Betting Talk

Gunslinger, we'll miss ya'

Mrtk31Mrtk31 Senior Member
edited December 2010 in Sports Betting
HOF waiting for you Sir. Step right this way. How many times has he had his 'bell rung'? Time for him to get Teaching License in Miss. (How hard can that be?) & start coaching. Wish he would have quit last year ...but in character, he couldn't!

Comments

• catwitnonamecatwitnoname Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    i never was and never will be a "BRAT farve " fan. i will give him some credit for 1 thing, and that's the consecutive start record, that does truly say something about him, but also, there are many times during that stretch , where he was better off, not playing. he to me, is an egotistical, selfish, and narrow minded individual, who thinks of nothing but himself. he had no business even attempting to play in that game last night, other than self satisfaction. i hope he is GONE FOREVER,
  • NEJimNEJim Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    i never was and never will be a "BRAT farve " fan. i will give him some credit for 1 thing, and that's the consecutive start record, that does truly say something about him, but also, there are many times during that stretch , where he was better off, not playing. he to me, is an egotistical, selfish, and narrow minded individual, who thinks of nothing but himself. he had no business even attempting to play in that game last night, other than self satisfaction. i hope he is GONE FOREVER,
    I am with you Cat that gunsling cost more playoff games with Ints than winning TDs but you never see those replays on ESPN from the Farve ass kissers over there "Tom Jackson on Farve INT in the playoff game (Farve) "Hes not afriad to through a Pick" What!!!!!! JMO NEJIM
  • utixutix Banned
    edited December 2010
    bye...
  • jackson21jackson21 Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    Wow - is all i can say to the above posts.....Not a Packer fan nor a Farve "fan" here but if it is his last gunfight farewell to one of the best gamers I've seen in my 54 years....
  • hotbustophotbustop Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    Agree. He was better than 95% of QB's in the history of the game! That's pretty good.
  • utixutix Banned
    edited December 2010
    hotbustop wrote: »
    Agree. He was better than 95% of QB's in the history of the game! That's pretty good.

Vince Young is better than 95% of the QBs to ever play.

I'll give you that Brett is in the far far extreme of best to ever play the game, but that doesn't mean we have to like him or even respect him IMO. What he's put his teams through over the last 5+ years is a disgrace to the game. He has held his retirement over their heads until the very last minute, and in result, didn't have to work as hard as the rest of the team in the off season. He obviously had intentions to, if not did, cheat on his wife. This is no shock in sports, but at the same time, makes him less of a person in my mind. He has been a very selfish person and teammate for many many years for a multitude of reasons.

He is known for how tough he played or the tough passes he made, but often times those were putting his team in jeopardy. While some of them worked and it turned into incredible moments, there are far more INT to end the game moments that didn't need to happen. I'll take a Steve Young type QB over Brett Favre anyday.
  • wilbur5133wilbur5133 Junior Member
    edited December 2010

Amen, being a Packer fan for as long as I can remember those playoff loses were the worst I have EVER seen. I was so ready to see him go from GB for that reason alone. His playoff record and performances are awful, absolutely awful. That pick against the Saints was the perfect example of a career based off self centered play that in the end ALWAYS cost his team championships (throw it our of bounds, kick a field goal, go to Super Bowl)...not that hard to understand, even for an uneducated hillrod like you Brett. You can't even watch golf or baseball these days without his name being brought up like he is some kind of God, we are not even watching football!....please go away and stay away. It's the same quest for power and success syndrome that Jordan has/had, too bad for Frett Bavre it is on a much more less successful level. Go close your eyes and chuck balls somewhere else, everyone is tired of watching you, your play is old news and predictable...bye bye now.