Betting Talk

Worst call of all time

BigItaly42BigItaly42 Senior Member
edited January 2012 in Sports Betting
That was a fucking catch. These refs have money on michigan. Horseshit

Comments

• texastech21texastech21 Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    I thought if they were going to over turn it it would be cause he was out of bounds, seemed he had possession to me.. Very strange
  • blueblue Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    Dude, that ball moved when it hit the ground. Am watching it with a Va TEch fan and even he thought it was a bad call on the field. Hell of an effort though.
  • dirty49dirty49 Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    Call on the field was a catch as well. Replay guys in the booth saw it as good. same replays
  • Phil147Phil147 Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    agree. see this in football every week. that ball cant be moved when it touches the ground.
  • BigItaly42BigItaly42 Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    wrong blue. He had possession and his elbow was down. He had already established possession. No indisputable evidence there. Your friend may be a fan, but he is blind like you
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    tough call no doubt italy but certainly not the worst call of all time... sucks that determined the ending though for sure!
  • D300RageD300Rage Banned
    edited January 2012
    The ball never moved
  • blueblue Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    Dude, that ball moved when it hit the ground. Am watching it with a Va TEch fan and even he thought it was a bad call on the field. Hell of an effort though.
  • rob28rob28 Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    You can't overturn that.
  • cabster13cabster13 Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    Beamer needs it stuck up his ass. Piss poor play calling all night including the first two worthless run plays in OT. Losing SOB Beamer you deserve it buddy!
    edited January 2012
    Everyone is biased, but we all know there was no way they can overturn that.
  • dirty49dirty49 Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    Replay has morphed into a power trip. how can that be overturned?
  • UpsilonmanUpsilonman Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    If they call it a catch and he scores 7 and then mich scores 7 everyone who bet the under would be bitching about a bad beat. Its called gambling for a reason...... Did you expect any thing different the way this bowl season has played out. Most all vt bettors probably pushed. No bankroll damage, lets get it tomorrow.
    edited January 2012
    I had +2.5, so no push here
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    i didn't watch anything but the end there and looking at stats and reading posts here it sounds like v tech should've put this thing away long ago and this play would've been null and void. total yards stat is awful ugly for Mich but they came out ahead somehow... crazy bowl season.
  • UpsilonmanUpsilonman Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    That sucks big.....I know how you feel.......rant/vent away......let's get them tomorrow.....better luck to you
  • blueblue Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    Sorry for doublepost, not sure what happened. I dont think there was great evidence to overturn, but I think it was a bad call on the field. Sorry for your loss on the game. But let's be honest here, Beamer and his bad decisions lost that game, not that call or the kicker. Beamer has been a bit overated for years. For the record, being an Irish fan, I hate Michigan.
  • waddywaddy Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    He didn't catch it or land inbounds....but you say the worst call of all time????
    edited January 2012
    Well blue I'm with you there, being a Buckeye. Waddy, you're wrong. We'll leave it at that. You can refer to my response in the "what do you guys think" thread.
    edited January 2012
    Last time I checked, an elbow down means you ARE down inbounds. Learn the game waddy.
  • MustangMustang Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    I have a problem with the conclusive evidence to overturn it in line with what the announcers said. The other thing that bothered me - how is what the Michigan kicker did both in OT and on the fake FG at the end of the first half not a false start - he starts moving towards the line of scrimmage after he comes set - they called it on the Cal kicker last year and it saved Oregon (I think it was last year).
    edited January 2012
    Hell of a point Mustang.
    edited January 2012
    BigItaly42 wrote: »
    Last time I checked, an elbow down means you ARE down inbounds. Learn the game waddy.

By the time he had control he was 5 feet out of bounds.
    NO NEED TO EVEN REVIEW
    ob
    edited January 2012
    This just in..........you can't catch a ball that bounces off the ground
    edited January 2012
    BigItaly42 wrote: »
    Hell of a point Mustang.

Don't let the truth get in the way of your bull**** story, the kicker can do that
  • MustangMustang Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    waddy wrote: »
    Don't let the truth get in the way of your bull**** story, the kicker can do that

I don't think so - you can't have anyone moving toward the line of scrimmage at the snap unless you are playing in the Arena league or they reset for a second - you can youtube the video of the Cal kicker essentially doing the same thing and got called for a false start - I am not going to pretend I am an official but that was my understanding of the rule and the Michigan kicker might have still made the FG - I won my bet on VT 2nd half so the fact in ended like it did was fine with me I was just questioning some of the officiating which seemed to help Michigan out.
    edited January 2012
    This just in...waddy is clueless about the rules of the game.
  • hotbustophotbustop Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    It isn't even worth debating. The call on the field is what you have to go with unless you see irrefutable evidene to the contrary. If the call on the field as an incomplete catch then it should have been that. No way with that evidence you can possible go any other way than to leave it as is.
    edited January 2012
    Why does everyone think it was called incomplete on the field, WADDY. The ruling was a touchdown. Did you even watch the game? Or do you just like arguing?
    edited January 2012
    I watched the game, saw the replay from the reverse angle that clearly showed the ball bouncing off the ground. Did you listen to the official when he gave the reason for the call??
    One again don't let the facts get in the way of your story