Betting Talk

TommyL's March College Basketball Plays

Comments

• TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Will update record and have more plays in the morning, but for now...

Plays for Friday, 3/15

839. Butler -1 LaSalle
    847. Tennessee -1.5 Alabama 1.5 UNITS
    878. New Mexico -2 San Diego State
    879. Colorado State +4.5 UNLV
  • fishboomfishboom Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    TommyL wrote: »
    My comment that I made to my wife about Sesame Street this week...Did Gordon find the fountain of youth or something? I swear that the dude hasn't aged a day since I last had an extended period of watching it about 25 years ago.

And I should probably be happy that he's into some new stuff now (Seaame Street and Backyardigans), as the Hot Dog Dance was starting to make my blood boil.
    I think that's harious about Gordon! They have even put a couple of white feathers on Big Bird for Gods sake!

boom
  • brickhandsbrickhands Member
    edited March 2013
    Secondly...I've now spent almost 11 hours now watching hoops today, with only about a 10 minute break when my wife got home so that I could watch my son while she got changed. In those 10 minutes, we flipped to the Backyardigans, and since that time, I haven't been able to get the stupid song out of my head. This is brutal. Is there a cure for it (like different ways that people use to get rid of the hiccups)?

I'm a stay at home dad of a 3 1/2 year old. if you want to drive yourself bat shit crazy, turn on The Fresh Beat Club. I've come close to suffocating myself with an Elmo doll because of that show:)
    edited March 2013
    brickhands wrote: »
    I'm a stay at home dad of a 3 1/2 year old. if you want to drive yourself bat shit crazy, turn on The Fresh Beat Club. I've come close to suffocating myself with an Elmo doll because of that show:)

My best friend has a son that's a year older than mine, and he warned me about it early on. Thusfar, I've been able to keep it out of the rotation.
  • tribecalledjefftribecalledjeff Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    And I should probably be happy that he's into some new stuff now (Seaame Street and Backyardigans), as the Hot Dog Dance was starting to make my blood boil.

Hot Dog Hot Dog Hot Diggity Dooooooog

I kinda like that one actually.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    anyone looking at Illini catching dd points this morning? value?
    edited March 2013
    Hot Dog Hot Dog Hot Diggity Dooooooog

I kinda like that one actually.

I didn't mind it the first few thousand times that I heard it...
    edited March 2013
    Rest of today...

823. North Carolina State -1 Virginia
    857. Kent State +5 Akron
    866. Kansas -5.5 Iowa State
    882. Pacific -2 Cal Poly SLO
    894. Morgan State -4.5 Bethune Cookman 1.5 UNITS
    edited March 2013
    Updated Record: 306-277-9 (+1.3 units unweighted, -11 units weighted) Average CLV: +.23

Plays for Saturday, 3/16

514. Memphis -5 Southern Mississippi
    532. Kansas -4 Kansas State
    542. Pacific -1.5 UC Irvine
    556. Morgan State -2 North Carolina A&T 2 UNITS
  • nyjets1532nyjets1532 Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    crazy finish in regulation in the memphis game.....another chance to cover in ot
    edited March 2013
    another chance....been close to writing this one off, would be a nice surprise to start the day
  • organic313organic313 Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Yesssssssir. No way Memphis should have covered but i'll take it.
    edited March 2013
    yeah....mid range favs who cover in double OT makes me happy

i'll just have to remember this when i get screwed later on tonight
  • organic313organic313 Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    That's the winning spirit I love to hear.
    edited March 2013
    organic313 wrote: »
    Yesssssssir. No way Memphis should have covered but i'll take it.

They were up 7 in the final minute of regulation before they coughed it away. But lucky nonetheless.
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Finally, one of these weird games went my way!!!

Nothing tops that Richmond game!!!
  • wcf1214wcf1214 Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    I had over 141,it almost feels like stealing,but there are many bad beats to make up for,we deserve some good fortune also
  • mltn1010mltn1010 Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Tommy - Sorry for asking about a game that you didn't play, but figured there might be someone else that would want to know. What line do you have for the Louisville/Cuse game and what would you play? The reason that I ask is my local moves the lines drastically. First, they automatically add at least two points to the favorites and then when there is heavy action on the dog, they move the line I favor of that. The totals, they add at least 4 points to the total on both the game and half, again, if there is a serious line movement on the total, then the line would probably be moved to what the line actually is. Nonetheless, they have the Louisville game at -2 and 129.5, just to give you an idea. Normally, the drastic line movements for the dogs are when the line is less than 3 for the book, by bringing the line down and even flipping the favorite. The common pattern for them with this line would have just left the line at -5, like it is, instead of bringing it up to -7. Sorry for the long post, but this made me curious if I should jump on Louisville or is the book telling me something. Thanks!
    edited March 2013
    They were up 7 in the final minute of regulation before they coughed it away. But lucky nonetheless.

Pastner's teams there have typically been awful in end game situations. Today was definitely no exception.
    edited March 2013
    mltn1010 wrote: »
    Tommy - Sorry for asking about a game that you didn't play, but figured there might be someone else that would want to know. What line do you have for the Louisville/Cuse game and what would you play? The reason that I ask is my local moves the lines drastically. First, they automatically add at least two points to the favorites and then when there is heavy action on the dog, they move the line I favor of that. The totals, they add at least 4 points to the total on both the game and half, again, if there is a serious line movement on the total, then the line would probably be moved to what the line actually is. Nonetheless, they have the Louisville game at -2 and 129.5, just to give you an idea. Normally, the drastic line movements for the dogs are when the line is less than 3 for the book, by bringing the line down and even flipping the favorite. The common pattern for them with this line would have just left the line at -5, like it is, instead of bringing it up to -7. Sorry for the long post, but this made me curious if I should jump on Louisville or is the book telling me something. Thanks!

Don't try to read into what he's doing. Take the edge that he gives you over the real market, which is far sharper than his market. Play under and Louisville. Large.

This is assuming that he'll pay and that you won't get cut.
    edited March 2013
    Don't try to read into what he's doing. Take the edge that he gives you over the real market, which is far sharper than his market. Play under and Louisville. Large.

Thank you! This has been the pattern all year with crazy lines.
    edited March 2013

Exactly. If he's really moving 1st half lines by 2 points just for the heck of it, then it A) is easily beatable over the long term and B) I can't believe that this guy could possibly last long doing stuff that ridiculous.
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Can I get his number lol
  • JalapanoseJalapanose Banned
    edited March 2013
    Yeah at some point this guy is not going to pay you. That's a cod lock.
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited March 2013
    I would not assume that he is not going to pay you. He is obviously figured out most of his players take favorites and overs, so he shades that way. No different from my local always shading on 49ers. He is probably rooting for you to win, so keep betting the bad lines. just my opinion.
    edited March 2013
    Thanks guys! There's very few times that a favorite's line is less than what the real line is, so dogs and unders are the way to go long term. Thank you for all of your input! The line was -1 before I sent the message, but now still at -2. The common line movement would be like the Kansas line, which is now -8. Thanks again for your input! Louisville it is!!
    edited March 2013
    I would advise picking a couple of these a day and mixing in some of your more "normal" plays as well. I don't think you ever have to play into a bad line, but give him a couple lines that are fair prices and take a couple of those plays that are off lines for yourself. Slowly bleed this, don't all of a sudden start banging every line that's off. Be aware that if you win too much, you'll at best get cut and at worst get stiffed.
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited March 2013
    mltn1010 wrote: »
    Thanks guys! There's very few times that a favorite's line is less than what the real line is, so dogs and unders are the way to go long term. Thank you for all of your input! The line was -1 before I sent the message, but now still at -2. The common line movement would be like the Kansas line, which is now -8. Thanks again for your input! Louisville it is!!

I hope you have another out though. Your example of Kansas 8 and you can still find 5. That is a very big spread. Not that I suggest trying to middle, but at those variance it might be worth it, especially if you can lay less then -110.
    edited March 2013
    BigKahuna wrote: »
    I hope you have another out though. Your example of Kansas 8 and you can still find 5. That is a very big spread. Not that I suggest trying to middle, but at those variance it might be worth it, especially if you can lay less then -110.

This is horrible advice. Play the off line as heavy as you can get away with. It's enormous +EV. Don't give some of that back by playing a fair line somewhere else.
    edited March 2013
    BigKahuna wrote: »

No reason to middle, you're just giving away juice. Best bet long run is to just take advantage of his bad lines whenever you can. I really like Kansas today, but I'd likely play Kansas State if I could get them at +8.