Betting Talk

this stat is amazing when u think of it

catwitnonamecatwitnoname Senior Member
edited December 2010 in Sports Betting
BOISE ST. is THE ONLY TEAM in football that has scored more points that its opponent has allowed (per game) AND given up less points then its opponents have scored (per game), IN ALLLLL 12 GAMES, let me explain,, each team boise has played has allowed X amount of points per game, BOISE scored more than that team has allowed, and on defense, team x has avg x amount of points, and boise has held them under their avg.. hope all this makes sense, and if it does,, this is truly amazing,,NO MATTER WHO U PLAY, no other team has done that.

Comments

• Cademm23Cademm23 Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    What's amazing is Boise is getting smacked in the mouth by Utah!!
  • MikeNyceMikeNyce Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    Got the money line on Utah. I think the missed opportunity's are going to come back to haunt Utah. To many dropped passes
  • hotbustophotbustop Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    Boise is one of the best if not the best team in the nation. Defense is great this year. Really a shame that there isn't a playoff.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    not this argument again :)... "if not the best team in the nation"... I am not going to start it up but certainly glad they are done playing this season so we can move on to see who is crowned the actual best team in the nation. I do agree 100% though hotbus regarding the playoff system but we may never see it...
  • utixutix Banned
    edited December 2010
    Also the only team that didn't play back to back BCS opponents this year that even remotely think they deserve a chance at a national championship.
  • BigPermBigPerm Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    Right...and they were less impressive vs Utah than TCU was....so

TCU is the best team ever!
  • jackson21jackson21 Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    hotbustop wrote: »
    Boise is one of the best if not the best team in the nation. Defense is great this year. Really a shame that there isn't a playoff.

Agree with you 100% ...in general people can't seperate what the media is telling them to believe from what they see with their own two eyes ....

that is if they even watch these games.....we need playoffs or these arguments will never be answered.
    edited December 2010
    so jackson none of us here on BT watch these games and we are all mesmorized by the media who blind us leading us to the conclusion that boise is not in fact the best team in america?
    edited December 2010
    Not crying and not asking to compare at all. Simply wish there was a playoff that's all. I believe TCU is going to beat Wisconsin because I believe they are better. And I also believe that on Boise would beat TCU this year as they did last year.
    The BCS sucks for sure, but it is worse when 2 loss teams like Arkansas get to play an Ohio State team rather than letting Boise get its shot. They screwed TCU and Boise last year by pitting them against one another. The system is rigged against the underdog.
    Take CBB as an example. Going into the season this year everyone felt the Big-10 was So good... it was considered the BEST conference by far. The Big-East was down and rebuilding this year.
    If CBB was operating like CFB the top 20 would be filled with Big-10 bias based on false assumptions and many teams would be so far behind in the BCS formula that they would get screwed. As it turnes out the Big-10 is not so great and the Big East is looking like the best. Thankfully in CBB it comes out in the end because we get to have a play-off. But if there wasn't a play-off some deserving teams would get screwed.
    Not trying to stir the pot at all. Boise finsihed with 12 wins again, have several NFL prospects on their roster and could stand toe to toe with anyone this year.
    edited December 2010
    agreed - need a playoff system. comparing CBB and college foots doesn't really strenghten the argument much though with regards to the preseason rankings issue as in CBB they play so many games and the rankings change rather quickly as you can see with the Big East owning the top ten; so in CBB there isn't as much bias and thankfully there is a tourney b/c this is the best sporting event out there - march madness.
  • utixutix Banned
    edited December 2010
    Boise finsihed with 12 wins again, have several NFL prospects on their roster and could stand toe to toe with anyone this year.

I don't think anyone disagrees with this statement, the question is, could they stand toe to toe with these teams 8 weeks in a row and still win 12 games a year.

Once again, they didn't play 2 half way decent teams back to back this year. Not good teams, half way decent. Their toughest back to back games were Fresno St and Nevada. Say that out loud and try not to laugh.

You know who UNDEFEATED Auburn's back to back was against, Arkansas/LSU or Bama/South Carolina

Think about this for a second, Arkansas/LSU or Bama/South Carolina compared to Fresno St/Nevada
    edited December 2010
    utix wrote: »
    I don't think anyone disagrees with this statement, the question is, could they stand toe to toe with these teams 8 weeks in a row and still win 12 games a year.

Once again, they didn't play 2 half way decent teams back to back this year. Not good teams, half way decent. Their toughest back to back games were Fresno St and Nevada. Say that out loud and try not to laugh.

You know who UNDEFEATED Auburn's back to back was against, Arkansas/LSU or Bama/South Carolina

Think about this for a second, Arkansas/LSU or Bama/South Carolina compared to Fresno St/Nevada

i couldn't agree more utix and the boise bakers will tell you about the "eye test" in which the eye test can only hold true validity if they are playing the tougher competition IMO so you can gage "with your eyes" how good boise really is....
    edited December 2010
    How good are those 4 teams?
  • utixutix Banned
    edited December 2010
    How good are those 4 teams?

Not as good as Auburn, but better than Fresno St and Nevada
  • vegasconnxnvegasconnxn Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    i think we could see from last night's game that neither of these teams are quality. it looked like i was watching undisciplined high school teams. in fact, playing just decently, my high school class would have beaten utah and played within single digits of boise last night.
    edited December 2010
    dude, boise lost to nevada man. with that loss alone they simplly aren't the best team in the country nor in the top 8 or 9.
    edited December 2010
    Lets just hope TCU beats up Wisconsin and a 2nd team is undefeated so we can get rid of the BCS. Nevada isn' that bad a team. They crushed California who had Oregon essentially beat.
    Losing one game ono the road to a top 20 team doesn't make you garbage. I'm not saying Boise clearly beats these teams every time. But this years team in a one and done platform could win it.
    Undisciplined team? Are you kidding me? They are as well coached as anyone in the country.
  • vegasconnxnvegasconnxn Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    had intercepted - utah 0 boise 1
    fumbles - utah 3 boise 4
    fumbles lost - utah 3 boise 3
    total turnovers- 7
    penalties- utah 10/83 boise 3/29

i don't know what all that means but it sounds pretty bad