Betting Talk

US Citizens who had $ at Full Tilt

GoatsGoats Head Moderator
edited March 2013 in Sports Betting
Looks like they're finally beginning the process of repaying players and you have to follow the instructions on this page to register a claim and begin the process...

http://fulltiltpokerclaims.com/

Comments

• Bigfish23Bigfish23 Member
    edited March 2013
    I cannot wait to see how our wonderful government attempts to screw these people out of their money. I just do not believe this will be any different then any other government program or whatever. They will mislead, screw all Americans, WHY? because they get away with it everyday and most are too dumb or just too worried about how they will feed their children next week.

I hope I am wrong and wish all people in this situation a fast recovery of their money, or atleast fast from this point since it is already taking forever.

One more question. Who is earning interest on all the money pokerstars paid to the government during this entire wait to just register to get money back? hmmmmmmm
  • billymacbillymac Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    good lord, just be happy you are getting SOMETHING. LOL
  • Bigfish23Bigfish23 Member
    edited March 2013
    Just to be clear, I had no money on full tilt and have no interest in this issue personally. Just my opinion on how wrong our government is and we allow them to act. And also in my opinion the comment above is exactly what I am speaking of.

Also, I am not attempting to start anything I respect any opinion who disagrees with me that is what America is about. We are allowed to differ in our opinions and voice our opinions and hopefully people do it in a productive manner and not personally attacking others for their opinion.

I hope everyone has a great day gambling
  • Mr WesMr Wes Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    I had quite a bit of cash on tilt. I don't believe we will be getting our money back. Full Tilt has no intentions of paying the us players back, and a few big name players who are sponsored by Tilt have backed these claims up face to face with me.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Mr Wes wrote: »
    I had quite a bit of cash on tilt. I don't believe we will be getting our money back. Full Tilt has no intentions of paying the us players back, and a few big name players who are sponsored by Tilt have backed these claims up face to face with me.

You'd know far better than me, but isn't it basically the U.S. government repaying players with seized money at this point, not FTP (who doesn't really exist anymore as Pokerstars bought whatever was left of them)?

From fulltiltpokerclaims.com...

Utilizing funds forfeited from PokerStars in this action, the Department of Justice will establish a process by which eligible U.S. fraud victims will be able to seek compensation for their losses ("Petitions for Remission"). The Garden City Group, Inc. has been selected as Claims Administrator by the United States to process Petition for Remission claims submitted by the U.S. Full Tilt fraud victims.
  • coolmilcoolmil Member
    edited March 2013
    Government giving back seized money to players who where playing illegally. I hope so but doubt it.
  • JalapanoseJalapanose Banned
    edited March 2013
    I'd think that one would wanna be sure that their ps and qs had been followed for all tax and gambling issues before they filed a claim. Not sure the funds are gonna be worth it in a lot of circumstances (assuming payouts actually occur)
    edited March 2013
    Jalapanose wrote: »
    I'd think that one would wanna be sure that their ps and qs had been followed for all tax and gambling issues before they filed a claim. Not sure the funds are gonna be worth it in a lot of circumstances (assuming payouts actually occur)

On the flip side, if you only had say 3-figures there, do you really think the government is going to spend time investigating you?
  • JalapanoseJalapanose Banned
    edited March 2013
    Goats wrote: »
    On the flip side, if you only had say 3-figures there, do you really think the government is going to spend time investigating you?

It's the government, there's no requirement that it makes sense :)
    edited March 2013
    Jalapanose wrote: »
    It's the government, there's no requirement that it makes sense :)

No argument there.
  • rock2rock2 Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Our goverment is a bunch of over paid crooks that would stab there own mommy in the back if it would better them some how horrible horrible what they get away with
    Glllll geter done peace