the court with Walton and Lanier for 48 minutes", keeping records and being honest with everybody on the board and trying our best to scratch out every bit of possible EV, and sure it puts your ego to the test a bit as well. Then you have somebody who less than four months ago claimed to be totally transparent, then gets up here and starts posting unavailable lines while making a self-suck-ulatory post about welcoming himself back less than three months after his tearful departing speech. It's incredibly disingenuous and is easily the single biggest leak of the BT forum (allowing selective "recordkeeping" when posting non-WA lines).

We have been through this before....but again, you and namathfan are simply followers who have never stepped up to the plate and posted plays and seen how hard it can be. Trust me, if you ever did post plays consistently and dealt with the incredible rigors of daily recordkeeping (actually, it's incredibly easy), you would take offense as well when somebody comes in and takes blatant free shots, all the while promoting himself as the greatest, especially when the prior records indicate otherwise.
  • Clark GriswoldClark Griswold Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    Jalapanose wrote: »
    What you consider drama, I consider "fairness"....you got most of us "busting our ass up and down the court with Walton and Lanier for 48 minutes", keeping records and being honest with everybody on the board and trying our best to scratch out every bit of possible EV, and sure it puts your ego to the test a bit as well. Then you have somebody who less than four months ago claimed to be totally transparent, then gets up here and starts posting unavailable lines while making a self-suck-ulatory post about welcoming himself back less than three months after his tearful departing speech. It's incredibly disingenuous and is easily the single biggest leak of the BT forum (allowing selective "recordkeeping" when posting non-WA lines).

We have been through this before....but again, you and namathfan are simply followers who have never stepped up to the plate and posted plays and seen how hard it can be. Trust me, if you ever did post plays consistently and dealt with the incredible rigors of daily recordkeeping (actually, it's incredibly easy), you would take offense as well when somebody comes in and takes blatant free shots, all the while promoting himself as the greatest, especially when the prior records indicate otherwise.

somebody needs a hug
    edited April 2013
    somebody needs a hug

Of course, your standard fallacy of Personal Attack while disregarding the logical argument being presented. I will pay you money to consistently post plays against WA lines for two months and keep a daily record and see if your Laissez-faire-I only scavenge and follow-philosophy changes. I will gladly send you PayPal.
    edited April 2013
    Of course, your standard fallacy of Personal Attack while disregarding the logical argument being presented. I will pay you money to consistently post plays against WA lines for two months and keep a daily record and see if your Laissez-faire-I only scavenge and follow-philosophy changes. I will gladly send you PayPal.

how much money?
  • namathfannamathfan Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    Hey Clark ever been to Higgins Lake?
    edited April 2013
    namathfan wrote: »
    Hey Clark ever been to Higgins Lake?

No. Where is it?
    edited April 2013
    how much money?

$100, paid in full at the end of two months' daily posting......no following and/or scavenging from others....they must be your original thoughts, subject to analysis, discussion and questioning from the board. You must do your own recordkeeping and line tracking.
    edited April 2013
    $100, paid in full at the end of two months' daily posting......no following and/or scavenging from others....they must be your original thoughts, subject to analysis, discussion and questioning from the board. You must do your own recordkeeping and line tracking.

wow big bucks..
    edited April 2013
    wow big bucks..

Standard retort from a follower, took ya 15 minutes of looking at the thread to know that you wanted no part of the challenge. You wouldn't do it for any amount. Zero cajones. Stay on the sidelines and keep scavenging brah
  • atreat600atreat600 Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    I'll take you up on the 100 dollar offer :)
    edited April 2013
    Standard retort from a follower, took ya 15 minutes of looking at the thread to know that you wanted no part of the challenge. You wouldn't do it for any amount. Zero cajones. Stay on the sidelines and keep scavenging brah

First, I have posted plays many times in many forums. Second, I do have a life(some don't obviously) so no I don't have time to handicapper games all day. I have a job and it gets in the way. I also have other interest that take up my time. $100 challenge for 2 months time...not really worth it. I will be in Vegas from the end of May to early July and won't have much forum time anyway.

I like to wager and go about it my way and you go about it your way...to each his own. You have time and interest in handicapping your own games and that's great not everybody does. I just don't get why u care so much about what others do? and the way u go about it. Your just back to acting the way u were before u were banned. If u have to point something out u can do it without being a dick...or can u?
    edited April 2013
    First, I have posted plays many times in many forums. Second, I do have a life(some don't obviously) so no I don't have time to handicapper games all day. I have a job and it gets in the way. I also have other interest that take up my time. $100 challenge for 2 months time...not really worth it. I will be in Vegas from the end of May to early July and won't have much forum time anyway.

I like to wager and go about it my way and you go about it your way...to each his own. You have time and interest in handicapping your own games and that's great not everybody does. I just don't get why u care so much about what others do? and the way u go about it. Your just back to acting the way u were before u were banned. If u have to point something out u can do it without being a dick...or can u?

http://www.bettingtalk.com/threads/173169-Black-Bull-s-Sports-Thread?p=791939&viewfull=1#post791939
  • namathfannamathfan Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    Clark...about an hour straight east of Traverse City and about an hour or so south of Mackinac.

Way back in the day National Geographic called it the 7th most beautiful lake in the world.

Saw your location in Michigan and thought I'd change the tone of the thread..beautiful place, worth the trip if you get a chance during the summer.
  • blackbullblackbull Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    So I dated this girl once. Beautiful woman and we had a lot of fun together. She was smart, had a lot of ability, but never achieved the level of success that she felt her level of expertise would produce. Because of this, she started to constantly look for the flaws in others. Her reasoning, "I can't do it, so surely they can't." She honestly believed , with rare exception, that people could not attain the success she had pursued so vehemently and failed to achieve. I soon realized that we were not compatible and that I needed to distance myself as much as possible from her. You see, she became this person who revelled in bringing others down, while my greatest joy in life is helping others succeed. I also found that the more I hung out with her, the more my positive nature diminished. I have not made that mistake since, which is why this will truly be my last post on BTF.

My point with the story?

I haven't really followed jalaponese, but he seems to display some sharp tendencies. He can't be that sharp though as he couldn't even grasp the concept of having information change your line post-opening and grabbing a line with value upon the readjustment of your line (re: Alabama-LSU gm this year in NCAAF). I could not have explained the concept more simply to him. A basic concept that anyone who profits off of his own linemaking would know.

Now Jeff? I have a good handle on this man. He is a kindred spirit of the woman above. I have only been here a short time, but I have never seen him achieve anything of significance on this board. He talks a big game, says the right things, but for whatever reason is just a break-even handicapper. Now there is nothing in the world wrong with that as it is very difficult to reach the level of break-even, but the problem is that his failure to achieve the success that he desires has left him with the impression that few others can/should achieve that success.

Re: My Goodbye not long ago

Jalaponese is irritated by my "tearful" good bye months prior and then coming back so soon. I understand an outsider to my threads having such sentiment. But to my recollection I did put it in my own thread so that only those those who cared what I had to say would see it. I really didn't think I was going to make it back, but things changed pretty quickly and I now have time. I enjoyed this place so I came back. It's cool, he has no idea what has recently transpired in my life and I will not hold him to the standard of a person who knows such things. Further, I had made a lot of friends on here in a very short period of time and I wanted them to know that they meant something to me. I wanted them to know that I believe in them and that they can achieve their dreams, whatever they may be. Jalaponese, you may think that proclamation is disingenuous because all you see are my words on a screen and not my interactions and actions in my everyday life, but you'd be wrong. It's who I am.

Now for those friends I spoke of

Had a lot of fun guys. Hope you understand that I just don't want to have to deal with this type of stuff. It's an internet forum that I enjoy, but posting my plays is not worth inciting such hatred and bring such drama into my life. I just don't need it and have learned to avoid it. You will definitely see that little green light by my name green though as I have a tremendous amount of respect for RAS, Stevie Y, and others and I don't want to miss out on any +ev! Love you guys and I wish all of you the the best! (Even Jeff and Jalaponese, though I'm sure they will wish the worst for me.)

Peace,
    Bull
  • atreat600atreat600 Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    Best of luck Bull, I enjoyed your college football insight and hope to see you around. GL
    edited April 2013
    blackbull wrote: »
    He can't be that sharp though as he couldn't even grasp the concept of having information change your line post-opening and grabbing a line with value upon the readjustment of your line (re: Alabama-LSU gm this year in NCAAF). I could not have explained the concept more simply to him. A basic concept that anyone who profits off of his own linemaking would know.

http://www.bettingtalk.com/threads/168926-Blackbull-s-SEC-amp-NCAA-Football-Season-2012-13-Thread?p=761363&viewfull=1#post761363

You are correct, the idea of passing up +10 to instead get +9' "into your wheelhouse" is a concept that I will never grasp. Got me there!
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    Best of luck in your future endeavors and stay healthy and be safe and hope see you again.
  • tribecalledjefftribecalledjeff Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    All this because he can't take 20 seconds to post a WA line. Hell, with all the time that he spent writing that novel he could have checked WA lines for his next 100 plays. I'm sorry, but I fail to understand how you could think posting non WA lines is helping anybody.

As far as my handicapping, BT bud... Breaking even at -110 Pinny/CRIS lines = pretty damn nice profit at reduced juice with line shopping. I do more than fine, so you'll have to come up with a new story for me.
  • brandonbrandon Junior Member
    edited April 2013
    You should not let a few idiots stop you from posting. I, like many here, enjoy your posting.

Ignore these crazies, please!

Hoping to see you when the football season starts. You really had a great season last year!
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    I'm sorry, but I fail to understand how you could think posting non WA lines is helping anybody.

It was 1 play that he made that was what 9 cents off, which again didn't require to be spot on per the rules. I understand if this was something Bull was doing over and over and over but he has good insight and is worth reading and watching for plays. he was a good person to have around and your egos are so f'ing big that you get in the way and unfortunately take pride in doing this. I see your point a lot jeff with certain posters on certain threads and in this case it was almost more contra then you but for bull's thread to end up this way is just pure idiotic. ease up on your egos BRAHs.
  • bostonbeaglebostonbeagle Member
    edited April 2013
    newcombe wrote: »
    It was 1 play that he made that was what 9 cents off, which again didn't require to be spot on per the rules. I understand if this was something Bull was doing over and over and over but he has good insight and is worth reading and watching for plays. he was a good person to have around and your egos are so f'ing big that you get in the way and unfortunately take pride in doing this. I see your point a lot jeff with certain posters on certain threads and in this case it was almost more contra then you but for bull's thread to end up this way is just pure idiotic. ease up on your egos BRAHs.

Agree!
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    Well said Newcombe and I have to agree losing people with insight and knowledge of sports and for as long as I've know bull he's been a gentleman. There's nothing wrong with policing but when a thread has about 50 reply's over this it's now time to move on.
    Hoping Bull will reconsider but if not I do understand and wish him the best.
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    Wow-- Goats hasn't said anything here yet--- that really must have been his head at Wrigley Field.
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    newcombe wrote: »

Totally agree! I find it much worse for this forum to lose blackbulls insight than worrying about 1 fucking line not being widely available. If you two have truly the best interest for this site you might ought to consider not running people the wrong way here that have a hell of alot more good things to share than bad things. I like both of you and always read what y'all share but this sure as shit shouldn't of happened
  • tribecalledjefftribecalledjeff Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    If only there were other possible reactions to getting questioned as to why he doesn't post WA lines besides him taking his ball and going home.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Sorry all, haven't been around much today and don't have time to get fully caught up, but from what I can tell... let's move on.

Thank you.
    edited April 2013
    If only there were other possible reactions to getting questioned as to why he doesn't post WA lines besides him taking his ball and going home.

did he post a laundry list of non WA line plays? No so no damage is done at all. Hasn't he kept a record in the past that was perfect and done so with WA lines? Yes. that's all that is needed to be said really. that's it for me goats.
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    We need to all work together on this forum
    The objective is to win and win $$$
    Reading this thread doesn't warrant attack
    Drama, shame of drama!!!
    Two great cappers or maybe just average cappers have stop posting because of attacks and drama
    I see no intention of misleading the board
    When mistakes are made, which we all do, point it out in a polite manner
    Ego's have no place here, neither does any kind of attacks, over 1/2 point or 6 cents
    Let's work together, be humble, have fun, win, and learn from all
    BEST and BEST to Black Bull
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    Keep a record, it's not hard, and track ur CLV, u will learn from it. Jalo & Jeff are right.... Sorry I'm late to the party.
    edited April 2013
    lol coops. he has already tracked his plays in the past and done so just fine, which I am sure wasn't hard for him. you missed the whole point brother being late...