Betting Talk

Dallas Cowboys

the executerthe executer Senior Member
edited September 2011 in Sports Betting
I've seen a lot of people liking the cowboys and I'm not sure why.

I get to hear alot about the team living here and maybe some don't know but they are starting 3 new offensive linemen, 2 rookies and a second year player. Now one of the rookies hyper extended his knee and is out. 1 of their lineman starting tonight is from Wisconsin and he wasnt even a starter on a college team and now hes supposed to start against this JETS defense and be good? Terrance newman is out! Jenkins hurt his knee and missed quite a bit of time in practice this week. Hes playing but not 100%.
Not to mention Rob Ryan is installing his new system and has had little success in the preseason with it. The players have even said that its going to take a few weeks into the season before they can fully embrace his system. They are going to be bad for a little while longer, and with all these injuries now its not going to be pretty tonight. Jason Garrett's press conferences everyday, has been saying terms like "growing pains, mental mistakes, he HOPES to play good" Wait wait wait- you hope to PLAY GOOD. Shouldnt you know youre going to play good? and then you HOPE TO WIN?

OK Herm...YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME. you dont play to play good and especially HOPE you play good.

just my 2 cents, not saying play the jets but I would stay away from cowboys with so many other better options.

who knows- ill prob be wrong.

Comments

• GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Dunno who "a lot of people" are, but the line opened at 4 and is up to 6 (some 6.5's out there). The market certainly doesn't like Dallas right now.
  • the executerthe executer Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    I'm talking post on this board
  • jesfla72jesfla72 Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    I'm a Cowboy fan and all of your points are very valid. Plus like the Lakers and Yankees and some popular college team the book knows the public has the tendency to go with the popular teams. I would love for the cowboys to win but i can't bet on them with the o-line problems. Atleast sanchez is average and maybe we get some lucky turnovers.
  • BookiefitsBookiefits Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    Good info executer. I am leaning heavily on the Jets today