Betting Talk

Sun Belt Football Week 8............

SunBelterSunBelter Senior Member
edited October 2011 in Sports Betting
Tuesday Night:

Ark St -3 -1.13 2 Units

Huge ESPN 2 game tomm night in Jonesboro, with conference title and bowl implications on the line. La-Laf's amazing start has taken away seom of the focus from these two teams, who are both also off to very nice starts. ASU has opened Sun Belt play with back to back road wins. The first time they have won back to back road games since 2006, and only the 2nd time since moving to FCS back in the early 90's. The team has taken on the positive attitude of its new head coach, Hugh Freeze, and no longer sits back and waits for something bad to happen in the 4th quarter, as so many of their close conference losses under Steve Roberts occured. Both teams have a glaring weakness in the secondary, however ASU has shown the ability to come up with big plays when needed, and have 8 Int's, compared to only 2 by FIU. I believe the front 7 of ASU is strong enough to contain the running attack of the Panthers, freeing up extra coverage to be played on FIU's do everything star WR, T.Y Hilton. He is almost impossible to stop, and will make his share of plays Im sure, but ASU is much deeper at WR, and FIU will not be able to focus on just one guy. Look for big time talent, ASU WR Josh Jarboe, to shine knowing a national TV audience is watching. The weather forecast could play a big role also. There is rain forecast all day, up through about an hour past kickoff, and temp's are going to drop into the low 50's by the start of the game. Cant imagine the FIU guys will enjoy those types of conditions.

Comments

• originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    Great Read
  • SunBelterSunBelter Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    Adding:

ASU -1.5 1st Half .5 Unit

Hoping the boys from Florida need a little extra time adjusting to the colder weather tonight.
  • chyllhousechyllhouse Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    What's your record sunbelter if u don't mind me.asking
    edited October 2011
    chyllhouse wrote: »
    What's your record sunbelter if u don't mind me.asking

I havent gone back and updated for the yr in a while chyll, sorry. I put every weeks opinions in one thread, so its pretty easy to go back and look at it week to week.
  • nedpnedp Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    Are You going to the Game, or You still fixing the new house???
    You ought to go up to Paragould, have a cold one, then relive life as a Freshman again at the Game...
    ...Hell ... we're still doing that over here...LOL...

I'm goin down to Oxford fri nite since it's a Fukin 1121 start(Bitches), so guess it'll be a ZingZang with the BrkfstBurritos...

...Or the HamAndNuttsSpecial....LOL...

dress warm for the game....

thx for your write up and keep Crying for those Memmmphisss Tigers...LMAO...

cya
  • ggm1976ggm1976 Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    Sunbelter no need to explain your record, u r one of the best handicappers I have seen on here. Nedp - please post in English......
  • stucrossstucross Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    hey belt lets go redwolves tonight minus the easy three tonight and play the cards in baseball tomorrow gl to everybody own the board tonight. Ned p say hello to houston nutt for me thnks.
  • nedpnedp Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    Stu... No Problem... there's a large group of Benton folks going down, and Houston USUALLY gets by early if it's a night game...but with the
    early start, I doubt it.... I might see Danny Nutt though....since he's in Ops now, he usually mingles...
  • nedpnedp Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    Sorry Replying in your thread Belt... I'll be watchin on the Dish down here in Red River Parish.....down 4890 with Issues....

but No Bad Days.... and GO RED WOLVES....
  • chyllhousechyllhouse Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    It's all goody! Mets cash this tonite
    edited October 2011
    nedp wrote: »
    Are You going to the Game, or You still fixing the new house???
    You ought to go up to Paragould, have a cold one, then relive life as a Freshman again at the Game...
    ...Hell ... we're still doing that over here...LOL...

I'm goin down to Oxford fri nite since it's a Fukin 1121 start(Bitches), so guess it'll be a ZingZang with the BrkfstBurritos...

...Or the HamAndNuttsSpecial....LOL...

dress warm for the game....

thx for your write up and keep Crying for those Memmmphisss Tigers...LMAO...

cya

Well definatly be there and yelling Ned, never miss a home game. Weather sucks for attendance, but hopefully good for ASU on the field. I would hate for Hilton's hands to get cold, lol. We got all moved in last weekend, now just have to unpack all the crap. Will probably take months, lol. Have a safe trip to Oxrofd this weekend!
    edited October 2011
    Or Oxford even, geez nice spelling.
  • nedpnedp Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    hell...Belt...Your English is as bad as Mine....LOL...No Liberal Arts Education I guess...LOL...Just a BSBA wit A Mba, and now I work till I die...LMFAO....

I'll be lookin for Ya...Peace, Love, and a Piece of New Pie for Nedp....

...That's one Thing I Love about OlPiss...where they RedShirt Miss America's...LOL...I just LOVE to meet Their Mom's....Ha....
  • VegasInsiderVegasInsider Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    Nice writeup SunBelter...thanks for the insight. I don't much anymore, but I do stop by to read your Sun Belt insight for the weekend. Thanks again!
  • hornhorn Super Moderator
    edited October 2011
    Nice one, Sunny!
  • Petey PabloPetey Pablo Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    Great call. Thanks for the info.
  • MustangMustang Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    Nice Call Sunbelter
  • ContrarianContrarian Banned
    edited October 2011
    Consistently one of the very best. Thx for the weekday cash!
  • nyjets1464nyjets1464 Banned
    edited October 2011
    nice hit!
  • madman8596madman8596 Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    Thank you sunbelter was bored and looking for the action and you showed the way!
  • jackson21jackson21 Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    Thanks - just got me back in the black after an up and then down several dayz....
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited October 2011
    Red Wolves!
    edited October 2011
    Just got in from the game, thanks for all the kind words guys. Probably will be a little horse tommorrow from yelling and the cold, but well worth it. You are only as good as your next play, so on to the weekend!
    edited October 2011
    When you recover: Were you surprised about the lack of targets for Jarboe? I like the kid but wasn't sure why he wasn't more involved in the game plan. He's a young kid but his outputs have been really sporadic - didn't know if you had some inside info/opinions.
    edited October 2011
    horn wrote: »
    When you recover: Were you surprised about the lack of targets for Jarboe? I like the kid but wasn't sure why he wasn't more involved in the game plan. He's a young kid but his outputs have been really sporadic - didn't know if you had some inside info/opinions.

He is defintley a WR Diva. all the talent in the world, but doesnt care much for practice. Misses alot of practice time with "injuries", but is always good to go on game day. Aplin has much better chemistry with Frampton and Stockemer, who are also very talented. Jarboe also draws quite a few double teams. from what I hear, it has been a challenge keeping him happy, when he doesnt get alot of targets.

I havent watched the replay, but live, Aplin's run reads tonight were fantastic. The difference in the game.
    edited October 2011
    Thanks, makes sense.. Seems to be a common theme with those WR fellers..

Aplin was excellent. I figured they would throw more with the advantage vs. FIU secondary but they had a nice balance going and as you said, Aplin was awesome. That play to close the 3rd quarter was brilliant, caught FIU napping. I got nostalgic and starting watching some Alex Carrington youtube highlights tonight, lol.
  • stucrossstucross Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    NedP tell Mr.Danny Nut hello for me to o.k. go cards go and go hogs go.
  • DamageIncDamageInc Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    Thanks Sunbelter, that Alpin tricky son of a bitch with the hand offs.
  • beefcakebeefcake Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    Thanks for the winner Sunny. Hope I gave back a bit with some Rugby plays this Wc, keep up the good work!
  • nedpnedp Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    Ha.... Like the way Astate lulled them to sleep in the 1st h, then siced Alpin on them to dominate...

can't wait for that Ragin Cajun matchup...

bout time we had some Excitement in NE Arkansas other than the Wmemphis 3....

Go Hurricanes....

glad you had fun Belt...

will do with Danny Stu... He's an almost Normal Nutt....

or as Normal as an Odd Nutt can Be...LMAO

cya