Betting Talk

Its living up to the hype....

CoopsCoops Senior Member
edited December 2011 in Sports Betting
6-6 going into OT.... Wow

What did we need to happen for these 2 to meet again in championship?

Comments

• buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    the one kicker who hops to kick the ball has the worts kicks i have ever seen.....how do u miss 3 field goals in a game????
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited November 2011
    Coops wrote: »
    6-6 going into OT.... Wow

What did we need to happen for these 2 to meet again in championship?

No thanks. The SEC bitched when talk of a Michigan and Ohio St rematch after the road team in that case lost by 3 in a great game. Home team lost this one. Sorry, bye bye Alabama, thanks for coming.
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    StevieY wrote: »
    No thanks. The SEC bitched when talk of a Michigan and Ohio St rematch after the road team in that case lost by 3 in a great game. Home team lost this one. Sorry, bye bye Alabama, thanks for coming.

LSU vs Stanford? No thanks
    LSU vs Boise? No thanks
    LSU vs Okl St? No thanks

LSU will beat any of those teams by 21+.
    edited November 2011
    LSU vs Boise? No thanks
    LSU vs Okl St? No thanks

SEC should have thought about this 5 years ago. They said Michigan had their chance, albeit on the road. Bama lost at home, thanks for coming. They had their chance.

Not fair to LSU. they already beat them at Bama. Why do they need to beat them at a neutral site?
    edited November 2011
    SEC should have thought about this 5 years ago. They said Michigan had their chance, albeit on the road. Bama lost at home, thanks for coming. They had their chance.

Not fair to LSU. they already beat them at Bama. Why do they need to beat them at a neutral site?

Because I want to see a rematch, and I only care about myself.
  • StackAttackStackAttack Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    There is a lot of ball left to play. Odds are there is no rematch...and odds are there shouldnt be one when all is said and done.
  • cabster13cabster13 Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    no rematch of this boring matchup. saban was outcoached and he has no QB, no kicker, and no coaching ability
    edited November 2011
    cabster13 wrote: »
    no rematch of this boring matchup. saban was outcoached and he has no QB, no kicker, and no coaching ability

I agree he was outcoached and his QB was scared shitless.

Lots of season left but it is kind of funny that preseason everyone was just ready for Alabama and Oklahoma to play in the title game, they both lose at home, and could wind up setting up a matchup with teams from the same conference as they are.
  • mlbomlbo Junior Member
    edited November 2011
    Stanford/LSU will be a fun national championship.

Definitely no repeat. Bama won't make the SEC championship game, and definitely not the ship.
    edited November 2011
    On another note. Anyone watching the Hawaii game? Is the Cookie Monster doing the play by play?
  • hardrockhardrock Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    no rematch if lsu runs table and oak beats oak st its prob lsu and stanford. wouldn't mind seeing that play out; or bosie st but think stan beats them out.

saban def bad coaching tonight...
    edited November 2011
    hardrock wrote: »
    no rematch if lsu runs table and oak beats oak st its prob lsu and stanford. wouldn't mind seeing that play out; or bosie st but think stan beats them out.

saban def bad coaching tonight...

And if Oregon beats Stanford?
    edited November 2011
    LSU vs Boise? No thanks
    LSU vs Okl St? No thanks

I admit LSU Okie State does not grab me. But I dont get why no thanks to Stanford / Boise.
    edited November 2011
    I admit LSU Okie State does not grab me. But I dont get why no thanks to Stanford / Boise.

Boise is having a rough time with UNLV as I type, don't want to see them play for BCS, Stanford would be interesting, but only because it would be funny as shit if LSU managed to injure Luck and fck up the whole draft...
  • kass101kass101 Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    I agree he was outcoached and his QB was scared shitless.

Lots of season left but it is kind of funny that preseason everyone was just ready for Alabama and Oklahoma to play in the title game, they both lose at home, and could wind up setting up a matchup with teams from the same conference as they are.

and the 2 bums LSU has at QB? The SEC is one thing and that is athletes and that is why defense always trumps offense in that league because you dont need as much coaching on defense if you have top athletes as you do on offense. Give me Chris Peterson with time to prepare and he beats both those teams because his kids will watch film and do what they are supposed to do. You give one of those teams a decent QB and they are totally different but its funny, how good has LSU football been and they cant recruit or develop a decent QB. Look at LSU's QB's since 2000 and they are all fucking terrible.
  • hardrockhardrock Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    And if Oregon beats Stanford?

forgot stanford has to play oregon yet but if they lose and boise wins out they deserve to play...bama had their shot
    edited November 2011
    Boise is having a rough time with UNLV as I type, don't want to see them play for BCS, Stanford would be interesting, but only because it would be funny as shit if LSU managed to injure Luck and fck up the whole draft...

Im not Mr. Boise by any means...but they do show up in bowl games. It may not be the "best" game out there...but itd be entertaining.
  • increasedoddincreasedodd Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    As much as I'd like to see Stanford play LSU (there is something about skipping being the #1 pick to stay in school especially when your coach is leaving), LSU and Bama are the best two teams in the US and Bama is the best one. If they played again in Bama the line would be -250 instead of -200. Not often you miss 4 field goals.

Also, Im still not sure that pick was a pick and not a catch and I hate both Bama and LSU

In any case, Boise has no case to play in the title game. The marginally beat Georgia who will end up about 500 in the SEC and they are struggling with UNLV. LSU or Bama would be favored by 10 or more vs Boise.
  • BigfistBigfist Member
    edited November 2011
    As much as I'd like to see Stanford play LSU (there is something about skipping being the #1 pick to stay in school especially when your coach is leaving), LSU and Bama are the best two teams in the US and Bama is the best one. If they played again in Bama the line would be -250 instead of -200. Not often you miss 4 field goals.

Also, Im still not sure that pick was a pick and not a catch and I hate both Bama and LSU

In any case, Boise has no case to play in the title game. The marginally beat Georgia who will end up about 500 in the SEC and they are struggling with UNLV. LSU or Bama would be favored by 10 or more vs Boise.

Huh?? Bama is the best team in the country, even though they lost at home? Why even play the games, then, if the results mean nothing? Just crown Bama as the national champ and be done with it. Next I will hear that the Phillies were the best team in baseball, although they lost a matchup with the Cards.
  • increasedoddincreasedodd Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    On a neutral field, who would be favored over Bama. That's all Im saying. Im not saying they deserved to be ranked #1, but they are the best team.
  • steortex2steortex2 Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    I would rather watch two FISH fuck then to have to watch another one of those over hyped boring ASS SEC GAMES
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    oki state's offense will be fun as hell to watch against LSU... much more fun than the defensive battle of the game last night IMO. not sure why you guys are all counting them out? I for one hope to God that bama doesn't get another chance.
  • milfhuntermilfhunter Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    what happens if and when stanford loses to oregon and okst gets beat by the sooners?
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    milfhunter wrote: »
    what happens if and when stanford loses to oregon and okst gets beat by the sooners?

IMO, neither will happen.
  • BigfistBigfist Member
    edited November 2011

That would put a lot of one loss teams back into the picture, as well as Boise St. Hard to really say what would happen. I would think Boise would get the nod, but who knows?
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited November 2011

My money will be on OU vs OSU and Oregon vs Stanford

I would love to see an OU vs ALA game!!!
  • HowardBealHowardBeal Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    You just better worry about another embarrassing Stoops Fiesta Bowl loss......Cincinnati perhaps?
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    HowardBeal wrote: »
    You just better worry about another embarrassing Stoops Fiesta Bowl loss......Cincinnati perhaps?

Cruel statement Howie; even after I bet on your Baylor Bears!!! Hope you are well and that your sanity returns very soon - Did I understand correctly? You made money in fantasy football? Never played before

BEST
  • fishboomfishboom Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    LSU beats Bama. If these two happen to meet again, and Bama wins, who is the National champ ? I know, Bama won the championship game, but LSU beat Bama in T-Town. What if LSU has a bad day and Razorbacks play over their heads. Then u have three 1 loss teams in the SEC West. Who plays in the SEC championship. LSU beating Bama and the insuing argument for their rematch hurts the BCS and screams for a Playoff system or a +1 even more than 3 unbeaten teams at the end of the season.
  • HowardBealHowardBeal Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    Perhaps the Sooners will get a chance at the best team in Texas.......a loss to the Cougs would be devestating............