Betting Talk

Comments

• topplayertopplayer Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    As much as I want gambling made legal online, I wish the poker sites were legit......Anyone else think they are not random????
  • cabster13cabster13 Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    I believe they are as random as slot machines.... so no I do not think they are random!
  • kass101kass101 Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    topplayer wrote: »
    As much as I want gambling made legal online, I wish the poker sites were legit......Anyone else think they are not random????

Judging by the work done by poker pros and others on places like 2+2 to find the cheating going on at ultimate bet and others, if the games were not legit we would have found out a long long time ago.

come on guys.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited August 2012
    Not this again...

Yes, the large reputable sites are legit (as far as the games themselves). It's by far in their best interest to be on the up and up.
  • BigFishBigFish Member
    edited August 2012
    The title of the thread is misleading. The federal judge did not rule that "poker is not gambling." In this particular case, the judge (correctly) ruled that poker is a game of skill, and therefore exempt from prohibition under a federal statute aimed at barring games of pure chance. The more interesting thing, of course, is whether an appellate court will uphold the ruling, whether other courts will follow the ruling, and what effect, if any, it will have on the online poker industry.
  • MastermindMastermind Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    States are where online poker will be heading. I wish i knew when and which ones, but that remains to be seen. I hope they at least do it somewhat correctly and merge player pools from several states. Let's hope for another pokerboom soon!