Betting Talk

NBA One-A-Day Best Bet Only - Friday November 9th

MachineGunMachineGun Senior Member
edited November 2012 in Sports Betting
Please post your best NBA play of the day. This is an older thread that I am reviving because I always loved it and found it helpful. This is a great place for the non or passive NBA fan who might just be looking to make a fun play for the day, bump up a parley or just find a gem.

Rules:
1. Post ONLY your best play of the day; however, do not force it just to make a play. If there are no good plays in a day... just let it go.
2. Pick only +100 to -120 lines. This thread is meant for sides w/ spread and O/U only. 1Hs are ok, 2Hs are not. If you feel like you just have to pick a ML dog, please do it in your own thread.
3. Keep your record for this thread and this thread only and display it (updated) with your pick each day, it will be helpful to others. Please do not post your overall record for the site. Per the spirit of the bettingtalk, please do not post in this thread if it is not a pick you would co-sign to your overall site record.
4. If someone has already made the pick you like, post it anyways. It can be helpful to see that there is a consensus amongst your favorite cappers.
5. Lastly, use the line at the time of your post. If you got a better overnight line in your personal thread... too bad, it does no good for someone to see a line they can no longer follow.

Good Luck To All

Comments

• MachineGunMachineGun Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    12/13 Season: 3-4, W1

BKN -2.5
  • KidHuskerKidHusker Member
    edited November 2012
    YTD 1-2-1

Houston +7
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    YTD 7-1

#508 4:30PM OVER 197 Dallas/N.Y (Cuban Visits Kidd)

When you look at the teams your thinking a number around the low 200's. Dallas is 5-0 to the over N.Y is 1-2 but they played three games and two were against Philly. To get Philly out of the 80's is huge. If you look at the stats you'll see that both teams processions are avg and both teams are also avg going to the line. That's because there defense sucks and they both love hosting the 3 ball N.Y. a little more then Dallas and there perimeter is bad and their shooting a very high % at this time. The only problem I could have is the same problem in the Over Den/Hous the Knicks haven't played since the 5th Good Luck
  • moneymikemoneymike Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    San Antonio Spurs -5.5 @ Sacramento Kings
    Pinnacle Sports
    YTD: 4-6
    edited November 2012
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    YTD 7-1

#508 4:30PM OVER 197 Dallas/N.Y (Cuban Visits Kidd)

When you look at the teams your thinking a number around the low 200's. Dallas is 5-0 to the over N.Y is 1-2 but they played three games and two were against Philly. To get Philly out of the 80's is huge. If you look at the stats you'll see that both teams processions are avg and both teams are also avg going to the line. That's because there defense sucks and they both love hosting the 3 ball N.Y. a little more then Dallas and there perimeter is bad and their shooting a very high % at this time. The only problem I could have is the same problem in the Over Den/Hous the Knicks haven't played since the 5th Good Luck

Wanted to add that we have 3 Over Ref's in this game I realize the season just started but Kevin Scott is also one of the Ref's Likes to Blow so we may get more there Avg amount of FT's in this game.
  • rhinocerosrhinoceros Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    Memphis - 7 v Houston. Sentiment.

ytd 1-1
  • StackAttackStackAttack Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    YTD 3-1

Warriors +7.5

Last: Wednesday sixers +1.5 - W
  • gopherpuckgopherpuck Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    Heat/hawks over 1st half 101.5

4-5 overall

Good luck to all
  • BrownieBrownie Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    Cavs/Sus over 201 - Both have terrible defense (cavs allowed the highest opponent FG% and phoenix allowed highest opponent 3-pt %)

YTD 5-1
  • jjvoitjjvoit Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    YTD

1-2

Orlando +3
  • DogsoutDogsout Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    My POD selection record 0-3.... -3 units

Tonight following OldTimer.... #508 4:30PM OVER 197 Dallas/N.Y..... I'm in at OVER 197 Dallas/N.Y -107 5Dimes (Reduced)

GL to all

Dogsout (Sorry in advance if I put the big JINX on you excellent 7-1 record OT)
  • biggunsbigguns Member
    edited November 2012
    First pick of the NBA season
    Dallas Mavs under 197.5 good luck!
  • MachineGunMachineGun Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    MachineGun wrote: »
    12/13 Season: 3-4, W1

BKN -2.5

Sorry about the nail biter, wish this had been less streasful
  • King BKing B Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    Lakers -7.5

YTD - 0-0
    edited November 2012
    Dogsout wrote: »
    My POD selection record 0-3.... -3 units

Tonight following OldTimer.... #508 4:30PM OVER 197 Dallas/N.Y..... I'm in at OVER 197 Dallas/N.Y -107 5Dimes (Reduced)

GL to all

Dogsout (Sorry in advance if I put the big JINX on you excellent 7-1 record OT)

Dogsout, Please in the future make your plays before me. JK Can you believe we had to sweat that total.
  • DogsoutDogsout Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    OldTimer thanks for the play and thanks for the WIN. Can't say I didn't give it my best shot to Jinx it!
    edited November 2012
    Dogsout wrote: »
    OldTimer thanks for the play and thanks for the WIN. Can't say I didn't give it my best shot to Jinx it!

wow 1:03 left needing 5 points but if you think about they're losing by 12 and the last team with the ball under 24 is just going to kill it. I thought we were dead and then the three and I know if the Knicks don't get a basket no matter who rebounds will just run the clock.
    Lucky is Good we usually talk about the bad beat this time we got them.

Good Luck Dogs