Betting Talk

Politics: Bet NO on Romney winning the.......

RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
edited January 2012 in Sports Betting
South Carolina Primary. Any plus money is +EV.

Comments

• h82loseh82lose Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    Hey Ron, hope all is well, and happy new year. What outfits are you finding this at?
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    Hi H. Strictly privates now for micro limits. Be on the lookout. You know how these lazy ass bookmakers clone.
  • CashItCashIt Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    He's probably going to crush NH, though. You're not worried that he'll add a few points in SC because of that?
    edited January 2012
    Not at all Cash. You're right, NH is a walk-over. I layed -275 and -310 on him here. SCar is staunch conservative. Moderate Mormons have no chance there.
  • beefcakebeefcake Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    Ron I got santorum at 75-1 to win the Nom...Do I have any chance?I know he is spending like a MF this week with the flush of cash he got after iowa? I hear the tracking is 5-10% right now in NH, should he just concentrate on SC as his make or break?
    edited January 2012
    beefcake wrote: »
    Ron I got santorum at 75-1 to win the Nom...Do I have any chance?I know he is spending like a MF this week with the flush of cash he got after iowa? I hear the tracking is 5-10% right now in NH, should he just concentrate on SC as his make or break?

Nice #75-1!! Yeah sure you do. He actually won Ia. due to a recently found error. Whether they pursue it, dunno. He's gotta show strength by going through the motions in NH and hope he doesnt get embarrassed. He and Gingrich should score nicely in SCar.
    edited January 2012
    Would like to hedge with Romney...but at -500 to stiff a price, as I did not put much on Rick to begin with. Looks like I will wait and see..
    edited January 2012
    I see much cheaper Romney than 5-1. Wait until after SCar.
  • ComicBookGuyComicBookGuy Member
    edited January 2012
    At 75-1 it was certainly worth a shot. My guess is that Santorum's showing in Iowa will have as much validity as Huckabee did in 2008. Can't imagine the GOP nominating someone who has no shot in a potentially winnable election. Santorum was intimately involved in both the Terri Schiavo matter and the Dover,PA school board case where they were trying to pass off religion as science. He would get torched by the Independent voters.
    I agree that the Romney SC bet at plus money is decent. My only concern on the bet is that Perry is staying in the race. If Romney rolls in NH he just might squeak out a victory where Gingrich,Perry and Santorum split the anti Romney votes.
    In any case I'll have to follow this vicariously as all the sites that had good election bets have thrown me out.
    edited January 2012
    Keep me posted for a good hedge so I can get out with scratch guys..
  • Dave MasonDave Mason Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    Lead story on the wire, Romney opens up big lead in S.car. Washington Post this afternoon
    edited January 2012
    Well that sucks..
    edited January 2012
    The plus money horse left the barn. Looking for more NO Romney play at cheap lay.
  • bixlerbixler Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    Ronbets wrote: »
    South Carolina Primary. Any plus money is +EV.

Winna Winna Chicken Dinna
  • sunningdalesunningdale Member
    edited January 2012
    Great call Ty.
    edited January 2012
    G. Great call on south car. Fla. Is down to almost pick em. Any thoughts?
    edited January 2012
    Not many people here GAF about politics, but there are winners and losers with very few bad beats. Dale, I bet Gingrich to win FL @ +20 for a herring. Looking for more at up to even money. Here's what's happening with the biggest BM in Ireland.

"For the Jan. 31 Florida primary, Paddy Power put Romney and Gingrich even, with both paying out 5/6 odds for the win. Ron Paul and Rick Santorum both stand at 66/1 to take Florida."
    edited January 2012
    thanks ronbet.. i use intrade where right now gingrich is 3-2 favorite.i was hoping to bet romney if it went to 2-1, but will hold off now.