Betting Talk

? for the fantasy football guys

acetotenacetoten Senior Member
edited August 2012 in Sports Betting
I lucked out and have the number 1 pick in tomorrows draft.
most people say take foster or aaron rogers. I think tom brady for some reason.

here are the scoring settings, what do u guys think?

Offense League Value
Passing Yards 25 yards per point; 5 points at 300 yards; 10 points at 400 yards; 15 points at 500 yards
Passing Touchdowns 6
Interceptions -3
Rushing Yards 10 yards per point; 5 points at 100 yards; 10 points at 150 yards; 15 points at 200 yards
Rushing Touchdowns 6
Receptions 1
Reception Yards 10 yards per point; 5 points at 100 yards; 10 points at 150 yards; 15 points at 200 yards
Reception Touchdowns 6

Comments

• acetotenacetoten Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    also, any suggestions other than yahoo for sites with good ff advice?
    are there any that consder your particular scoring settings?

thanx ,
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    I'd go RB... Only Foster, McCoy and Rice are top tier...QB has a lot more depth IMO
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    i usually go RB as I did last year with AP but its so hard to pass up on a gaurantee in A Rodgers. Its a very safe pick but one that will literally gaurantee you marginal points every week and then nab up an RB in your 2nd pick as there will still be legit ones out there.
  • thecaptain12thecaptain12 Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    passing tds at 6 are solid..I say take McCoy and get Stafford in 2 or Rivers, Manning in 3rd. Or cutler in the 4th or so. Think Cutler is comeback player of the year, much like Stafford the year before
  • thecaptain12thecaptain12 Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    acetoten wrote: »

thanx ,

use footballguys.com I have bought there subscription for the last 5 years. Great value and very cheap
  • The MavenThe Maven Junior Member
    edited August 2012
    acetoten wrote: »

Here's another one: http://www.fftoolbox.com - they provide FREE custom rankings based on entry of your scoring system, except their formulas do not include the yardage bonuses (you could try to factor them into your input).

I also lilke McCoy a ton but Rodgers is money with 6 pts per TD pass - Good luck!
  • sweetbreadsweetbread Junior Member
    edited August 2012
    You do get a full point per reception so I think Rice or McCoy are your best picks (I'm assuming you can only play one QB a week). Good luck
  • ChrisTChrisT Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    passing tds at 6 are solid..I say take McCoy and get Stafford in 2 or Rivers, Manning in 3rd. Or cutler in the 4th or so. Think Cutler is comeback player of the year, much like Stafford the year before

I agree with the captain. Rogers went 2nd in my draft and I took McCoy with the third pick. I ended up getting Cutler in the 6th.

Rice went No. 1.
  • HowardBealHowardBeal Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    I find it amusing that everyone seems to know what round to take these other qbs in without knowing how many teams in ur league! Best answer i can give is this: 14 team league or higher, take rodgers, come back with best 2 rbs for ur 2nd, 3rd (u can wait on wr...very deep)...10 or 12 team league, u can go safe and consistant with ray rice, or high upside with foster, and still end up with giod qb value in the fourth, fifth, or sixth round (peyton, matt ryan, romo)....
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited August 2012
    Howard makes a good point and I would agree with his general idea of the answer being influenced by # of teams. As much as I'd want a top QB b/c of the scoring (see my recent fantasy post that also values QB's), RB's are so questionable after the top 3 IMO, I'd have a hard time not taking one with the #1 pick.
  • weberweber Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    if you take Aaron Rodgers with that scoring system, you clinch the playoffs automatically.
  • PeayManiaPeayMania Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    I agree with captain that Cutler is going to have a big year with the additions they made. There is such a huge discrepancy in RB this year, even more so than in past years. Plus, the problem with Rodgers is while yes he will help you get in the playoffs, I lost in the playoffs last year because he would play a half or sit out.
  • drurymikedrurymike Member
    edited August 2012
    I think everyone is giving good advice. The other factor to consider is how many rbs and wrs, flex do you start. I am in agreement with others that think RBs are limited this year and there is nice depth at WR. I would probably go RB with the first pick....
  • BIGtimerDCBIGtimerDC Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    I'm having a similar debate with myself and there is no question I would take a RB Lesean Mccoy or Ray Rice #1. Foster has Ben Tate who may sneak in on his carries total. He looked pretty legitimate last year so why would they run Foster into the ground. Anyways, those three are keepers in my league. I know Rodgers will be off the board when I pick #3. It's a ten team league and I want Brees or Brady, but really considering Chris Johnson. I think he's in for a breakout year and if not him then I am thinking why not take Megatron. He should be on a tear as well. I do like the running back strategy and I want to load up. Already keeping Charles and Murray in later rounds.
  • drurymikedrurymike Member
    edited August 2012
    Bigtimer....i think you are in a great spot...i dont think you can go wrong with cj2k there or megatron, but if your league favors qbs with the scoring then cant go wrong with brady or brees...i love brady this year....but if qb scoring is not favored i would go rb or wr and grab a qb later and load up on your position players.