Betting Talk

FFL - Kaepernicks Value and Others

BIGtimerDCBIGtimerDC Senior Member
edited December 2012 in Sports Betting
I know I'm crazy for entertaining this.. but am I?

I have Peyton in a potential slug fest grinder type game vs Baltimore OR Kaepernick in a shootout with a thin pats defense.

I think they're both solid plays, but with I think I heard three nicked up players in the secondary both starting cbs the 49ers should have a lot of success in the air. Plus the running ability has such upshot alone. I'm a dog in my matchup looking for upside and really is it that big of a gamble? If he can't make plays throwing the ball hes bound to run. Just don't turn it over! I see the niners keeping it close but they'll have to score. Moreno on the otherhand figures to be another big part of the gamplan vs the ravens struggling to stop the run.

Also.. for a flex: Shonn Greene, Stevie Johnson, Cecil Shorts, Darren Sproles

I like Sproles the best with Green next. Not great matchup for Stevie I dont think and Cecil I'm worried about his usage post concussion. Wouldn't be surprised if he really eased back into it, worried about his usage. Shonn Greene I see running it a bunch pretty safe for like 75 yards and good chance to score. Powell can't score em all. Jets seem committed to running, gotta love that.

Comments

• GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Peyton, not even close. Game is lined at 48 and Baltimore D isn't very good these days, no reason to expect a slug fest. If it is, oh well.

Agree on Sproles at flex. Don't love Greene b/c of Powell. They also likely can't run it 36 times every game for them each to get 17+ carries like last game.
  • pokpok1616pokpok1616 Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    Ever since they put Kaepernick as starting qb, niners struggled offensively.
  • FairWarningFairWarning Member
    edited December 2012
    If its not PPR, i like Greene a lot at flex. You can run on Tenn pretty easily and Powell is hurt. Better chance of scoring then Sproles. TB has a good rush D, and there are a lot of targets for Brees to pass a td to.
  • BIGtimerDCBIGtimerDC Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    Thanks for the info guys. I slept on it and was thinking the same thing. Can't bench Peyton he's largely the reason I'm in the position I'm in now... Wish we had a better sample on Kaepernick and oh well if he plays well I should benefit since I'm starting Crabtree also! Good luck fellas.
  • BigItaly42BigItaly42 Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    If its not PPR, i like Greene a lot at flex. You can run on Tenn pretty easily and Powell is hurt. Better chance of scoring then Sproles. TB has a good rush D, and there are a lot of targets for Brees to pass a td to.
    IMO Sproles has a great chance of scoring. Finally looked 100 percent last week, two scores. He is hard to stop on screens in the red zone. Also got a few carries and a rushing TD last week. I like sproles but BOL to you