Betting Talk

It's all the same, everywhere you look -

JalapanoseJalapanose Banned
edited April 2013 in Sports Betting
Pirates, Philly, KC, LAA

Hell's bells ya even have Alan Boston and his personal trainer in on it, making large plays on simple first blushes (he has all of those sides as well, by the way)

I am way behind in my baseball preparation, but it can't be *that* easy, fellas.

Comments

• tribecalledjefftribecalledjeff Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    lol that Alan Boston thing is classic.
    edited April 2013
    You obviously know these already, but just if anybody else is interested - I played Cubs, White Sox, Twins, Reds today. Last play to miss the cut was actually Atlanta. Glad to see anybody with a keyboard pounding the opposite sides :)
  • TexasHookEmTexasHookEm Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    You obviously know these already, but just if anybody else is interested - I played Cubs, White Sox, Twins, Reds today. Last play to miss the cut was actually Atlanta. Glad to see anybody with a keyboard pounding the opposite sides :)

I played cubs, white sox, and a dash on miami last night. Good luck to us
  • worm33worm33 Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    Lots of KC's at +113-115...Little different at 129
    edited April 2013
    worm33 wrote: »

Indeed it is.

The market is currently defecating on my White Sox -136. You play KC at 129?
  • JalapanoseJalapanose Banned
    edited April 2013

I'm confused - are dime-lines not standard offshore these days? Vegas and my locals are still dime-lines, thankfully.
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited April 2013
    Jalapanose wrote: »
    I'm confused - are dime-lines not standard offshore these days? Vegas and my locals are still dime-lines, thankfully.

It was as high as -140/+130 offshore last night.
  • TexasHookEmTexasHookEm Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    The market is currently defecating on my White Sox -136.

Is it not a little weird that most of the public, forum posters, and twitter are betting against a guy who threw the ball at home like Sale did last year? Not that it's right or wrong, I just thought that based on his home numbers alone last year, you would see the majority of people on the sox since they are a pretty moderate favorite.
    edited April 2013
    StevieY wrote: »

Okay, I show Chiw -131 as the legit opener
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited April 2013

They're still pretty standard offshore (with the long time exception of CRIS/BM).
    edited April 2013
    Okay, I show Chiw -131 as the legit opener

Yes it was plus 129 pinny and 130 5dimes for a very long time last pm to this am
    edited April 2013
    Added Atlanta now at -105
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    StevieY wrote: »

Maybe I have missed it, but stevie have you posted anything yet? If so, are you starting a thread for the entire year? Thanks
    edited April 2013
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    Maybe I have missed it, but stevie have you posted anything yet? If so, are you starting a thread for the entire year? Thanks

No, I usually don't start playing seriously until week 2 or 3(probably late 2/3). Played Atl and Ch WS small today. No year long thread, will probably do it by month this year.
    edited April 2013
    Indeed it is.

The market is currently defecating on my White Sox -136. You play KC at 129?

Lots of sharp 2 sided action here.
    edited April 2013
    Pirates, Philly, KC, LAA

Hell's bells ya even have Alan Boston and his personal trainer in on it, making large plays on simple first blushes (he has all of those sides as well, by the way)

I am way behind in my baseball preparation, but it can't be *that* easy, fellas.

Lots of 2 sided action on LAA/CIN as well.
    edited April 2013
    Lots of 2 sided action on LAA/CIN as well.

True or False, worm as well as those who have been seriously into sports for longer than two years.....these are the tightest opening day lines in history?

Seems to me that the books have gone to serious school in the offseason.
    edited April 2013
    True or False, worm as well as those who have been seriously into sports for longer than two years.....these are the tightest opening day lines in history?

Seems to me that the books have gone to serious school in the offseason.

God I hope not, I had 3 plays today which is a little light for me on a 12 game card, but I tend to have more volume with lower tiered starting pitchers as opposed to 2 #1's
    edited April 2013

There's the move to the White Sox :)
    edited April 2013
    There's the move to the White Sox :)

Yep big move
  • mako27mako27 Junior Member
    edited April 2013
    StevieY - may be it's possible to open thread for future and let us follow it without questions everywhere and don't miss first pick ?
    edited April 2013
    Looks like they are giving away free money on the Angels today....Angels, Angels, Angels everywhere I look.
  • atreat600atreat600 Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    Good thing I just took the angels :)
    edited April 2013
    Guys are racing to bet a guy with a career low BAPIP last year, a career high strand rate that is way out of wack for a 6 k/9 guy, has benefited from pitching in Seattle for years, has a career 5+ ERA on the road, and is pitching in Texas today?

Color me confused.
    edited April 2013
    mako27 wrote: »
    StevieY - may be it's possible to open thread for future and let us follow it without questions everywhere and don't miss first pick ?

When it gets closer to me starting to play, I will open up a thread.
    edited April 2013
    Thank you for posting that, J. I had kind of glossed over that match up for whatever reason. Texas a GREAT bet imo.
  • BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    Thank you for posting that, J. I had kind of glossed over that match up for whatever reason. Texas a GREAT bet imo.

I concur
  • KidHuskerKidHusker Member
    edited April 2013
    Guys are racing to bet a guy with a career low BAPIP last year, a career high strand rate that is way out of wack for a 6 k/9 guy, has benefited from pitching in Seattle for years, has a career 5+ ERA on the road, and is pitching in Texas today?

Color me confused.

At the same time you're going against a guy who has a 5+ ERA at home and gave up 13 runs in 2 home starts to the Angels last year.
    edited April 2013
    KidHusker wrote: »
    At the same time you're going against a guy who has a 5+ ERA at home and gave up 13 runs in 2 home starts to the Angels last year.

This is true.

So of course, it's 2-1 after 5.
  • KidHuskerKidHusker Member
    edited April 2013
    Thought the same thing lol Good game to watch....Holland looked pretty good