Betting Talk

I think it is time Edward catches a break....

13»

Comments

• TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited January 2011
    Guys - Enough with the personal attacks. This thread is on the verge of being locked.
  • burgerburger Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    Spots on cows are never shaped right.
  • SnakeheadSnakehead Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    dsgator,
    I think utix CAN be a little on the harsh side, but I actually thought post #50 wasn't bad at all. I think it all depends on how you read/interpret it. People aren't going to sit around for 15 minutes writing & rewording their thoughts (like I tend to do) to make it as politically correct as possible. Just try to interpret what is written in the most positive way possible. Give them the benefit of the doubt that they had good intentions.
    For instance, instead of saying "I assume you're kidding but in case you're not." he could've said "That's gotta be the stupidest thing I've heard since Nixon left office! That was so stupid it makes your mama look stupid for bringing you into this world". (trying to add levity to my boring comments)

Sometimes some people say things that I think would make me very mad, but the grammar is so bad that I just assume that they really didn't mean the way it reads. (wow, that's gotta be bad grammar) So I try to use that thinking on everything I read in forums. Assume they are trying to be funny, or just don't have the time to think of the nicest way to put things. Not everyone is going to throw in a LOL, or {wink, wink} or j/k or a emoticon, either.
  • utixutix Banned
    edited January 2011
    Well put snake. Im probably a little more blunt than most. I don't reread my post before submitting like I should, which is obvious due to my many misspellings (is that even spelled right?).

I didn't think my post was rude either but as you sid, its all in how you take it Ns I think vator might think everyone is out to get him when in most cases we want to inform him
  • dsgatordsgator Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    Utix I'm sorry buddy but i took it as you were making me out to be an idiot and i apologize if you were not doing that. I just see it on this site all the time and people tend to do it with me a lot I think and there is just no need for this hear or in life in general. If someone makes a mistake or thinks the wrong thing lets try to advice them correctly and let that person know they are wrong in a nice manner. There is no need to make someone feel like an idiot, but I feel like this happens on this forum a lot and whenever people get the chance to do it they don't back down. I just hate the negativity and all the negative vibes people give off in this forum. Not everyone but a good amount of people always take shots at eachother and want to make people look bad. Nobody has anything to gain from making someone look bad, and honestly its just a bad habit to get into if its at your job, or with your kids, or with your girlfriend/wife. Lets just put this all behind us and get back to making $$$. We are all here @ bettingtalk to win a lot of $$, have fun, and talk sports! We are not here to make enemies, lose money, and talk trash to people. Now with that being said we have a huge weekend ahead of us and I for one intend to make a lot of cash! Utix I'm sorry about all this buddy and I'm going to give you a big winner tomorrow in hoops to make up for this mess buddy! I want us to cash a ticket together and take a step in the right direction! Let me make you some $$$ and we will go from there buddy!
  • burgerburger Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    Only 4 buddies? I'm a little disappointed in the lack of buddies in that diatribe.
  • dsgatordsgator Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    Ed have you thought about making a run at college football full time? I know you close up shop early because of baskets but I know you go a great edge in football as well and I would be curious if you gave it your full energy and time for a full season in football if you would win a lot more! I think you would buddy and people bet football more than basketball in general so I think the market would be big for you as well. You could do a full season football package and I bet you could make just as much $$ doing that as you would doing baskets all season. Just curious if you might do football all season long??!!
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited January 2011
    Nah, it is not so much about subscription revenue, but how much edge and volume is in each respective market. Early season CBB is by far superior to late season CFB in both regards.
  • BomberBomber Member
    edited January 2011
    RightAngle wrote: »
    Nah, it is not so much about subscription revenue, but how much edge and volume is in each respective market. Early season CBB is by far superior to late season CFB in both regards.

thats one of many reasons RAS is the best .. edward makes up for alot of the snakes in this seedy buisness
  • BomberBomber Member
    edited January 2011
    what i was trying to say before.the books average about 9 extra points for the end of the game and possible overtime..thats something no one can perdict.. its a credit to ras that his 1st halfs are even better..sorry i didnt explain myself clearly.. edward is by far the best in the buisness bar none
  • BomberBomber Member
    edited January 2011
    most of you guys are great.. but some of you try to look for the negative ..especially towards new posters