Betting Talk

refs again... FL game.

newcombenewcombe Senior Member
edited January 2011 in Sports Betting
ok fellas. i have watched all the bowl games and the refs review every damn play normally but their was just an easy call fumble in the FL game and they didn't even both to look for a second but reviewed the FL td run for 5 mins on the previous td? this reviewing system used is horrible in general... FL getting the ball back either way but just needed to clarify how poor the refs are and the review system.

Comments

• Ff99l1Ff99l1 Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    I can't beleave the gators could'nt punch it in. ff
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    pee wee offense they run... very elementary. is meyer calling this garbage? their QB situation is worse than the huskers IMO :) and thats bad.
  • SunBelterSunBelter Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    newcombe wrote: »
    ok fellas. i have watched all the bowl games and the refs review every damn play normally but their was just an easy call fumble in the FL game and they didn't even both to look for a second but reviewed the FL td run for 5 mins on the previous td? this reviewing system used is horrible in general... FL getting the ball back either way but just needed to clarify how poor the refs are and the review system.

The worst call in that game, and the one that turned the game around, was that awful fucking PI call on 3rd and 11 that gave Florida the ball at the 2, on the possession right before that. That was a clean play.
    edited January 2011
    SunBelter wrote: »
    The worst call in that game, and the one that turned the game around, was that awful fucking PI call on 3rd and 11 that gave Florida the ball at the 2, on the possession right before that. That was a clean play.

that was a terrible call! luckily at the time it only led to an FG for penn st.
    edited January 2011
    that was a terrible call! luckily at the time it only led to an FG for penn st.

You lost me newcombe. Im talking about the possesion before the no review fumble, when Florida had a 3rd and 11 inside the Penn St 20, and they called PI on the PSU defender at the 2. It wasnt even close to being a penalty.
    edited January 2011
    You lost me newcombe. Im talking about the possesion before the no review fumble, when Florida had a 3rd and 11 inside the Penn St 20, and they called PI on the PSU defender at the 2. It wasnt even close to being a penalty.

i meant to say led to a fg for FL... my bad belter and I agree that PI was ridiculous. almost as ridiculous as the FL pee wee run offense they use :)...
    edited January 2011
    i meant to say led to a fg for FL... my bad belter and I agree that PI was ridiculous. almost as ridiculous as the FL pee wee run offense they use :)...

It actually led to a TD. Ball was placed on the 2, and they scored 2 plays later.
    edited January 2011
    It actually led to a TD. Ball was placed on the 2, and they scored 2 plays later.

oh my bad... i guess I wasn't paying all that close of attn to the game. just saw that fumble the refs missed bigtime and then didn't review when they review every other play.
  • BIGtimerDCBIGtimerDC Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    AWFUL CALLS BOTH OF THEM.... completely unexusable! I remember there being another play where the announcers were like well they should take a look at this one and the play was not stopped to review it. but then they go and review all sorts of other stupid shit. awful system with no accountability. they need to adopt the nfl system which is not perfect but at least fair.