Betting Talk

Why I like auburn

tardevil477tardevil477 Senior Member
edited January 2011 in Sports Betting
I'm not an SEC guy. I like ACC but the thing about the SEC is they always come through. We have seen Alabama, Mississippi st, and LSU all win this bowl season by an average of 30 points. Auburn beat them all. The games Auburn was challenged in they won with defense. Clemson and the Alabama game. Name another team that could come back and win at Alabama after spotting them 24 points at home?
The only time Oregon was challenged this year was against Cal, which they won 15-13. Cal is ranked in the top 20 in total defense. Auburn will get after this team. If u r thinking Oregon will wear this team down in the second half? Consider this. In Auburns last 3 games(Georgia,Alabama,south Carolina) they have outscored them 77-16 in the second half. If auburn gets up early I don't think Oregon will be able to "pass" their way back into the game
Last year Oregon was a 4 point favorite against Ohio state and a similar QB ,terrelle Pryor, and the lost 26-17 against what I consider a better defense in auburn. I'm playing auburn at a pick for 1 unit and under for 1 unit. I also took a 1/2 unit on oregonTT under 36. Good luck to everyone.

Comments

• tardevil477tardevil477 Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    DEFENSE!!!!!!!!! What a stop! Go War Eagle.
    edited January 2011
    It's just hard to bet against the SEC. This Oregon team came the closest to matching the SEC speed but in the end the SEC prevailed. I'm looking forward to having Fairley in Carolina. Go PANTHERS!!
  • lentellentel Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    that last play where Dyer was ruled as not down and got up and ran for another 30 yards was questionable
    edited January 2011
    I think the replay showed he was not down but lets say he was. Auburn has the ball at the Oregon 46 needing to only get 19 yds with 1:56 left to have a chance at Byrums carrer long 52 yd field goal. Oregon nadn't shown it could stop auburns running game. Having said that it could have gone either way but I preferred to have my money on Auburn as stated above for the reasons above. I got lucky i guess
  • sparkyl2sparkyl2 Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    Agreed. There was never a point from the second quarter to the end of the game where I would rather have money on Oregon than Auburn. Oregon's defense came to play but their offense got embarrassed by an SEC defense that wasn't even very good by SEC standards. Obviously there aren't any Nick Fairley's in the Pac 10. 300 rushing yards a game? LMAO.
  • WeegeWeege Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    The bowl game the other night there was a similar play and they ruled the player down because his wrist or forearm hit the ground. Very similar play to different calls.