Betting Talk

Books not accepting Us customers.

DegenGamblerDegenGambler Senior Member
edited January 2013 in Sports Betting
Has anyone found any loop holes with this? Seems like our "outs" are limiting by the day. - Thanks

Comments

• Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    Who recently stopped?
  • DegenGamblerDegenGambler Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    Not sure about recently, but while browsing bigger sites I realized, betcris, pinnacle and bet365 all dont accept
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Bookmaker is the same as BetCRIS. This, in general, is extremely old news.
  • DegenGamblerDegenGambler Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    Thats goats, New to the online books.
  • speculatorspeculator Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    really inconvenient to use online books, almost imposible to make deposits and withdrawal...
  • speculatorspeculator Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    Has anyone found any loop holes with this? Seems like our "outs" are limiting by the day. - Thanks

use a local
    edited January 2013
    speculator wrote: »
    really inconvenient to use online books, almost imposible to make deposits and withdrawal...

Not really I find it very easy. Of course it depends on how much you want to move.
    edited January 2013
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Not really I find it very easy. Of course it depends on how much you want to move.

There are many variables and level of difficulty will vary depending on an individual's specific needs, but in general, I agree that speculator significantly overstated the situation.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Old-Timer wrote: »

Agree, I've found it very easy to make deposits and withdrawals (in fact, often less of a drive for me than meeting up with a local, and certainly much more convenient). The only downside is really the fees involved with getting money out (depending of course on the book and method needed), and the obvious concern about a book shutting down, and/or bouncing or delaying a check (then again, it's not like a local is a 100% foolproof method either).
    edited January 2013
    TommyL wrote: »
    Agree, I've found it very easy to make deposits and withdrawals (in fact, often less of a drive for me than meeting up with a local, and certainly much more convenient). The only downside is really the fees involved with getting money out (depending of course on the book and method needed), and the obvious concern about a book shutting down, and/or bouncing or delaying a check (then again, it's not like a local is a 100% foolproof method either).

I agree with that 100% and was thinking the same thing. It also depends on your needs. If your going to need your gambling money to pay for certain things and make withdrawals every other week then a local is better. I believe you keep a set amount off-shore and when you exceed that amount (Hopefully) then you make your withdrawals to get back to number you want out there. You have to have a number in mind that you want in Cyber Space and stick to it. A reasonable number.
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    Sigh. This type of discussion seems to be ongoing. When will the morons in Washington get their heads out of their asses, and legalize sports betting. The public wants it. The government needs the revenue. Should be simple. And, no, I don't want the government running the books--- just regulate it, collect your taxes, and get out of the way. Gee-- sounds kind of like Nevada, doesn't it?
  • tommyesq73tommyesq73 Junior Member
    edited January 2013
    I think locals is the way to go...
  • dimo58dimo58 Junior Member
    edited January 2013
    Has anyone used Heritage or Bookmaker?
    edited January 2013
    dimo58 wrote: »
    Has anyone used Heritage or Bookmaker?

Two of the safest books out there IMO, but everyone should do their own research.
  • eug44eug44 Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    after the recommendation of this forum I deposited money on bookmaker a few weeks ago - it is much more convienent then dealing with a local. How much do you feel comfortable leaving on the site prior to withdrawing? give me a real number 5k, 10k, 20k....I am not the paranoid type but def think there is a chance that these sites can get shut down.
    edited January 2013
    Bookmaker is consider a very good book and it is but the answer your looking for your pretty much the only one that can make that decision. It depends also how much you bet on a game. You want to leave enough to play and not withdraw every other week if you get hot or if your cold you don't have to run to WU every other week.

PS: They could go down at anytime. But Heritage, 5 Dimes, Bookmaker and I could be missing one or two are solid if they go everybody's gone.
  • MikeRASMikeRAS Senior Handicapper
    edited January 2013
    How much you leave out there has a lot do with your bankroll or net worth and risk tolerance. My risk tolerance is going to be totally different than the next person. So not sure there is a fair answer to your question. The risk is certainly there as you mention.
    edited January 2013
    MikeRAS wrote: »
    How much you leave out there has a lot do with your bankroll or net worth and risk tolerance. My risk tolerance is going to be totally different than the next person. So not sure there is a fair answer to your question. The risk is certainly there as you mention.

This would pretty much be my answer as well.
    edited January 2013
    Once you feel comfortable with the offshore world, I would recommend having accounts at 2 (personally I prefer 3) different books. Not only does it make line shopping better, but you're not going to be totally screwed if one shuts down.(as Old Timer stated, if the biggies go, most likely they all go). Most here probably remember when Pinny kicked out all US customers-- I got my funds in a week, but many took months.

2 more points--
    If you spread out your bets at different books, you're less likely to have your limits cut.
    And, it's very easy to transfer funds book-to-book.

Hope this helps.
    edited January 2013
    2 more points--
    If you spread out your bets at different books, you're less likely to have your limits cut.
    And, it's very easy to transfer funds book-to-book.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the advice. when you say it's easy to transfer book to book --- meaning i can call bookmaker and give them my account number at 5dimes and they will make the transfer on my behalf (apologies if this seems like a simplistic question) I have always dealt with locals
    edited January 2013
    eug44 wrote: »
    Thank you for the advice. when you say it's easy to transfer book to book --- meaning i can call bookmaker and give them my account number at 5dimes and they will make the transfer on my behalf (apologies if this seems like a simplistic question) I have always dealt with locals

Yes, certain books will transfer with other books. Just beware of transferring FROM Bookmaker. While it's free at most books, they charge a hefty fee, so be sure to ask about that.
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    Goats wrote: »
    Yes, certain books will transfer with other books. Just beware of transferring FROM Bookmaker. While it's free at most books, they charge a hefty fee, so be sure to ask about that.

Sometimes you can get the book your transferring to to pick up the fee that bookmaker is charging. Betonline does this(even though CS will tell you the don't, keep pushing, they will cover it) and I've had limited success with other books picking up the fees
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited January 2013
    Also, there are lots of agents out there, that are linked to these books or similar books dealing identical numbers. If you find them, you can meet them vs. Sending payments or receiving payments. That is what I do, as I dont want checks going into my account. Good luck.
    edited January 2013
    One other thing I just happened to think of--- if you bet baseball you will need a 5Dimes or BetOnLine acct. Bookmaker deals a 15 cent line (or is it 20 cents).
    edited January 2013
    One other thing I just happened to think of--- if you bet baseball you will need a 5Dimes or BetOnLine acct. Bookmaker deals a 15 cent line (or is it 20 cents).

20 cents at BM (dime line at their sister book, BetDSI). Heritage would be another good dime line out.
  • RaloRalo Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    I just had Heritage drop all my limits including horses to max $50 to win? CBB to $1,000, etc. Blew my mind.
    edited January 2013
    Ralo wrote: »
    I just had Heritage drop all my limits including horses to max $50 to win? CBB to $1,000, etc. Blew my mind.

Almost all books eventually limit you if you bet steam, win a lot, demonstrate that you're sharp, etc.
  • RaloRalo Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    That's funny, I am as sharp as Edward leads me!
    edited January 2013
    just realized why i always dealt with locals....wow!!! Asked Bookmaker to transfer 1500 to 5dimes - its like $100 fee, then they refused it because i need to have a minimal of two withdrawals, i said okay lets withdraw 2 dimes. first you have to sign two papers provide your credit card info which I already used to fund the account (blahhh blahh blahhh) scan it and get it back to them. then wait and pay $60-100 to withdraw your money.

BigKahuna - can i just ask bookmaker for a local to meet up with?
  • BookbrakerBookbraker Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    You can use the BM points for a free withdrawal.