Betting Talk

what a great trade & deal the Heat

FastEddieFastEddie Senior Member
edited June 2011 in Sports Betting
made in getting King James and that other player, as I said before it takes a team, not individuals to win a championship, I never will like that James kid, I think Air Jordan should call him and make him change his jersey #, he is not worthy to wear 23

Comments

• FastEddieFastEddie Senior Member
    edited June 2011
    just like i said , back in March , LeBron who ? What an idiot Scottie Pippen was , comparing him to Michael Air Jordan ... lol
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited June 2011
    It must have been a pretty good deal if losing in the finals is considered the disaster that many are making it out to be.
  • utixutix Banned
    edited June 2011
    TommyL wrote: »
    It must have been a pretty good deal if losing in the finals is considered the disaster that many are making it out to be.

It was a great deal, because there's 0 chance the Heat are in game 6 of the finals without making the trade.
  • scottydog2kscottydog2k Senior Member
    edited June 2011
    I agree, They were 2 games away from the whole damn thing.. The world makes it seem like they didn't even make the playoffs. Hopefully they don't win it next year only because I want my Lakers to reclaim what is theirs. Every radio station in Cali is just pissing on Lebron and his Chosen 1 tat on his back. I think the media is taking it a lil too far. If they were to win it next year they will say it took them losing once to learn and get over that hump. They should be be a lil better gell'd with another year of playing together. Lets give the Mav's the credit they deserve rather than continue to Bash the hated heat cause they tried to stack the chips.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited June 2011
    the reason so many people are making a big deal about this is the fact that they put this all godly team together and they said they were going to win an ungodly amount of rings and came up short as the favorite. was great to see the underdog win and the overhyped heat fail miserably...
  • utixutix Banned
    edited June 2011
    it was 1 year and they will have many many more chances to win a ring, or 5
  • FastEddieFastEddie Senior Member
    edited June 2011
    Lebron James WILL NEVER win a NBA championship , because it takes a TEAM to win & he is NOT a team player , just like I said back in March ...
  • utixutix Banned
    edited June 2011
    FastEddie wrote: »
    Lebron James WILL NEVER win a NBA championship , because it takes a TEAM to win & he is NOT a team player , just like I said back in March ...

Even money, 10k, book it
    edited June 2011
    utix wrote: »
    Even money, 10k, book it

Without a doubt, I'd even give 2-1 on that bet.
  • lebron23lebron23 Banned
    edited June 2011
    The heat will be in the finals every year!! The east sucks big time!! The bulls, one man show and boozer sucks.lmao The bulls need to get two more good players. Boston washed up, they need to start over. what happened to the magic? that trade was the worst trade ever!! I have hope for my cleveland cavs baby!! If the heat was in the west they will be like a 3 or 4 seed at best!! Boy I hate the heat too, I read in another post they need to get other guys yeah right what money?? they my get kurt thomas..lmao Go cavs!!!!!
  • StackAttackStackAttack Senior Member
    edited June 2011
    sixers>heat
  • utixutix Banned
    edited June 2011
    TommyL wrote: »
    Without a doubt, I'd even give 2-1 on that bet.

I'd be stealing at 2:1
    edited June 2011
    if you are so sure he will win a champtionship then I'm curious which franchise it will be with. he showed he has zero loyalty with the cavs so if the heat continue to fail which seems plausible then does he leave there and go join the knicks to see if he, carmelo and Stoudemire can get a ring? :)
  • Deli314Deli314 Senior Member
    edited June 2011
    sixers>heat

AMEN! Hope they land Ellis, but as the days go on, that rumor looks to be just that... a rumor
  • spankiispankii Senior Member
    edited June 2011
    Everyone is happy the Heat didn't win and l can't say that l didn't cheer myself. Big James moving to the Heat was not an issue, the way that he did it and making such a spectacle of the whole deal. No class, no respect at all, l feel for the people of Cleveland and ownership. Bosh leaving TO, telling lies to the raptor's and fans, his move was long planed. It was collusion and that is just wrong. It looks good on them, they didn't work together as a team and until they do, they will never win the big game. They are just too cocky, making fun of Dirk running a fever, he played his ass off and so did all of the Mav's players and they disserve all the credit.
    edited June 2011
    newcombe wrote: »
    if you are so sure he will win a champtionship then I'm curious which franchise it will be with. he showed he has zero loyalty with the cavs so if the heat continue to fail which seems plausible then does he leave there and go join the knicks to see if he, carmelo and Stoudemire can get a ring? :)

So any player that doesn't play his whole career with one team isn't loyal? I mean really, they lose in the finals, and you're talking about "if the heat continue to fail". Shouldn't every star of every team outside of Dallas be looking for an out right now, if only one team has players that aren't "failures"? I have a feeling that LeBron and the Heat will make out just fine in years to come.
  • footballpixfootballpix Senior Member
    edited June 2011
    From another site:

Today is Lebron James Day at Work!!!!

EVERYBODY GETS TO CHECK OUT 12 MIN. EARLY...LOL
    edited June 2011
    yes, "if they continue to fail" b/c its really simple, if they just GET to the finals and don't WIN the finals then i believe that is failing right - for this team that is? didnt they put this team specifically together to WIN championships and made sure the whole world knew about it with the big announcement in Miami and all the charades on espn? until they WIN 1 then I truly believe and they will too that they are failing and falling short. pretty simple i think...
    edited June 2011
    didnt they put this team specifically together to WIN championships

Isn't that what every single team in every league is doing? For as big of a deal as everyone is making this out to be, you'd like that they missed the playoffs this season.
    edited June 2011
    not every team is doing or did anything as drastic and public as what the heat did. of course teams like the lakers went after gasol and got a hell of a deal on him and you see that carmelo went to the knicks and boozer to the bulls, etc. But are you kidden me that any of these are near what the Heat did? sorry but no comparison. no need to argue, obviously we both differ on the matter.
    edited June 2011
    not every team is doing or did anything as drastic and public as what the heat did. of course teams like the lakers went after gasol and got a hell of a deal on him and you see that carmelo went to the knicks and boozer to the bulls, etc. But are you kidden me that any of these are near what the Heat did? sorry but no comparison. no need to argue, obviously we both differ on the matter.

I see it as every team trying to win, but the Heat taking a different route. They put all their eggs in 3 baskets, and surrounded them with a bunch of role players. Other teams look to put together a more balanced squad or a squad that has a little bit of depth. If I'm a GM, I'd do whatever I thought gave my team the best chance to win. Sure, LeBron's antics with the Decision were a realyl bad idea, and the glorified "pep rally" rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. But at the end of the day, I just see it as the Heat catching way more crap than they deserve. LeBron coughs and he's an a-hole, Stevenson parades around the court putting up 3 fingers or talking trash to the media every day and no one has an issue with it.
    edited June 2011
    well said Tommy and I coudln't agree more with you regarding Stevenson - what a piece of work he is. that guy is the furthest thing from something good in the nba and is even further from what the mavs represent as a team (other then he did play some pretty good defense and shot well at times but that is definitely it). good talking tommy and before you know it you will be studying your college hoops again :)!