Betting Talk

Which do you prefer college or the nfl?

milfhuntermilfhunter Senior Member
edited August 2012 in Sports Betting
I like college football but just to hold me over to sundays. Have so much going on sundays with fantasy, knockout pools and gambling.. gives me chills just thinking about it. cant wait for it to get underway.

Comments

• wcf1214wcf1214 Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    i like nfl especially second half of the year,the numbers are very tight and teasers have worked very well for me the last 3 years
  • dirty49dirty49 Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    I personally like college 4x more than NFL.
  • TotallyTiltTotallyTilt Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Watch: NFL
    Bet: College
  • topplayertopplayer Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    College for sure....NFL = National Fixed League..
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    As an NFL-capper I've been thinking about this a lot lately. If sports like College Football/ College Basketball/ CFL/ WNBA have weaker lines, shouldn't I be spending my time capping those? Kinda feels like the NFL is for squares. (trying to beat really strong lines)

And if College does have the weaker lines, shouldn't there be like 5 to 6 threads on this forum with College Football picks that end up royally positive at season's end?
  • buckeyesbuckeyes Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    College but thats probably because my Buckeyes having doing a whole lot better than my Browns. Looks like they might turn a corner this year. As for betting I like college as well. NFL is near impossible to beat.
  • BrownieBrownie Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Watch: NFL
    Bet: College

Totally agree, it's impossible to cap NFL in my opinion
  • noelnoel Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Agree with bet college and love betting NFl but I bet 3 times less in the NFl I lose every game in the last minute never fails.
  • PStonePStone Junior Member
    edited August 2012
    I totally love Sundays.

Why?

That's the day that lines come out for the week's slate of college football.

As a friend of mine used to say, "Friends don't let friends bet on the NFL (or watch it for that matter)."

Good luck this season,
    Paul
  • wcf1214wcf1214 Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    i seem to remember the books cleaning up in the bowl season last year
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    As I asked before:

If betting College is so much easier than betting against the tight NFL lines, shouldn't there be like 5 or 6 threads here on BT with College Football picks that all end up positive??

Who did it last year? (I wasn't around)
    - Stevie Y
    - .....who else?.....
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Obi One wrote: »
    As I asked before:

If betting College is so much easier than betting against the tight NFL lines, shouldn't there be like 5 or 6 threads here on BT with College Football picks that all end up positive??

Who did it last year? (I wasn't around)
    - Stevie Y
    - .....who else?.....

Betting the NFL isn't just sides/totals, it's easily the biggest prop market available. Individual props, player v player props, fantasy props...you can bet a lot of money on the NFL and never touch sides totals.

I'd also like to point out that in my experience there's nothing easy about sports betting, I don't care how "soft" the market is.