Betting Talk

Field conditions changed this game

WeegeWeege Senior Member
edited January 2011 in Sports Betting
Can't beleive the field conditions were this bad for this game. Would have liked to see a faster game.

Comments

• tardevil477tardevil477 Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    it is ridiculous that they changed the field from the one for the fiesta bowl. WE saw what oklahoma did on that field. why not wait to change it till the off season?
  • lentellentel Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    it is ridiculous that they changed the field from the one for the fiesta bowl. WE saw what oklahoma did on that field. why not wait to change it till the off season?

I agree why the hurry to change it before the last game. Its like the NFL starting a new overtime rule during the playoffs and not waiting until the start of next season. Dont get it.
  • StackAttackStackAttack Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    The field obv wasnt 100%, however I think the missed opp's by the ducks were what really changed this game. Was a good game in my book. I was on the Ducks, and it was as painful an L as when I had the Viks last yr in the NFCCG...favre throwing across body...
  • BarneyMillerBarneyMiller Member
    edited January 2011

Somebody please educate me. Are you saying the field went from artificial turf to real grass? Or visa versa? I just don't understand your post.
  • footballpixfootballpix Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    First of all, the stadium has two fields and they alternate them. They are built on rollers and actually slide in and out from the stadium to outdoors. They changed the end zones by ripping out the sod and resodded them with fresh grass so they could paint them for this game. Both alternating fields are real grass. No FieldTurf or artificial. The grass seemed slick, but it was the same for both teams and wasn't the reason Auburn won. UO had several chances inside the red zone and didn't take advantage.
  • waddywaddy Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    There is only one field, it rolls out to grow better in the sun, ect here in Arizona.
    They resodded much of it after the Cardinals last game for the Fiesta Bowl and it was pretty slick for that also.
    The type of grass that grows here this time of year holds more moisture than our summer grass which can be made to be fast as hell.