Betting Talk

Just curious, do you care if the NBA plays this year?

BiggTBiggT Senior Member
edited October 2011 in Sports Betting
I don't give a rats ass about the NBA. Strike on

Comments

• illiniillini Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    Honestly nope, I'm more upset the Thrashers left Atlanta. Really enjoyed a Friday or Saturday night at Philips Arena.
  • atreat600atreat600 Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    I almost had a panic attack without NFL, but couldnt care less about NBA
  • MikeRASMikeRAS Senior Handicapper
    edited October 2011
    If the NBA strike helps the CBB market at all then hope they never come back.
  • thecaptain12thecaptain12 Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    atreat600 wrote: »
    I almost had a panic attack without NFL, but couldnt care less about NBA

This is exactly what I was going to say..
  • Wire2WireWire2Wire Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    I would watch NBA games if they only televised the last 2 minutes of the 4th quarter.w2w
  • CoolsCools Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    I guess I'm in the minority but I love watching and capping the NBA. Third-favorite sport overall but my second-favorite sport to bet on.

That said, I do think shortening the NBA season to 60+ games would be ideal. As long as we're back for the Christmas games this year I'll be happy.

And I would venture to guess that no NBA would increase the total number of CBB players but would hurt the guys trying to beat soft lines. With no NBA, more time will be invested by oddsmakers and lines will be tighter.
  • AceofSpadesAceofSpades Member
    edited October 2011
    Wow, I love the NBA, my favorite sport to both watch and bet on. Your not the only one Cools.
  • dtrain11dtrain11 Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    I'm looking forward to all the time I will save not having to watch a foul every 24 seconds.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    illini wrote: »
    Honestly nope, I'm more upset the Thrashers left Atlanta. Really enjoyed a Friday or Saturday night at Philips Arena.

I'm sure plenty of good seats were available.

Yes, I'm sure they'll be back by Christmas. Atleast I bet(prop) they would.
  • utixutix Banned
    edited October 2011
    I hope they cancel the season until Christmas every year. Can't give away tickets in November and December
  • NDFan221NDFan221 Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    The people who rip the NBA are the people that don't watch it or don't understand basketball. The difference of level of play between NBA and NCAAB last year has never been greater.
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    We all know that Okie loves the NBA!!!

Handicapping as well!!!

BEST
  • firstclassfirstclass Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    maybe the can just get rid of the nba
  • BayOceanBayOcean Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    Hope they don't come back- They are certainly not the best role models being presented to young people.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited October 2011
    MikeRAS wrote: »
    If the NBA strike helps the CBB market at all then hope they never come back.

Do you have any concerns that it could hurt the CBB market, since it gives the books and other handicappers one less thing to focus on (thus freeing up more time for NCAAB)?

If it means more totals and/or lines on the typically "non-lined" conferences, then it certainly opens up more opportunities. But otherwise, am I missing another way that it could help the CBB market?
  • increasedoddincreasedodd Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    I hope the NBA never comes back. It'll help the college market and that way Lebron never wins.
  • LatchdogLatchdog Member
    edited October 2011
    Just goes to show how really unimportant the NBA is. No fan outrage, media is just covering what they have too.
  • NDFan221NDFan221 Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    BayOcean wrote: »
    Hope they don't come back- They are certainly not the best role models being presented to young people.

I disagree
  • nedpnedp Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    No.... don't care...The economic impact to the periphials(citys,workers,....) that is the issue....

It will help college BB get it's due....

but as everyone knows....

Nedp don't know Chit....

from Nashville, The MUSIC city....Razorbacks and Commodores today at 1121 afukinM in the mornin....

I HATE early staRts....

cya
  • jackson21jackson21 Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    No, I don't care.
  • spareshooterspareshooter Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    I don't care. Don't bet NBA, as it is almost as bad as Pro Wrestling, over paid premadonnas. College hoops is where it is
  • Rainman.rckRainman.rck Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    I love the NBA, but I hope the entire season is cancelled to teach all those idiots running things a lesson.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    Miss betting NBA total's which by the way is 90% of my bets in the NBA. Also coming off a very good year playing Total's. So to answer your question Yes I miss the NBA but past results doesn't guaranteed future results. But again I really miss getting home from work at 7pm and not really having any sports to watch.

Have to ask Bay do you really care that they're not role models? I'm of the opinion (Like Mr. Barkley) that parents should be your role models
  • EuroSportsEuroSports Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    I hate the greed, esp in this economic environment. I have multiple friends who are victims of layoffs working PT service jobs, effectively wasting their
    education, just to take whatever they can get. I know they are far from alone, as you see it on the news (1 in 6 families living in poverty, all time high, etc).

With all that kind of news, and these greedy F'ers, I hope they don't collect a dime this year.