Betting Talk

First half plays vs full game plays

zkc100zkc100 Member
edited January 2011 in Sports Betting
I have a question?idea for someone that may have the data to run a historical analysis. In the past week or so we've been burnt alot on Ed's totals by the fouling at the end of games and the OT bad luck. Alot of our unders look like they would have been hitting in the first half. In previous season's i have felt like the second half fouling was helping a bunch of our overs. Can someone run any kind of historical analysis of first half lines/scores? If we took all the unders for the first half, to take out that fouling element of chance and OT. But also took all your overs for the game, so we could sometimes catch a break with that stuff. I wonder what the record would look like? Thanks for any comments, but i think this could be a really good idea.

Comments

• utixutix Banned
    edited January 2011
    this year you would have a better record than currently posted, but over the last few years the halves have had very similar results as the full games.

Ed has spoke about this a few times. It can also be another way to get money down on games
  • BomberBomber Member
    edited January 2011
    utix wrote: »
    this year you would have a better record than currently posted, but over the last few years the halves have had very similar results as the full games.

Ed has spoke about this a few times. It can also be another way to get money down on games

the 1st halves have been a little better over the last 3 years but its close..i feel thell stay a little higher very small % ..just getting the best line is more important nomatter which one you bet..if you have a partner id say bet them both..
  • BomberBomber Member
    edited January 2011
    the bottom line is you will win with ed either way
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited January 2011
    When you have a few games that blow up at the end, it makes you think the 1st half play would be better, especially with unders. So far this year, there have been 1060 games go under the 1st half total, 73.6% of them go under the game total. 1024 games have gone over the 1st half total, 72.7% go over the game total.
  • zkc100zkc100 Member
    edited January 2011
    Wow, thanks for those stats Stevie, really makes you think
  • burgerburger Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    Except today...
    48 points in UL Lafayette with 8 minutes left in 1H.
    54 points in UL Lafayette with 3 minutes left in 1H.

Frackin' unreal.
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited January 2011
    I went back and checked the last 5 years to see if those numbers were much different than prior years.

1st half overs, game goes over 72.7% this year, 75.6% last 5 years.
    1st half unders, games goes under 73.6% this year, 74.4% last 5 years.

Surprisingly, the overs falling apart in the 2nd half show more of a difference than the foul fests killing unders in the 2nd half(less than 1% difference).