Betting Talk

what do u guys think?

acetotenacetoten Senior Member
edited January 2012 in Sports Betting
about the rule where a guy catches a ball but the football touches the ground, I think its bull shit. There have been at least 3 this bowl season that i think are catches, but just because a piece of the ball touches ground its no good. I think two in this game? The catch is going to be made even if the grass isnt there.
just my opinion,

Comments

• dirty49dirty49 Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    This replay rule has morphed into a power struggle
  • Rainman.rckRainman.rck Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    I thought I was going to lose my "4-way last parlay of my gambling career" on the first leg. Hey, I finally got lucky for once after getting raped the entire Bowl Season, so I won't complain about it too much.

For what it's worth, I kinda thought the ball moved though when he hit the ground.
  • BigItaly42BigItaly42 Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    He maintained possession. The call can only be overturned if the ground HELPED him make the catch. He made the catch, and his elbow was down. He held it through the catch. It moved IN HIS ARM. There have been numerous calls explained in the NFL with that exact reasoning this season alone
  • hornsfanhornsfan Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    BigItaly42 wrote: »
    He maintained possession. The call can only be overturned if the ground HELPED him make the catch. He made the catch, and his elbow was down. He held it through the catch. It moved IN HIS ARM. There have been numerous calls explained in the NFL with that exact reasoning this season alone

I think the NFL rule is even stricter and there is no chance that is good in the pros.
  • BigItaly42BigItaly42 Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    I disagree. I can't remember what game it was, but Charles Woodson had an interception a few weeks back where the ball hit the ground, but they determined that the ground didn't give him an advantage in making the catch. Same thing.