Betting Talk

Gene Chizek

nightlife32nightlife32 Senior Member
edited December 2010 in Sports Betting
Wow from the outhouse to the penthouse in a matter of 2 yrs. LOL, from the shitty ass depths of the Big 12 with Iowa St. to top of the SEC. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Must be rough to be a Iowa St fan!

Comments

• ShacroShacro Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    Remember when Gene was hired? Holy hell, it was like the most awful coaching hire in college football history (as made out by the media).

"Five wins in two seasons!" they said.

Gene has to feel as cool as the Million Dollar Man right about now.

Good for him.
  • tEABAGtEABAG Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    Yea..it also never hurts having a player such as Cam Newton
  • BIGtimerDCBIGtimerDC Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    Yea don't know that this team would be near the same without Cam but running the table in the SEC is a major accomplishment and gotta give it to those coaches and those players. What a great performance today on the biggest stage yet Loved the gimmick plays to start the game off.. I really thought the old ball coach was gonna pull one out this afternoon and I was proved wrong... in a major way! National Championship should be some serious fireworks with these two teams.
  • utixutix Banned
    edited December 2010
    tEABAG wrote: »
    Yea..it also never hurts paying a player such as Cam Newton

I agree
  • ShacroShacro Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    Just remember, the reported $180,000 paid to the Newton family is an extremely small percentage of the money that Auburn University will receive for playing in the National Championship game.

I'm of course kidding. I do not support pay-for-play athletes in college ball. But it's gonna happen and we only know of a few cases. Tough to stop I think.
  • tEABAGtEABAG Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    Haha..I go to Alabama and couldn't agree with you more, utix. I would love to be bitter about it, but he truly is the best in the country right now. This Auburn team without Cam and Malzhon wouldn't be anything more than a mediocre SEC team.
  • nightlife32nightlife32 Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    Just glad to see that everyone who has looked at this thread is on the same page. I agree with all the comments in this thread hence the thanks...Life with Cam N. must be awesome. Only thing missing is a BCS Championship, then imagine how good he looks (lightbulb). Which brings me to my next point. How would we view coaches without "that guy"? . As we all know, hate it or love it, guys like Cam Newton are rare. It is amazing how much these guys make some guys look like good hires. Good shooting the shit with u guys. Chim in if you feel more is needed its fun!