Overall: 12-10-1 (54.55%) +1.00u +1.04clv

503 Bos Celtics +7 (-110) --- BetCRIS

Comments

• weedsweeds Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    Team Win Totals:

Detroit Pistons O 31.5 (+100) --- Pinny
    Toronto Raptors O 34.5 (-105) --- Pinny

Might add one or two more before tomorrow...
    edited October 2012
    505 Mavs/Lakers U 187 (-110) --- BetCRIS
    edited October 2012
    706 Det Pistons -3 (-110) --- BetCRIS
    edited October 2012
    702 Tor Raptors +3.5 (-110) --- BetCRIS
    edited October 2012
    716 LA Clippers -4 (-110) --- Pinny
    edited October 2012
    713 G St Warriors +3.5 (-110) --- BetCRIS
    edited October 2012
    503 Celtics/Heat 2nd Q O 46.5 (-115) --- BetCRIS
    edited October 2012
    Lakers/Trail Blazers U 190.5 --- BetCRIS
  • tribecalledjefftribecalledjeff Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    Rolling with ya, here, weeds. Good luck!
    edited October 2012
    Rolling with ya, here, weeds. Good luck!

Thanks Tribe, same to you. Thought Lakers looked nothing short of horrible offensively last night. It's going to take some time for them to figure it out. Surprised to see some small steam push it to 191. I'm sure it'll close south of 190.

Also I will not be surprised if the market disagrees with me on the Pistons. I'm starting to like this team a lot, especially inside with Monroe and Drummond. Add the recent trade to the mix and my math model loving the Pistons, I think they are one fine wager tonight.
  • tribecalledjefftribecalledjeff Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    weeds wrote: »
    Thanks Tribe, same to you. Thought Lakers looked nothing short of horrible offensively last night. It's going to take some time for them to figure it out. Surprised to see some small steam push it to 191. I'm sure it'll close south of 190.

Also I will not be surprised if the market disagrees with me on the Pistons. I'm starting to like this team a lot, especially inside with Monroe and Drummond. Add the recent trade to the mix and my math model loving the Pistons, I think they are one fine wager tonight.

What do you think Drummond will be, both this year and down the road? I live in Detroit, but I'm not a die hard Pistons fan by any means. I prefer college hoops to pro, but when the Pistons are competitive I do watch quite a bit. His development would certainly make them interesting and go a long way towards making them competitive.
    edited October 2012
    What do you think Drummond will be, both this year and down the road? I live in Detroit, but I'm not a die hard Pistons fan by any means. I prefer college hoops to pro, but when the Pistons are competitive I do watch quite a bit. His development would certainly make them interesting and go a long way towards making them competitive.

I think the sky is the limit for him as far as rebounding and defense goes. Him and Monroe, who I think even higher of, should be able to flat out dominate teams on the boards, while patrolling the paint on defense, starting this year. For the last month or so I've been joking with an NBA junkie friend, calling the two "The Bash Brothers". It's scary to think what this tandum will be doing in 3 to 5 years. It might be even sooner given their preseason rebounding numbers (Drummond averaged 3.3 off rebs in less than 20 minutes per game).

NBA GMs kill for these type of players and the Pistons have two.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited October 2012

I didn't see the game but the free throw line really hurt them The Lakers went to the line 31 times making just 12 where Dallas went only 18 times making 14.
    Nash had only 4 assists and Howard was 3 for 14 from the line before fouling out.
    True they will take a little time playing together but they usually struggle with Portland and this series usually goes to the over. I played Over 191. I'm against you guys on this one but as always wish you the best moving forward.

PS: Mr. Burger please check spelling and Grammar
  • ContrarianContrarian Banned
    edited October 2012
    Old-Timer wrote: »

I didn't see the game but the free throw line really hurt them The Lakers went to the line 31 times making just 12 where Dallas went only 18 times making 14.
    Nash had only 4 assists and Howard was 3 for 14 from the line before fouling out.
    True they will take a little time playing together but they usually struggle with Portland and this series usually goes to the over. I played Over 191. I'm against you guys on this one but as always wish you the best moving forward.

Not often you see a -9 hf outshoot outboard and outdish and almost lose by dd but that scenario went down in Lala land last eve
    edited October 2012
    Old-Timer wrote: »

Some good points, OT. Not going to tip my hand too much, but I think Portland matches up MUCH better inside with LA than an injured Dallas team. Usually teams tend to send their opponents to the line more when they are over-matched inside. I don't think that's the case here, but it certainly was last night.

Good luck tonight! I'm certain this one game won't make or break either of us.
    edited October 2012
    703 Den Nuggets 2nd H -3 (-105) --- BetCRIS
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    703 Den Nuggets 2nd H -3 (-105) --- BetCRIS

Good Luck with Denver was going to ride with you and got shutout
    edited October 2012
    707 SA Spurs -5.5 (-110) --- Pinny
    edited October 2012
    Note, 707 Spurs -5.5 was 2nd H play
    edited November 2012
    Updated record as of 11/1

17-15-1 (53.13%) +0.50u +0.83clv
    edited November 2012
    503 Thunder/Spurs 3rd Q O 50.5 (-115) --- BetCRIS
    503 Thunder/Spurs 4th Q O 50.5 (-115) --- BetCRIS
    edited November 2012
    503 Thunder/Spurs 3rd Q O 50.5 (-115) --- BetCRIS
    503 Thunder/Spurs 4th Q O 50.5 (-115) --- BetCRIS

Might have broken a rule here. Goats, can I play both of these or not?
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    You can play both but can only count 1 in your official record I think
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Might have broken a rule here. Goats, can I play both of these or not?

No, you can't include correlated plays in your unweighted record b/c it makes it somewhat weighted (explained in the guidelines). You can pick one or the other. You're free to keep a secondary weighted record and include both, but for your main record, please indicate which one should count.

Thanks for taking the time to notice this and ask about it.
    edited November 2012
    Goats wrote: »
    No, you can't include correlated plays in your unweighted record b/c it makes it somewhat weighted (explained in the guidelines). You can pick one or the other. You're free to keep a secondary weighted record and include both, but for your main record, please indicate which one should count.

Thanks for taking the time to notice this and ask about it.

No problem, Goats. It was a while since I read over the rules, but something felt funny after posting. I'm not really interested in running a weighted record - probably for the reasons Ed puts an emphasis on unweighted records.

Is it possible to cancel both? I don't feel comfortable weighting one stronger than another for the purposes of my record.
  • rhinocerosrhinoceros Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    Are you sure they're correlated? Obviously 3Q and 4Q don't overlap.
    edited November 2012
    rhinoceros wrote: »
    Are you sure they're correlated? Obviously 3Q and 4Q don't overlap.

They don't overlap, but certainly correlated. If someone was keeping an unweighted record and played, say over in every quarter instead of for the game, that would be weighting it to an extent. Keeping an unweighted record shows your true advantage. Playing multiple overs in the same game would take away from that.
    edited November 2012
    Hou Rockets +6 (-110) --- BerCRIS
    edited November 2012
    Golden St Warriors PK (-110) --- BetCRIS
    edited November 2012
    Portland/OKC O 201.5 (-110) --- BetCRIS