Betting Talk

Fantasy WR - who to choose?

newcombenewcombe Senior Member
edited December 2011 in Sports Betting
I need to fill my 3rd WR spot and was looking at either Bolding or Mike Williams (TB). Bolding seems like a great matchup but hasn't done much at all lately and MIke Williams has so...

my other 2 guys are calvin johnson and v cruz.

thanks in advance fellas!

Comments

• newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    also, I have to start either hasselback or sanchez which sucks but I have to with all of the injuries I have had at QB. Is dirty Sanchez worth a start this week at home vs the Chiefs? he has been solid at home and hasselback has been otrocious as of late... thanks again!
    edited December 2011
    newcombe wrote: »
    I need to fill my 3rd WR spot and was looking at either Bolding or Mike Williams (TB). Bolding seems like a great matchup but hasn't done much at all lately and MIke Williams has so...

my other 2 guys are calvin johnson and v cruz.

thanks in advance fellas!

i supposed i have maclin (still hurting) and lance moore too.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited December 2011
    WR

You have a similar decision to the one I posted about last night (choosing two of Boldin/Colston/Antonio Brown). Fortunately I used Brown last night or else I'd be puking right now.

I posted the same exact same feelings about Boldin. Good matchup, but it should be a blowout and Baltimore could easily wind up running the ball a ton. Also, as you said, he hasn't done much lately. Williams, however, has finally decided to show up after 10 weeks and even put up numbers with Freeman out last week. His matchup isn't too shabby either. SD threw all over JAX last week (ran all over them too of course). My projections rank Boldin higher, but my gut says it's a coinflip. Sorry I don't more of an opinion.

QB

Hasselbeck has had some terrible games lately and CJ is finally putting up numbers, but Tenn should be throwing vs. NOR a decent amount. Sanchez has had fewer clunkers, but he's hard to trust and the Jets could wind up running a ton if they get up big. No strong opinion there either, sorry.

Best of luck with whatever you decide.
    edited December 2011
    thanks goats and my thoughts exactly on everything you said. just a tough call all around for both positions. what I really need is to be able to lean on Calvin Johnson this week bigtime. He is very much due!

i have had AP and now forte go down too so I am treading water at this point and really hope that AP plays this week.
    edited December 2011
    I just saw your post about Maclin and Moore. I wouldn't trust Moore, even with his recent TD's, too many targets in NOR. And with Maclin coming off injury (as well as Vick), probably not the time to risk using him either.
    edited December 2011
    i have had AP and now forte go down too so I am treading water at this point and really hope that AP plays this week.

I had Forte go down on my team as well, along with half my other RB's. Stay tuned for my Flex post tomorrow or Sunday. It's brutal.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited December 2011
    Newcombe - Hope you don't mind me piggybacking on your fantasy thread (I just didn't feel like creating a new one)...

Playoff game this weekend in a league where I was rolling with Forte, and need to replace him. Luckily, I'm deep at RB, but it makes it a tough call for me. 6 points for TDs, 1 point for every 20 Rushing+Receiving. No PPR or bonuses.

I have to pick one of McGahee, Sproles, or Tolbert.

Thoughts?
    edited December 2011
    TommyL wrote: »
    Newcombe - Hope you don't mind me piggybacking on your fantasy thread (I just didn't feel like creating a new one)...

Playoff game this weekend in a league where I was rolling with Forte, and need to replace him. Luckily, I'm deep at RB, but it makes it a tough call for me. 6 points for TDs, 1 point for every 20 Rushing+Receiving. No PPR or bonuses.

Thoughts?

tough call. all of equalish value as a player except maybe tolbert due to less carries so it really comes down to matchup. will mcgahee get it done vs the bears? not sure... sproles is a guy that can blow up at any time and how good is the titans d? Will Tolbert get his goal line td that you need? tough calls...
    edited December 2011
    TommyL wrote: »

Thoughts?

Tough call. Not Tolbert for starters. I probably would have said McGahee, but he's banged up and Ingram has turf toe for NOR which may make Sproles slightly more valuable. It will still probably be a close call for me, but I'd need to wait until Sunday for the latest injury reports.
  • CashItCashIt Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    I'd actually roll w/ Tolbert. 20 is a high number, so that leaves Sproles out for me. Bills worst red zone defense in the league, which is where Toll does his damage. What you need is 2 TD's and Tolbert could get them
    edited December 2011
    Goats,

i have Matt Moore too for a qb vs eagles? thoughts on him over the others I mentioned?
    edited December 2011
    Goats,

i have Matt Moore too for a qb vs eagles? thoughts on him over the others I mentioned?

Very slight lean to Moore over the others, but think they're all very close.
    edited December 2011
    anyone else have anymore thoughts on who to start at QB:

Matt Moore, Hasselback or Dirty Sanchez? I know it isn't the prettiest list but have no choice :)...
  • romansaysromansays Junior Member
    edited December 2011
    Newcombe - TB Mike Williams and Hasselback. Tom - sproles (Ingram is out)
    edited December 2011
    thanks roman. I can't seem to take boldin out of the lineup but we'll see. i am going to be hitting lineup submit changes with like 10 seconds left :).
  • BIGtimerDCBIGtimerDC Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    Maclin is active today. I think he plays a big role in a Eagle blowout today. I would roll with him and Hasselback as the Saints have their Pass D problems. I think 30th in the league against the pass, and nicked up... Good Luck.
    edited December 2011
    well went with hasselback and what do you know, he goes down with injury. injury bug has killed me in the last 5 weeks and being the highest scoring team in my league by far i will be exiting the playoffs in round 1 it appears. 1 point our of hasselback :)...

my other options of moore, sanchez and freeman will all do mucho better...
    edited December 2011
    jesus sanchez. could've, should've, would've is everyting in fantasy.