Betting Talk

Anyone know why the O/U line in Chicago Cubs is so high

stepbystepstepbystep Senior Member
edited May 2011 in Sports Betting
Wondering if there is anything special about this duo of pitchers that make the line so high. I have it O 13 (-125), U 13 (+105). it's rare for numbers this high to appear, but when they have, I have been burn badly with the UNDER.

Was thinking on going UNDER again but the (-125) over make me wonder what I am missing. Chicago ranks #16 and Houston #22 out of 30 teams in Runs scored.

Only 2 of Rodriguez games have gone over 13. And Lopez, he has just been traded and call for duty but I don't think that makes it for a "13".

Any Help from the Forum?

Thx.

Step

Comments

• stepbystepstepbystep Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    I think minger2123 just gave me a clue. It's windy and the ball can fly... ( same reason I have been burned before..)... but is it still UNDER the play?
  • atreat600atreat600 Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    I have found that the total normally dictates the play at cubbies games. I wont touch an under if the total is 12-14 there.
  • SnakeheadSnakehead Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    definitely has to with the wind direction and speed. And Lopez has given up a lot of gopher balls in his career.
    If the wind is blowing in or calm, then o/u is normal.

Houston Astros at Chicago Cubs, 2:20 p.m.
    Partly cloudy. Winds blowing out to center field at 15-20 m.p.h. Game-time temperature: Around 85.
  • cabster13cabster13 Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    Now 6-6 in the top of the 5th. Hot and wind blowing out. Appreciate your question earlier as it appears an over is in the offing!
  • scottydog2kscottydog2k Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    wow, already at the 13th in the 6th, i almost played that under too. To big of a number,looked fishy so I ran from it.... whew