Betting Talk

BAMA/LSU Rematch Line

NDFan221NDFan221 Senior Member
edited November 2011 in Sports Betting
This is going to be the national title matchup. What would line be for the re-match?

Comments

• BigfistBigfist Member
    edited November 2011
    And there is no chance Auburn beats Alabama? None? After what we have witnessed this past weekend, I would be in a wait and see mode.
  • NDFan221NDFan221 Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    Ok man, you got me. Point of the post was to get opinions on what the line would be between Bama and LSU for the title?
  • atreat600atreat600 Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    Well, it would basically be a home game for lsu. Plus winning the first matchup...I dunno LSU -5 or so seem fair?
  • wcf1214wcf1214 Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    no more than lsu 3 and 38
  • hornhorn Super Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Pick or LSU -1. Don't think any HFA would be given and the two are equals right now according to consensus power ratings.
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    In the last game Alabama was -5 at home. This game (if it happens) will be in New Orleans which is not exactly a neutral site. Should open at Pick or maybe Bama -1.
  • deadpaintdeadpaint Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    Has anyone been watching Arkansas play the last six weeks? They are much more talented offensively than people are giving them credit for and I am praying for Arkansas to beat LSU. If that happens, Alabama will play Georgia in the SEC Championship game, and if they win, they will play Arkansas in the BCS Championship game and LSU will play some Big 10 also-ran on New Year's Day. I think Arkansas has a reasonable chance to stay close against LSU
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    Question of the week...how does Arkansas react after one of their players was found dead yesterday morning?
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    horn wrote: »
    Pick or LSU -1. Don't think any HFA would be given and the two are equals right now according to consensus power ratings.

screw power ratings, LSU went INTO bama and manhandled them....LSU -3 is the line
  • Chisox6Chisox6 Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    I don't think the power ratings have changed much for these teams in Vegas/with line setters...therefore I actually think it will be Bama by 1 (unless they give points for HFA, then maybe pk or LSU -1)
  • bkeillerbkeiller Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    deadpaint wrote: »
    Has anyone been watching Arkansas play the last six weeks? They are much more talented offensively than people are giving them credit for and I am praying for Arkansas to beat LSU. If that happens, Alabama will play Georgia in the SEC Championship game, and if they win, they will play Arkansas in the BCS Championship game and LSU will play some Big 10 also-ran on New Year's Day. I think Arkansas has a reasonable chance to stay close against LSU

I believe there is still a chance that LSU could lose and still win the West. The tie breaker is basically the top rated BCS team.
    edited November 2011
    lumpy19 wrote: »
    screw power ratings, LSU went INTO bama and manhandled them....LSU -3 is the line

One can hope...
  • billymacbillymac Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    I'm with you horn :)
    edited November 2011
    This is not true. If LSU loses to Arkansas they will only drop to no. 2 in the BCS. LSU has basically locked up a spot in the BCS title game.
    edited November 2011
    deadpaint wrote: »

This is not true. If LSU loses to Arkansas they will only drop to no. 2 in the BCS. LSU has basically locked up a spot in the BCS title game.
  • deadpaintdeadpaint Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    Boy that would be awful if LSU loses at home to Arkansas, and Arkansas, who lost at Alabama in September, wouldn't get a shot at the championship. Most likely this argument is mute, but boy if this scenario doesn't spur some sort of change in process, I don't know what will.
  • bkeillerbkeiller Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    NDFan221 wrote: »

I believe this is likely but I dont know that it is absolute. If Ark was to destroy LSU then they may drop enough that they would not qualify to stay in the mix.
  • InsiderInsider Senior Member
    edited November 2011

manhandled them ? LSU won in overtime and Alabama missed 3 Field goals.
    edited November 2011
    4 FG and picked off at the one. (vomit)
  • RammerJammerRammerJammer Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    Manhandled? Did we watch the same Bama/LSU game? You could describe manhandled for Bamas win over Arkansas though. Petrino pulled QB Wilson with 12 minutes left in the 4th quarter out of fear that he may lose him for the rest of the season bc of the ass whipping Bamas D was giving him!
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited November 2011

How much would you like at that price?
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    kdog wrote: »
    How much would you like at that price?

Everybody calm down, I was having a little fun with the Alabama fans, LSU didn't manhandle them Bama just choked at home
  • HavanaHavana Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    Having "a little fun" I am certain that there may be other ways for BT members to experience fun.
  • InsiderInsider Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    Alabama -1
  • Chisox6Chisox6 Senior Member
    edited November 2011