Betting Talk

First Stoffo play of 2012

BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
edited September 2012 in Sports Betting
There are 3 games on Sat where both oitchers have at least 3 starts. 2 of those games (Phil/SD and Min/TB) do not qualify as either a side or total play, but the third #929 Bal (Arrieta) @ LAA(Weaver) qualifies as an under. Currently under 7.5 -116 (Pinny) for the first official Stoffo play of the season

Comments

• rhinocerosrhinoceros Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    today:

SF/Cin u 8.5 -109
    edited April 2012
    today:

Wash/LAD u6 -113
    TB/TX u9 -111
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    I don't see Detwiler on the list for Washington I do see the Texas/TB play am I missing something?

You could actually use the Arizona/Miami game also Close enough
  • HavanaHavana Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    The Stoffo pick for Sat. Seems to not be on BM??? Thanjs
  • BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    I don't see Detwiler on the list for Washington I do see the Texas/TB play am I missing something?

You could actually use the Arizona/Miami game also Close enough

I show the same two Stoffo unders as Rhino does. Detwiler's NPERA rating of B20, 2.23 puts him under today's NL cut-off of 2.49, with Kershaw's NPERA of 2.24, it makes the game an under play. As far as Arz/Mia under. Although very close, it doesn't qualify by Stoffo parameters. As a matter of fact, some one truly playing the entire Stoffo system would have Arz as a side play, and again using the Stoffo parameters, a single game never qualifies as both a side play AND an under play
    edited April 2012
    I show the same two Stoffo unders as Rhino does. Detwiler's NPERA rating of B20, 2.23 puts him under today's NL cut-off of 2.49, with Kershaw's NPERA of 2.24, it makes the game an under play. As far as Arz/Mia under. Although very close, it doesn't qualify by Stoffo parameters. As a matter of fact, some one truly playing the entire Stoffo system would have Arz as a side play, and again using the Stoffo parameters, a single game never qualifies as both a side play AND an under play

I thought that only the A list was used. That's why we need you Bucky. Thanks for the reply really appreciate it. But I do understand about the cut off number on the B list
  • cabster13cabster13 Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    Slugfest in the Tex/TB game... under didnt make it out of the 5th...
    edited April 2012
    I don't know about the rest of the players here but if your ahead this season (it's a long season) so far or even for that matter your doing very well I don't know that many people that are earning at this point.
    edited April 2012
    today:

TB/TX u9 +107
    edited May 2012
    today:

CHW/Det u7.5 -113
    edited May 2012
    rhinoceros wrote: »
    today:

CHW/Det u7.5 -113

I don't think Smyly has enough innings to qualify, Bucky if your looking can you confirm also I believe if I'm understanding the B list the Pitt/Cincy Under 7 +117 is a play
    edited May 2012
    I don't think Smyly has enough innings to qualify, Bucky if your looking can you confirm also I believe if I'm understanding the B list the Pitt/Cincy Under 7 +117 is a play

I have the same 2 under plays for today that Rhino listed. Pit/Cin under is not a play because Cueto's 2012 NPERA rating is, A25 3.08 which is above today's NL cut-off of 2.76. Regarding Smyly, Stoffo has no "number of innings" requirement, but instead uses the "must have at least 3 starts" requirement. And I believe there are at least 2 other AL pitchers starting today that meet the Stoffo parameters, that have fewer innings pitched than Smyly, ie---Gomez (Clv) and Ross (Oak). Anyway, hope that helps.
    edited May 2012
    Rhino, That's for your help and Bucky must be getting old could have sworn that Cueto was in the Top 20
    So today it looks like Cleveland/Texas, White sox/ Detroit, Oakland/ T.Bay.
  • cachemancacheman Member
    edited May 2012
    Ross for the A's doesn't make the cut. He gave up 9 earned runs last start and that knocked him way down the list.
    edited May 2012
    Rhino, That's for your help and Bucky must be getting old could have sworn that Cueto was in the Top 20
    So today it looks like Cleveland/Texas, White sox/ Detroit, Oakland/ T.Bay.
    As cache noted--Oak/TB does not qualify as an under play. When I was referring to Gomez and Ross I just meant that they were starting pitchers who had at least 3 starts, that actually had fewer innings pitched than Smyly--not meaning to imply that Ross qualified for an under..
    edited May 2012
    today:

StL/AZ u8.5 +111

SF/LAD u6.5 +110
  • MastermindMastermind Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    Thanks for posting these plays. What's the W/L and units up or down for this season thus far? Past seasons?? I've played two of them this year going 1-1, losing w/StL under last evening. Is there a break down before and after All-Star break for past season??
    edited May 2012
    Mastermind wrote: »
    Thanks for posting these plays. What's the W/L and units up or down for this season thus far? Past seasons?? I've played two of them this year going 1-1, losing w/StL under last evening. Is there a break down before and after All-Star break for past season??

I've been checking daily and posting the plays. I have not been tracking the results. I could use some help with that. Anyone?

Since the bets are mixed in with my other baseball bets, I can't tell you the record for this season. But I'm pretty sure it has been terrible. The results for previous seasons were quite good. You can find them in one of the other stoffo threads started early this season. Use the search tool on the forum main page at the top right.

I too have wondered about early season vs late season. The early season pitcher rankings suffer from being very small sample sizes. But the late season rankings may suffer from including old games--early season games--that may not reflect a pitcher's current form. If anyone has the data, it would probably be Bucky. Are you out there Bucky?
    edited May 2012
    today:

StL/AZ u9.5 100

CHW/Cle u7.5 -125

Det/Sea u7.5 -120
    edited May 2012
    I've been checking daily and posting the plays. I have not been tracking the results. I could use some help with that. Anyone?

Since the bets are mixed in with my other baseball bets, I can't tell you the record for this season. But I'm pretty sure it has been terrible. The results for previous seasons were quite good. You can find them in one of the other stoffo threads started early this season. Use the search tool on the forum main page at the top right.

I too have wondered about early season vs late season. The early season pitcher rankings suffer from being very small sample sizes. But the late season rankings may suffer from including old games--early season games--that may not reflect a pitcher's current form. If anyone has the data, it would probably be Bucky. Are you out there Bucky?

As far as this year goes. The Stoffo unders are 4-7, -3.7 units. The Stoffo sides are 26-28, +3.8 units
    edited May 2012
    today:

SF/AZ u8 +104
    edited May 2012
    today:

Det/Oak u6.5 -105
    LAA/TX u8.5 -107
    edited May 2012
    I know the Thanks button is there and I usually use it but I wanted to type it this time and say Thanks.
    edited May 2012
    today:

Chi/StL u7.5 -103
    TB/Tor u8 -121
    edited May 2012
    today:

NYY/Bal u8.5 -107.

Is anyone still betting these? I've cut back to a small fraction of a unit. They really are doing poorly.
  • buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    I am...hoping it will turn around...betting a half a unit.
  • MastermindMastermind Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    Playing selectively. 2-2 so far. Please keep posting.
    edited May 2012
    today:

NYY/Bal u8.5 -107.

Is anyone still betting these? I've cut back to a small fraction of a unit. They really are doing poorly.

I agree with Mastermind playing selectively. Last one I played was the Verlander game at Oakland I wasn't betting any Texas Under I didn't care who was pitching. I'm also going to pass on tonight's CC/Chen match-up Yankees playing good baseball and they're scoring and Balt can flat out hit
    Some of the numbers I see say Under but I would have to see a 9 -110 before I pull the trigger. Rhino Thanks and of course if you have the time keep posting them.
  • themartythemarty Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    Keep posting. Some really tough losses so far. I still play them.
    edited May 2012
    Congrats to those that bet the Yanks/Balt Under last night.