Betting Talk

Miss state backers

StackAttackStackAttack Senior Member
edited September 2012 in Sports Betting
I see a lot out there this wk. I'm not capping the sec this yr. focusing primarily on little 10, mac and big least. Saying that...when...and I'm sure it will the line gets to 3.5 again. I'm gonna be tempted to take the tigers. So just looking for some thoughts on the gm from bulldog backers. I'm prob just missing something. Thanks in advance and good luck to all as we start the nfl season.

Comments

• StackAttackStackAttack Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    It's at 3.5
  • GolfProfitsGolfProfits Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Pretty simple in my opinion, Miss St is the better team. The bookies are basically making this game a pick 'em since it's Miss St -3 at home. Pick whoever you think is the better team. Not a lot to figure out on this one.

Auburn has been outplayed by Miss St the past 2 years despite winning both games. Auburn is closer to the team that got blown out by Bama, UGA, LSU, & Arkansas last year than they are to the team that beat Florida, Virginia, and Clemson in 2011. Plus, I think Auburn looked absolutely atrocious against Clemson this year. Personally, I don't think Clemson is even a top-20 team and Auburn looked vastly inferior to them last week. I think Miss St is a physical team that lacks skill players, and I think Auburn is anything but a physical team. I'm laying the 3. Best of luck.
  • hornhorn Super Moderator
    edited September 2012
    Mullen just can't seem to beat anybody in conference besides ole sis.. Everytime I expect them to take that next step they let me down. I have no idea what miss st brings back this year but I'd just be hesitant to play them in conference when laying points. Seems like the type of offense that Auburn could have a nice day against with Russel's lack of mobility and a pretty tenacious Aub DL. I haven't seen the total but imagine this could play something like 2010's 17-14 game.
  • GolfProfitsGolfProfits Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    horn wrote: »
    Mullen just can't seem to beat anybody in conference besides ole sis.. Everytime I expect them to take that next step they let me down. I have no idea what miss st brings back this year but I'd just be hesitant to play them in conference when laying points. Seems like the type of offense that Auburn could have a nice day against with Russel's lack of mobility and a pretty tenacious Aub DL. I haven't seen the total but imagine this could play something like 2010's 17-14 game.

To be fair, he does play in the SEC West. Very few opportunities for W's. He's 9-15 in the SEC in his first 3 seasons. Last year he had to play all SEC West schools plus UGA, South Carolina, & Kentucky. That's brutal, and it explains having only 2 conference wins. He's beaten UGA & UF since he's been there. Of his 15 SEC loses, 12 have come at the hands of LSU, Bama, Ark, & Auburn. Hard to judge him on that alone.
    edited September 2012
    Those are fair points, miss st has never really won those types of games, historically. Like I said, I really don't know what they have this year and Auburn did nothing to inspire any confidence in me as a team last weekend so gun to my head I'd prob side with you on the mulldawgs -3. I hope you're right, I'm not one to ever turn down watching an Auburn loss!
  • StackAttackStackAttack Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    thanks for the thoughts guys. I did take the 3.5 last night when it was available. good luck either way. good to hear from you H man.
    edited September 2012
    You too buddy. Hope you are well!