Betting Talk

heres the old "vegas wasnt built on bad lines " play

catwitnonamecatwitnoname Senior Member
edited January 2011 in Sports Betting
looking at the balt/pitts game . the total is 37, these teams played 2 x so far this yr, and neither total has went over 31,
AND the total on the game when they played in pitts was 34, and that game ended up 31, YET , the line is up to 37, granted the total in the other game played in went off at 38.5, so there is some movement, but balt is 4-4 to the over at home, so they should be alittle higher there, AND THE OTHER MAIN point, is that this is the 3rd time they played each other this yr. and they know each other pretty well, STAT wise it says under, BUT , THE OVER is getting my money, y, BECAUSE vegas wasnt built on bad lines.

Comments

• hardrockhardrock Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    u make sense, but when these 2 play its an all out war....still have to take the under...jmo...gl
  • tschifanotschifano Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    new ot rule could could be a reason ? Chance for 3 scores in ot
  • utixutix Banned
    edited January 2011
    if the number was any lower, they couldn't get even action. 36 is really dead and 35 is too key to go that low. People would start taking the over just out of principle
  • ggm1976ggm1976 Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    Most lines come out of Costa Rica, Vegas lines are a thing of the past
  • WynnBigWynnBig Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    Pittsburgh has scored 23 points in 3 of the last 4 home games against the Ravens. Twice the final score was 23-20. Once it was 23-14. Only the last home game against Baltimore was a Ravens win 17-14. Baltimore has a better & healthier group of receivers. Boldin was brought in for this type of game. If he draws attention from Heap or Mason the middle will open up for Flacco. If Boldin is matched up with Ike Taylor the advantage goes to Baltimore. Polumalu did fully practice today but he has the tweaked ankle and sat out yesterday. The Ravens, IMO, have their best shot in a long time on Saturday but only if Flacco can stay upright. Center, Matt Birk is injured but did practice as well.

Like the Titans/Ravens matchups, Tennessee just could not beat them. Pittsburgh has the same advantage over Baltimore. Big Ben does enough to win.

The glaring advantage is Baltimore's special teams.

The Ravens play with a lot of emotion and the rallying cry for Ed Reed could be a motivating factor.

IMO, the biggest edge may be the veterans that do have the ring. Derrick Mason, for example, is most likely gone after this season(possibly back to Tennessee) and rumors of Todd Heap retiring are out there. Flacco will be around a long time but the clock is ticking on these pro bowlers getting their chances.

--Wynn
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    looking at the balt/pitts game . the total is 37, these teams played 2 x so far this yr, and neither total has went over 31,
    AND the total on the game when they played in pitts was 34, and that game ended up 31, YET , the line is up to 37, granted the total in the other game played in went off at 38.5, so there is some movement, but balt is 4-4 to the over at home, so they should be alittle higher there, AND THE OTHER MAIN point, is that this is the 3rd time they played each other this yr. and they know each other pretty well, STAT wise it says under, BUT , THE OVER is getting my money, y, BECAUSE vegas wasnt built on bad lines.

I really think your over thinking this I'm waiting for a 37.5 but will play under 37 Good Luck
  • hardrockhardrock Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    These 2 teams know each other well and flaco was in a little bit of trouble when kc brought the heat on him last week. We all know what pitt did to flaco last game but whatever you guys decide gl,i don't play totals that much, but i would lean under 37
  • SprintCarsSprintCars Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    I am a diehard Steeler fan and although the stats don't point to the OVER, something tells me both teams will have more success scoring. First, the Steeler offensive line and gameplan has improved over the last quarter of the season. Ben didn't play in the 1st game vs Ravens and he had his nose broke in the 2nd game. I expect him to play much better. If the Steeler O-line can hold up Raven's D-line slightly, I expect him to explose the Ravens secondary. Secondly, Baltimore moved the ball pretty well against the Steelers in both games. They just had trouble in the red zone. Bryant McFadden is questionable which at first look isn't a big loss but when you analyze his backup - William Gay, we could be in trouble.
  • BomberBomber Member
    edited January 2011
    i agree with the over everybody is talking 13- 10 16- 9 and the dog feel a rat with both
  • footballpixfootballpix Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    WynnBig wrote: »
    Pittsburgh has scored 23 points in 3 of the last 4 home games against the Ravens. Twice the final score was 23-20. Once it was 23-14. Only the last home game against Baltimore was a Ravens win 17-14. Baltimore has a better & healthier group of receivers. Boldin was brought in for this type of game. If he draws attention from Heap or Mason the middle will open up for Flacco. If Boldin is matched up with Ike Taylor the advantage goes to Baltimore. Polumalu did fully practice today but he has the tweaked ankle and sat out yesterday. The Ravens, IMO, have their best shot in a long time on Saturday but only if Flacco can stay upright. Center, Matt Birk is injured but did practice as well.

Like the Titans/Ravens matchups, Tennessee just could not beat them. Pittsburgh has the same advantage over Baltimore. Big Ben does enough to win.

The glaring advantage is Baltimore's special teams.

The Ravens play with a lot of emotion and the rallying cry for Ed Reed could be a motivating factor.

IMO, the biggest edge may be the veterans that do have the ring. Derrick Mason, for example, is most likely gone after this season(possibly back to Tennessee) and rumors of Todd Heap retiring are out there. Flacco will be around a long time but the clock is ticking on these pro bowlers getting their chances.

--Wynn

In that 17-14 game, Big Ben was still suspended. Charlie Batch was the QB. The time before that that was low scoring, it was Dennis Dixon at QB for Pitt.
  • WynnBigWynnBig Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    In that 17-14 game, Big Ben was still suspended. Charlie Batch was the QB. The time before that that was low scoring, it was Dennis Dixon at QB for Pitt.

Are you leaning (over) pix?

--Wynn
  • BomberBomber Member
    edited January 2011
    yes pitt and over with pitt scoring alot of points
  • BomberBomber Member
    edited January 2011
    i feel ravens defense is grossly overated. and pitt will score alot of points when least expected
  • rokkett21rokkett21 Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    I have been preaching all year that the Ravens D is vastly overrated and if Harbaugh has a brain in his head he has looked at why the Pats kick the Steelers teeth in every time they play cuz they do not waste their time trying to run so I am with you I love the over in this game
  • GrapeApeGrapeApe Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    Great call Cat.....thanks!
  • BomberBomber Member
    edited January 2011
    lucky with pitt
  • GrapeApeGrapeApe Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    Bomber wrote: »
    lucky with pitt

Somebody is sore.......
  • BomberBomber Member
    edited January 2011
    no i had pitt straight and reversed with the over just thought pitt would win easier..
  • Mrtk31Mrtk31 Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    I hate 'Baltimore' & hope Flacco stays around for 3 or 4 more seasons. Heap is a good ballplayer & I'm glad he might retire.