Betting Talk

? For guys who bet sb props

ComicBookGuyComicBookGuy Member
edited February 2012 in Sports Betting
About two hours before the game I got a call from a friend who wanted to check some prop lines against a locals. While looking I found "Yes for a safety" +1025 at 5 Dimes and "No Safety" -900 at Bookmaker. I bet the max of $500 each way and had a free bet that netted $625.
I rarely bet prop bets and my thought is that this type of variance had to be an abberation especially with two well established books. When I checked again 5 Dimes dropped to +825 and Bookmaker moved to -1200. Am I correct that this was a fluke and I was just in the right place at the right time.

Comments

• GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited February 2012
    Yeah, it was pretty flukey. Most books have similar lines these days plus someone is apt to notice on the rare occasion a scalp like that exists, so it was likely a right place, right time situation.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    You mean you netted $62.5?

I wouldn't call it that flu-key. There were hundreds of arbs available just on super bowl props in addition to the hundreds daily across all sports.
  • ComicBookGuyComicBookGuy Member
    edited February 2012
    No, $625. The one bet won $5125 and the other lost $4500. I imagined there are some small variances that come up but my question had to do with something this large.
    edited February 2012
    Ah ok, so if there was no safety you would have won $0.

I assumed you just took the arb with a guaranteed $62.5 either way.

This arb was available numerous places. William Hill had +1300 yes, but would only let me bet $98.5
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited February 2012
    I assume he meant highly-rated US-facing post-ups.
    edited February 2012
    Correct,I was going to win $0 or $625. The high limit was what I found surprising. I used to bet political prop bets and the limits kept getting progressively lower.
    edited February 2012
    Goats wrote: »
    I assume he meant highly-rated US-facing post-ups.

Yes Goats you are also correct.
    edited February 2012
    Correct,I was going to win $0 or $625. The high limit was what I found surprising. I used to bet political prop bets and the limits kept getting progressively lower.

Prop limits are very low these days everywhere except for the super bowl.