Betting Talk

Florida @ A&m

texastech21texastech21 Senior Member
edited September 2012 in Sports Betting
Anyone have any input on this game? Gut tells me Florida will have too much speed on D. I know Florida isn't as strong as in the past but would think they come up with some big plays. Florida is at a pk from +2 today for me. Will be at the game so I will end up playing it lol. Lots of $ on florida today.Also suprised by the mizzou Georgia line. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Comments

• BrownieBrownie Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    I had the same thoughts, I will take a SEC team over another conference team any day if it is PK. I am leaning Georgia and Florida at first glance, but will research more before I pulled the trigger.
  • texastech21texastech21 Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    I agree. I think aggies will be ready and won't get blown out. Just feel that Florida will have a couple more big plays on both sides of the ball being the difference. As far as the mizzou game I think mizzou plays a faster style of football already compared to a&m but still at home or not Georgia just seems too easy. -2 and lots of play on mizzou today.
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited September 2012
    My opinion for what it's worth is A&M in an easy win. Gators offense is terrible, A&M will score on any defense, I just don't see how Gators answer on offense.
  • blackbullblackbull Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    I have Florida -7.0 in this one. That's based purely on the talent differential in the game. If you add the situation of a new starting QB that is more of a run than pass threat and who is going to be running a brand new offense against the best defense the school has faced in a long time in the team's first game of the season, you could bump that line even further northward. Just my 2 cents. Good luck buds!
  • blackbullblackbull Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Oh and as far as the Georgia @ Missou game goes. Let's just say the game shouldn't be close. I'm embarrassed to even say what my number is right now cuz it's such a large disparity :) I want to say this: I like Pinkel, think he is a very good coach, don't like Richt and Bobo (like Grantham though), but Missou's Jimmy's just don't match up with Georgia Joe's. Yeah, UGA has a couple of key guys out on Defense. That said, the gap b/t these two teams is still very large. It's a night game in Missou with a good coach and a rocking crowd so anything can happen, but I grabbed UGA early and I don't regret the move in the slightest. UGA's defense is AWESOME and I think they start to show it on Saturday even with a couple of key guys out. Missou also is showing a lot of immaturity w/ Richarson's comments. Could be an isolated player, but usually one player is a fair representation of the bunch. I think we see Missou enter shock midway through the 1st. This ain't the Big 12. If you want to pass, you better have some hawgs to protect your stud Franklin with. I don't think Missou has them. But as they always say: "Time will tell the tale."
  • hornhorn Super Moderator
    edited September 2012
    I think the Big12, errr, new SEC splits. I'd say aTm and UGA win. Lot of unknowns for aTm but UF is trash on offense and I think aTm can do just enough on offense to get the job done.
  • LawboyLawboy Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Georgia and Texas AM will be picks for me this weekend. Florida is way overrated. They looked confused and pathetic against BGSU. They will improve, but it won't be enough to beat AM on the road.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Brownie wrote: »
    I had the same thoughts, I will take a SEC team over another conference team any day if it is PK. I am leaning Georgia and Florida at first glance, but will research more before I pulled the trigger.

you do realize these teams are all in SEC right :)? Florida is brutal and will continue to be brutal on offense all season I think. just b/c they are an SEC doesn't always mean they are the right side to bet. you think the line would make both GA and FL huge favs but they aren't for a reason. GA I think should handle biz but again the lines are made for a reason.
  • NFLPicksGuyNFLPicksGuy Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    I think UNDER 50.5 is the play. Florida's offense has slowed down, they don't seem to trust Driscoll. But their Defense is very good. The Aggies O-line is as good as any in the nation, and they should run the ball a lot, especially as they brake in their first year starting qb. I can't see either team topping 24.
  • PeayManiaPeayMania Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Now that Florida has settled on a QB going forward I think the offense will start to gear towards his strengths ( shorter to intermediate throws as well as his legs). I do think that there were players that were siding with one of the QBs over the other (mostly WR) as Brissett was the better deep ball thrower. Now that its been put to rest I think the playbook opens up and they won't be as one dimensional as it looked.against Bowling Green. I think Muschamp was trying to prove to himself and the team they can run the football between the tackles even if it was just against BG. Im not saying I think the offense will become a juggernaut but I do think it will be much improved going forward. I think a lot of Pease frustration he so vividly showed was a lot to do with dumb mistakes and soft running by the freshman but also in how limited hr was in what he could call.

Defensively Florida will make adjustments especially in the secondary where they continued to give 10 yard cushion and the BG veteran QB kept sinking for 7-8 yard completions. Those gaps will shrink and their play will improve. I think the test will be can Florida stop the run without bringing extra guys in the box. I say yes, but with some hesitation. I think if A&M has to throw they are in trouble.

Emotions will play a big part in this game as it is the first home game, and SEC game for A&M. Florida does have penalty issues and can succumb to the noise and early emotions of the moment. That being said I think not enough is being made of A&M not playing week 1 and the rust will show. I also think too much is being made about the offensive struggles for Florida and they will score enough to win.

Florida 27-A&M 20

Disclaimer: I am partially biased (Go Gators)
  • BigFishBigFish Member
    edited September 2012
    Gator fan here, but an unbiased one. The play on the side, IMO, is A&M, for reasons stated above. UF just isn't anything on offense. I also love the under for reasons stated by NFLPICKSGUY. I got 52 early in the week, would play it all the way down to 48 though. Both offenses will run the ball, and the clock will churn.
  • BrownieBrownie Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    newcombe wrote: »
    you do realize these teams are all in SEC right :)? Florida is brutal and will continue to be brutal on offense all season I think. just b/c they are an SEC doesn't always mean they are the right side to bet. you think the line would make both GA and FL huge favs but they aren't for a reason. GA I think should handle biz but again the lines are made for a reason.

Yea I know, but they were in Big 12 last year.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    i was just kidden brownie of course. The SEC is clearly a dominant conference but you can't generalize the entire conference to always be the best bet out there is all i was saying.