Friday s16 Kansas -2/um +2

2»

Comments

• hotbustophotbustop Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Beilein over Self any day all day.
  • brickhandsbrickhands Member
    edited March 2013
    You meant to type John and you mistyped and Jim came out?

Typo on my part. Is that sufficient for you.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Burke = Onions!!!!!!!
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited March 2013
    Sometimes hero ball works I guess. Wow. What a fucking game.

I don't think he played that way after those 3 early possessions in the first half. He took a lot of shots but that was the first time it came in the offense. He trusted his teammates today and in the end it worked. The 30 footer at the end of regulation was a good shot, not because it went in but because with his height if he tried to get closer would have made the shot harder against size.
  • the executerthe executer Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Unreal game! I hit halftime bet and got the Mchigan win. Cant ask for more than that. Im so proud of this team. They bust their asses off lead by Burke but damn is Mitch a beast. Such a energy guy and never ever quits. up 20 down 20 or tied he bust his ass!

GO BLUE!
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Burke = Onions!!!!!!!
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    pee pee away KU
  • tribecalledjefftribecalledjeff Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    BurkeTrey.gif
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    BurkeTrey.gif

Burke = Onions!!!!!!!
  • okoilmanokoilman Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    hotbustop wrote: »
    Beilein over Self any day all day.

Missed seeing Self on the court missing free throws and late turnovers. Also missed Beilein making the deep threes. Coaches get too much credit and too much criticism. I am not a KU fan or Self fan at all, but if I am an AD at a university and need a coach to lead my program, I take Self over Beilein 100% of the time. Wish Self would come home to Oklahoma State so I could like him.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    okoilman wrote: »
    Missed seeing Self on the court missing free throws and late turnovers. Also missed Beilein making the deep threes. Coaches get too much credit and too much criticism. I am not a KU fan or Self fan at all, but if I am an AD at a university and need a coach to lead my program, I take Self over Beilein 100% of the time. Wish Self would come home to Oklahoma State so I could like him.

Reverse the situation last night and give UM the lead that KU had with that little time on the clock, and there would be very little chance they would have blown the lead. Michigan leads the country in fewest to's per game, that's coaching, I'm not positive, but I think they also commit the fewest fouls of any team, that's coaching. The fact that Self is better than Travis Ford isn't saying much. Also in his tenure at Kansas, he has a bad history of losing to very low seeded teams in the tournament.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Johnson not taking the layup and kicking it out will continue to blow my mind forever. sure you can blame the coach but ultimately it still comes down to the players in that situation. not sure what the likelihood would be if that exact scenario played out again how often that result would repeat but I'll take a stab that its not very . amazing game although the wrong side for me.
  • JalapanoseJalapanose Banned
    edited March 2013
    newcombe wrote: »
    Johnson not taking the layup and kicking it out will continue to blow my mind forever. sure you can blame the coach but ultimately it still comes down to the players in that situation. not sure what the likelihood would be if that exact scenario played out again how often that result would repeat but I'll take a stab that its not very . amazing game although the wrong side for me.

Self even admitted after the game that the final play's OPTION (singular) was mclemore for three. Who knew um would cover him and they'd have to scramble for a second or third option. Really, bill?