• Wire2WireWire2Wire Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    Lots of fine DERBY articles in HORSE RACING TALK...w2w
  • DamageIncDamageInc Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    I got to get in there. Thanks Wire
  • The MavenThe Maven Junior Member
    edited April 2012
    Do you mind sharing your strategy for the Fla Derby Tri key? Always easy to use hindsight, and I understand the #6 had limited value in 2nd and 3rd slots, but why not use the #6 in 2nd and the #3 and #6 in 3rd? While slightly more than doubling your bet the coverage would have been significantly deeper, although the #9 running 2nd would have screwed you anyway.

How do the Fla Derby and La Derby outcomes affect your potential Derby strategy? Union Rags had a rough trip in Fla Derby against speed bias and the favored 2nd place finisher in La Derby lost a shoe.
  • DamageIncDamageInc Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    The Maven wrote: »
    Do you mind sharing your strategy for the Fla Derby Tri key? Always easy to use hindsight, and I understand the #6 had limited value in 2nd and 3rd slots, but why not use the #6 in 2nd and the #3 and #6 in 3rd? While slightly more than doubling your bet the coverage would have been significantly deeper, although the #9 running 2nd would have screwed you anyway.

How do the Fla Derby and La Derby outcomes affect your potential Derby strategy? Union Rags had a rough trip in Fla Derby against speed bias and the favored 2nd place finisher in La Derby lost a shoe.

Hey Maven - I figured Union Rags was really going to win the race and if he didn't I figured it was due to a bad trip. Take Charge Indy with Calvin Borel I also liked. Figured News Pending would be flying late. Looking forward to the Wood Memorial and Santa Anita Derby this weekend. For the Derby I will look at all the Prep races. Funny things was I looking at Reverron the #9, but like you said hindsight 20-20. Louisiana Derby I didn't see the race so can't comment on that. Good luck and try to get them this weekend.