Betting Talk

5 Dimes Question

CoopsCoops Senior Member
edited January 2013 in Sports Betting
Just opened a 5 Dimes account finally.

I was capped at $250 credit card deposit max. Is that normal? Will they increase this over time? Pretty small limits for a book everyone here speaks highly of.

TIA

Comments

• Chisox6Chisox6 Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    Sorry I've only done western union. I bet they'll up it at some point though. Gluck.
  • jesfla72jesfla72 Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    First 2 are 250.00 then they move to 500.00
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    Can I do 500 over and over again? Make multiple consecutive deposits?
  • jesfla72jesfla72 Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    i have done 2 in one day for 500 each
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    fwiw-- I think Western Union is much easier. With a credit card, you've got to send them your first born when you're ready to make a withdrawal. Also, you can transfer money book-to-book if you open an account somewhere else.
  • Dj79Dj79 Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    fwiw-- I think Western Union is much easier. With a credit card, you've got to send them your first born when you're ready to make a withdrawal. Also, you can transfer money book-to-book if you open an account somewhere else.

What do they ask for with a cc withdrawal? Thanks
  • bumpobumpo Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    With Western union you can post up I believe 3 dimes and they'll pick up the fees. Might be slightly less. Anyway, you'll have decent limits if you go that route.
  • buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    I used 5 dimes last year and I used western union to deposit money. As long as you didn't go over 1000 dollars, it didnt cause an issue. The issue being at the store you would have to show ur drivers license. GL
    edited December 2012
    buythehook wrote: »
    I used 5 dimes last year and I used western union to deposit money. As long as you didn't go over 1000 dollars, it didnt cause an issue. The issue being at the store you would have to show ur drivers license. GL

What issue is it for more than 1k? I have 12,500 credit limit with local, I'm trying to get 5 dimes (or bookmaker) funded at at least 7,500.
    edited December 2012
    It has something to do with western union... Not 5 dimes.

Certain stores don't enforce it... Like mom and pop convenience stores. U just have to look around. I know 5 dimes will also credit u the price it costs to send them the money.

That's why I stopped with 5 dimes... Too much of a pain the in ass and low limits.. Now I have 2 good locals...With big limits and both have me at 2500 a week breakpoints to meet or not.

Good luck
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    Coops wrote: »
    What issue is it for more than 1k? I have 12,500 credit limit with local, I'm trying to get 5 dimes (or bookmaker) funded at at least 7,500.

Send a bankwire
    edited December 2012
    lumpy19 wrote: »
    Send a bankwire

I wouldn't want to have anything like that in my bank account and I'm thinking coops may say the same thing because of the industry we work in... Just my thoughts.
    edited December 2012
    buythehook wrote: »
    I wouldn't want to have anything like that in my bank account and I'm thinking coops may say the same thing because of the industry we work in... Just my thoughts.

Agreed. That's why I prefer locals, cash only. But lack of overnights sucks.
    edited December 2012
    Coops wrote: »
    Agreed. That's why I prefer locals, cash only. But lack of overnights sucks.

If ur ever in North Jersey let me know... The Wayne area.. Maybe I can help and we can talk about fixed income..loll
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    When withdrawing after using a credit card, most shops want a copy of front and back of card-- drivers license-- and perhaps a utility bill. Much easier with Western Union.
  • stucrossstucross Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    hey coops tryabcislands.com gl to u and have a happy new year.
  • beefcakebeefcake Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    Coops, 5 dimes has the best futures odds of anyone.Take advantage of that..
  • atreat600atreat600 Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    Coops - just use moneygram online. You never have to go to a store, etc. fund everything right online. I find this the easiest, and the book isnt directly getting your credit card information.
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    stucross wrote: »
    hey coops tryabcislands.com gl to u and have a happy new year.

I would fund 5dimes and bookmaker long before toying around with a small rec shop like that
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    rumor is an abcislands/jazz owner was the mystery betislands backer. i would strongly suggest staying away. took them almost 2 years to pay me low 5figures.
  • speculatorspeculator Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    locals are mich better. it is pain in the butt to try to send or collect money with online books.