Betting Talk

Thoughts on Iowa

Mrtk31Mrtk31 Senior Member
edited December 2011 in Sports Betting
Is 'Sooner Nation' the reason the line hasn't moved downward?
Okies were talked about in terms of BCS, now playing on Friday?

Go Hawkeyes! Keep it close!

Comments

• BiggTBiggT Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    I have Iowa +13.5 on #10 in the contest if that tells you how much I like them

vgl Bigg
  • waddywaddy Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    Went to school at Iowa, live in AZ and will be at the game....BUT will be shocked if we can keep it close.
    Iowa struggles against teams that run an offense that isn't from the 1980's. i.e. the spread.
    The running back listed #2 last game has 3 carries on the season!!
    Maybe without a ground game Vandenberg will be able to use his cannon for an arm and throw the ball over the field.

The last time they played a team in a bowl who started the season ranked #1 was LSU, we were 21pt dogs and were without our 4yr starting rb.......and won the game
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    Does okie get up for this game? Still trying to figure it out
  • okoilmanokoilman Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    Coops wrote: »
    Does okie get up for this game? Still trying to figure it out

There has been so much criticism of the program the last month, I say yes. Landry Jones may go pro and needs a big effort tonight.
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    That was my gut also... Then I read that Iowa has only by 14+ once in the past 4 seasons...
    edited December 2011
    Coops wrote: »
    That was my gut also... Then I read that Iowa has only by 14+ once in the past 4 seasons...

Be interesting to see if that angle holds. I am embarrassed to say I took Iowa (can't stand to cheer for little brother ou) with my local here in Oklahoma at 14. It's a crap shoot either way... I just don't normally bet this much on a single roll.
  • dirty49dirty49 Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    The problem here is the Hawkeyes dont have anywhere near the horses they have had in the recent past, injuries or not. Although Daniels is playing like its for his scholly tonight. Go Hawks!
  • Chisox6Chisox6 Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    The 4th and 1 from the 5 really turned the game too....looked like a blown offside call by the refs as well with the late man running on...they score a TD there and it's looking like a 2nd half tossup.
  • SwishSwish Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    Will take Iowa and the 7 points for the 2nd half!
    edited December 2011
    Ferentz is the most overpaid coach in college football... You can throw on ou if you try.
  • Chisox6Chisox6 Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    Ugh...Washington and miss st hurt...Iowa was just brutal...I quit
  • dirty49dirty49 Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    Bad beat for sure.