• blackbullblackbull Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    1.10 for 1.00 / Auburn Tigers & Clemson Tigers Under 56.5 -110
    edited August 2012
    1.10 for 1.00 / Alabama Crimson Tide -13.0 over Michigan Wolverines
    edited September 2012
    Gonna step out of the SEC and play some other games this year, so just going to keep an overall NCAA Football record. One for Sunday:

1.10 for 1.00 / Kentucky Wildcats +13.0 -110 over Louisville Cardinals

Note: Only thing I'm worried about with Kentucky in this game is their youth (Louisville is young too though). With that said, Kentucky has more talent than Louisville and Charlie Strong is not such a great coach that he can make mighty men out of midgets (unlike a coach like Mike Leach or Chris Peterson who you have to account for). Also like the fact that this game might be played in some rain (just hope the lightning holds off) and Kentucky has the better hawgs to wallow around in those type of conditions.
    edited September 2012
    Week 2

1.10 for 1.00 / Penn State Nittany Lions +8.5 -110 over Virginia Cavaliers

1.10 for 1.00 / Florida Gators +2.5 -110 over Texas A&M Aggies
    edited September 2012
    1.10 for 1.00 / Utah Utes -7.0 -110 over Utah State Aggies
    edited September 2012
    1.05 for 1.00 / Georgia Dawgs -3.5 -105 over Missouri Tigers
    edited September 2012
    1.10 for 1.00 / Virginia Tech Hokies -7.5 -110 over Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
    edited September 2012
    1.10 for 1.00 / Michigan Wolverines -21.0 -110 over Air Force Falcons
    edited September 2012
    1.10 for 1.00 / Kentucky Wildcats -7.0 -110 over Kent State Golden Flashes
    edited September 2012
    1.10 for 1.00 / Oregon State Beavers +6.5 -110 over Wisconsin Badgers
    edited September 2012
    1.10 for 1.00 / Northwestern Wildcats +3.5 -110 over Vanderbilt Commodores
    edited September 2012
    Week 3

1.10 for 1.00 / Utah Utes +3.5 -110 over BYU Cougars

1.10 for 1.00 / North Carolina Tar Heels +3.5 -110 over Louisville Cardinals

1.10 for 1.00 / Kansas Jayhawks +22.0 -110 over TCU Horn Frogs

1.10 for 1.00 / Ohio State Buckeyes -15.5 -110 over California Golden Bears
  • hornhorn Super Moderator
    edited September 2012
    What u think about the situation with ULM and the big number?

GL this season, Bull!
    edited September 2012
    1.10 for 1.00 / Penn State Nittany Lions -5.5 -110 over Navy Midshipmen
    edited September 2012
    horn wrote: »
    What u think about the situation with ULM and the big number?

GL this season, Bull!

Thanks for the well wishes my man. Always good to have a fellow SEC man stop by!

As for the game: I have this number being a little light. Not enough to back Auburn, but I do think Auburn comes out and earns a margin of over 3 TD's against the Warhawks. I don't like big favorites though, so I really need a lot to take one. I know being an Alabama man, you wouldn't mind another UL Monroe shocker! ;-)

On a side note, really upset about the whole UL Monroe/Tyler Wilson debacle b/c I highly doubt I am going to have the value I foresaw having at the beginning of the year with your Tide against them. Their bubble burst one week too early! :-(
    edited September 2012
    Haha thanks for the feedback, I can see that it could look a little light from a PR perspective.

I just saw someone post on a Bama message board that the line is 14 somewhere with Wilson being doubtful. Not sure if it's true but that seems low if they trot out that same QB who finished the game against ULM with the other injuries they sustained last game. I don't see them getting much more than 13, and that could be really generous, with him at QB and that would mean they would need to keep Bama to 27 or less to keep it on the number, which they just won't do. I thought the line would be Bama -6 or -7 before the game with Wilson healthy and to say that the dropoff between the two guys is only a TD is a silly notion to me.
    edited September 2012
    See I would have taken Bama @ -7 w/ Wilson @ QB for the Hawgs, but I can't take them at -14 if Wilson's status is still up in the air going into the game unless Arky has some other injuries that I have yet to become aware of. That's purely based on the whole "doubtful" thing though. I just don't know enough right now. If he's a confirmed no-go then I might be able to grab my number on it, but the whole "Arkansas is an all-star offense with Superman Tyler Wilson at QB" nonsense that was creating so much value is now gone and I'm not happy about it! LOL! C'est la vie...
    edited September 2012
    Totally understand about not getting involved with Wilson status up in air. If I were Arky, I wouldn't announce anything until
    kick but I would be very, very surprised if he played. After the beating he took in that 1h and after what Bama did to him last year, it's just not smart to play him. If John L sits him, he has a scapegoat if they get blown out to boot..
    edited September 2012
    Hate that I missed the move, but my number at opener didn't show enough value. Now it does (i.e. info and adjustments made accordingly)

1.10 for 1.00 / Arizona State +6.5 -110 over Missouri Tigers
  • catspausecatspause Member
    edited September 2012
    Seen where you played Kentucky in the first 2 weeks, what's your take on them this week againt WKU laying around 7? Thanks for the pics and GL!!
    edited September 2012
    Thanks for stopping by buds, appreciate the well wishes!

1.10 for 1.00 / Western Kentucky Hilltoppers +8.0 -110 over Kentucky

As for this game: I was waiting on it, but I'll actually just go ahead and grab it as it's crossed the 7 and that's what I wanted. It's a very dangerous game for the 'Cats w/ the SEC schedule on deck and Western Kentucky packing some extra mo in this one (lil' bro syndrome). Taggert and his team have been in the news about their dislike for blue on their campus. Translation: They are going to bring it. They are also focusing on preventing fumbles (carrying balls on campus "The Program" style, if you've seen that movie) and that should pay off. I really like Coach Taggert and am not a fan of Joker Phillips. If it wasn't for the coaching mismatch, I'd have the Cats winning this game by slightly under the opening line= 4 points. Problem is that I consider coaching an undervalued element of the game of football and I have to account for it. To me the game of football is played between two coaching staffs. Of course, each coach's ability to beat the opposing coach is largely dependent on the "tools" that he has to work with. That's just how I see the game of football. I think the Hilltoppers pull off the upset in this one. I think bettors look at that name "Western Kentucky" and assume they are just another Kent State. That is a BIG mistake in my opinion. I know that's not what you want to hear, but that's just how I see it. I could be WAY WRONG and it wouldn't be the first time ;-) Best of luck to your 'Cats the rest of the way my friend.
    edited September 2012
    WKU really impressed me last week, Bama was really flat but WKu didn't deserve to lose that game by 35. The shifts they do on offense gave Bama a lot of problems and I imagine they will for UK as well. i wouldn't be surprised at all to see the Toppers get the outright..
    edited September 2012
    1.10 for 1.00 / Pittsburgh Panthers & Virginia Tech Hokies Over 43.0 -110
    edited September 2012
    1.10 for 1.00 / North Carolina Tar Heels & Louisville Cardinals Over 51.5 -110
    edited September 2012
    1.10 for 1.00 / Florida Gators & Tennessee Volunteers Over 47.0 -110
  • catspausecatspause Member
    edited September 2012
    Thanks for the input.. I was leaning WKU @ +4! They should of pulled the upset last year down in Nashville and I'm sure thats in the back of their head.. Glad you mentiond Joker, was curios what people outside of Lexington thought about his coaching! Thanks again
    edited September 2012
    You're welcome big guy!

Alright guys, a big ugly favorite. Value is value though:

1.10 for 1.00 / Florida State Seminoles -27.5 -110 over Wake Forest Demon Deacons
  • spiderman77spiderman77 Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Very nice day Bull. Sure was a lot of value on that FSU play.
    edited September 2012
    Thanks buds! Definitely a good week, but it's only one week so I just have to keep my head down and get back to work cuz it's a long season ;-)
    edited September 2012
    Week 4:

1.10 for 1.00 / Florida Gators -25.0 -110 over Kentucky Wildcats

1.10 for 1.00 / South Carolina Gamecocks -9.5 -110 over Missouri Tigers

1.10 for 1.00 / Georgia Bulldogs -13.0 -110 over Vanderbilt Commodores