Betting Talk

Derby Prep Races

DamageIncDamageInc Senior Member
edited April 2012 in Sports Betting
Next two weekends busy for the road to the roses.

Santa Anita Derby exb/trib #1,2,8

Wood Memorial EXB/TRB #1,3,8

Illinois Derby EXB/TRB #2,4,11

Good luck.

Comments

• hornhorn Super Moderator
    edited April 2012
    I'm gonna try to beat the 1 in the Wood, not a fan of him and tough draw getting the rail.

Disappointed that Holy candy scratched from the SA. Knew it was a possibility but didn't know if they'd go through with it. Thought it was actually a good spot for him with blinkers off of CC and him drawing the rail and him being able to run behind some speed. I took the 8 to hit the board as well. Paynter is sorta interesting but not sure this is the best race to do two turns for the first time.

I took some shots with 1, 3, 7 in Illinois.

GL and thanks for posting
  • DamageIncDamageInc Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    Alpha could be in trouble if squeezed along the rail half to drop back and then.

Santa Anita I actually like the 8 to win nice price. I was looking at Paynter too, but your right never running this distance shyed me away.

Illinois Derby is a crap shoot only horse I have seen run is the #4 Currency Swap at 4-1 and 80% of the winners so far at hawthorne have been < 5-1, like him even more up top.

Thanks and good luck to you too.
  • hornhorn Super Moderator
    edited April 2012
    I'm still gunshy on Currency Swap after I took him against Gemologist in that allowance. Gemologist may just be that good, we shall see.