Betting Talk

boise state

buck4493buck4493 Senior Member
edited November 2010 in Sports Betting
I have never been a fan of SEC teams obviously, but if a 1 loss SEC team gets put in the back seat for this fraud of a team is will be a major disservice to college football.

It will basically tell big time teams to schedule no one worth a damn throughout the year.

It will be purely media driven like everything else in sports. It wont be because Boise deserves a shot one bit.

Go and play 3 major non con opponents and then bitch, potherwise play on your faggy blue turf and leave the power conferences for big boy football

Comments

• Wire2WireWire2Wire Senior Member
    edited November 2010
    BOISE STATE schedule is a joke...They deserve a BOWL BID as much as BRISTOL PALIN deserves to win DANCING WITH THE STARS...jmho...w2w
  • hotbustophotbustop Senior Member
    edited November 2010
    Boise St is the best team in the country. They are the best defensive team in the country and WILL beat any of the "BCS" conference teams if given the chance. The joke is the fraud system that has denied a true college champion. Boise is so much better than people think it is a shame. I just hope the system doesn't screw them again this year.
  • Mrtk31Mrtk31 Senior Member
    edited November 2010
    The flawed system the NCAA operates is designed to make money for the member schools. Do they care if there is a 'true' champion? I doubt it. But I'll enjoy reading your worthy opinions, watching a few bowl games, & hopefully making some cash.
  • FastEddieFastEddie Senior Member
    edited November 2010
    hotbustop wrote: »
    Boise St is the best team in the country. They are the best defensive team in the country and WILL beat any of the "BCS" conference teams if given the chance. The joke is the fraud system that has denied a true college champion. Boise is so much better than people think it is a shame. I just hope the system doesn't screw them again this year.

you took the words right out of my mouth, Boise State could have beaten Alabama last year, if they played and I will take Boise State over anybody again this year...BCS System aint' worth a shit, playoffs tell the TRUE Champions...
  • kass101kass101 Senior Member
    edited November 2010
    FastEddie wrote: »
    you took the words right out of my mouth, Boise State could have beaten Alabama last year, if they played and I will take Boise State over anybody again this year...BCS System aint' worth a shit, playoffs tell the TRUE Champions...

why do you think they scheduled Boise vs TCU last year, Having Boise and TCU both beat BCS schools would only prove the point they are trying to hide.

And how about the Big East? that joke of conference gets a BCS birth and the winner wouldnt even come in second in the WAC.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited November 2010
    this argument is getting a bit old and has been beaten down here on BT - mostly by me in the past :). no reason to go on and on about this b/c trust me there are people on both sides of the fence (I for 1 still think boise isn't near the best team in the country as how could one prove that?) and the folks on one side aren't going to agree with the others on the opposite side ever...
  • lentellentel Senior Member
    edited November 2010
    Wire2Wire wrote: »
    BOISE STATE schedule is a joke...They deserve a BOWL BID as much as BRISTOL PALIN deserves to win DANCING WITH THE STARS...jmho...w2w

The people making the odds think that moon faced girl will most definatly win dancing with the stars
  • Wire2WireWire2Wire Senior Member
    edited November 2010
    I said she didn't DESERVE TO WIN...not that she wouldn't win...lol...w2w
  • buck4493buck4493 Senior Member
    edited November 2010

Im pretty sure any power team would be unbeaten with Boises schedule. I want my buckeyes to join the WAC. they could play for title every year by having impressive wins over fresno and nevada
  • HowardBealHowardBeal Senior Member
    edited November 2010
    Big 10 only slightly better than WAC for the last 4 years....Indiana, Purdue, Penn State would struggle to a .500 record in the WAC.....
    edited November 2010
    dream scenario is if Oregon and Auburn go undefeated, leaving Boise to go to the Rose Bowl where they will be favored over the Big 10 champion, whom they will then destroy.....
    edited November 2010
    (and then have to listen to Big 10 fans say, "that team wasn't playing for anything, that's why Boise won")
  • getsome22getsome22 Member
    edited November 2010
    Boise States schedule is a joke...how many top 10 teams do they play? look at schedules like Alabama's... it is so much harder than Boiste State's that it is ridiculous. Yes, Bama has lost 2 games but that doesn't take away from how crazy their schedule is. Boise State is exciting to watch but they are not the best team in the country. no way no how
  • BigPermBigPerm Senior Member
    edited November 2010
    Allow me to chime in and bring my wisdom with me.....

Can Boise beat Alabama, Auburn, Oregon, Ohio St??? Perhaps....even if they do it means very little and here's why......

PAY CLOSE F-ING ATTENTION

Its been mentioned often how they play a joke of a schedule which is true. They get to beat up on teams like NorthEastWesternSouthern state, and when they do get a real team they sometimes win...BUT

SUPPOSE THEY HAD 8 GAMES IN THE SCC WHERE THEIR LINEMAN WOULD BE GETTING GRINDED DOWN, THEIR QUARTERBACK WOULD BE ACTUALLY GETTING HIT, AND THEIR DEFENSE WOULD ACTUALLY BE TIRED ONCE IN A WHILE.

When Boise beat Alabama, they were coming off a 2 month bye-week.

If they played in the SCC, they might go 8-4, but come January, they would have 30x the "dings" that they get playing high school teams.
    edited November 2010
    Boise this year could play in ANY CONFERENCE IN THE COUNTRY AND BE UNBEATEN. I get the whole bring it every week crap. All I am saying is that team is the best team in the land roght now. They'd paste Ohios State, MSU, or Wisconsin. Those teams wouldn't get 2 TD's versus that defense. People are vastly under estimating Boise State.
  • Mrtk31Mrtk31 Senior Member
    edited November 2010
    So it's easy to stay sharp with a soft schedule? Sure the Big Ten week to week grind might be tougher, but if it don't kill ya...

I think that Boise is one of the teams in the conversation. I'll watch Friday cause it might be close v. Nevada. But who cares the next week vs. Utah St.
    edited November 2010
    Any conference HBS??

Not a chance.......

"That defense" hasnt seen the BLUE CHIP ATHLETES that other schools see 8-10 TIMES A YEAR!!!!
  • hornhorn Super Moderator
    edited November 2010
    Boise very well may be the best team in the country this season.

However, the point that BP makes about being forced to play competent opposition each week and the inherent attrition that comes along with play grown up football has a lot of merit. They are a great football team and certianly could beat any team on any given day, but couldnt beat every team on every given day if they played in one of the top conferences. I guess it's not entirely their fault their conference stinks, but their best win also happens to be James Madison's best win as well. They are a good team and good program though.
    edited November 2010
    horn wrote: »
    Boise very well may be the best team in the country this season.

However, the point that BP makes about being forced to play competent opposition each week and the inherent attrition that comes along with play grown up football has a lot of merit. They are a great football team and certianly could beat any team on any given day, but couldnt beat every team on every given day if they played in one of the top conferences. I guess it's not entirely their fault their conference stinks, but their best win also happens to be James Madison's best win as well. They are a good team and good program though.

Well Said Horn!!
    edited November 2010
    very well said horn...
    edited November 2010
    Blue Chip are athletes these days. Look at the NFL rosters are littered with 1AA D-2,3 these days. This isn't 1970/1980 where the super powers horded 3 deep NFL talent at all positions. There are scholarship reductions and far more D-1 schools so there are more kids that go places to play right now rather than sit and wait for their glory.

Boise has NFL lineman and other than the Stanford QB, the best pro prospect in football. They can play and beat all the big boys week in and week out just as well as the big boys can THIS SEASON.

They Beat number 3 TCU last year with a dominant defensive performance.
    They Beat Number 1 Oregon last year with a dominant defensive performance.
    They beat #16 VTECH (and rising) on the road this year.
    They throttled a middle of the pack Pac-10 team (a conference that in my opinion is the best on football this year)

That defense takes a back seta to nobody, SEC/PAC-10/Big 12

I just hope they get their due justice and play an SEC team because appearantly that is where football was created so they can kick their ass in january so everybody can once and for all see just how good they are.

And I'll be making a LARGE wager on that game if and when it occurs.
    edited November 2010
    Oh and by the way, Pat Hill (A Belichik deciple and one heck of a coach) of Fresno State commented after the ass kicking Friday night that in all his time in D-1 football (and this includes GREAT USC TEAMS of the last decade) he has never seen a more dominating team than the physical ass kicking Boise delivered to his team. They are UNDERRATED if you ask me. People just don't get it.
    edited November 2010
    Again. They get 8-10 FREE PASSES a year.

That my friend is UNDISPUTED PERIOD.

8+ free passes a year. So when they play a "Alabama" in January that's been getting beat on by SCC teams ALL YEAR, they have a SLIGHT advantage since their QB doesn't have all the aches and dings that one playing in a REAL conference does. You are senile to believe that's not a factor.

And....

Your using the VTECH win as fuel? They beat Vtech by 3. What happened to Vtech the NEXT WEEK?
    LAST YEARS OREGON?? I forgot how much last years victories count! Oregon might be a little better this year!

Kellen Moore faces NO PRESSURE, never gets hit, and can sit back and play "Tecmo Bowl" all season in that conference.

Playing : Bama, Florida, Arkansas, Auburn, SC, and LSU, would CRIPPLE that team.

As for "NFL" talent. You mean like Timmy Chang, Colt Brennon, and the rest of the "posers"

Just remember....THE BOISE TEAM THAT BEAT OKLAHOMA HAD SOME NFL OFFENSIVE TALENT.

Where is Zafranski now? (QB)
    How many carried is Ian getting? (RB)
    edited November 2010
    BigPerm wrote: »
    Again. They get 8-10 FREE PASSES a year.

That my friend is UNDISPUTED PERIOD.

8+ free passes a year. So when they play a "Alabama" in January that's been getting beat on by SCC teams ALL YEAR, they have a SLIGHT advantage since their QB doesn't have all the aches and dings that one playing in a REAL conference does. You are senile to believe that's not a factor.

And....

Your using the VTECH win as fuel? They beat Vtech by 3. What happened to Vtech the NEXT WEEK?
    LAST YEARS OREGON?? I forgot how much last years victories count! Oregon might be a little better this year!

Kellen Moore faces NO PRESSURE, never gets hit, and can sit back and play "Tecmo Bowl" all season in that conference.

Playing : Bama, Florida, Arkansas, Auburn, SC, and LSU, would CRIPPLE that team.

As for "NFL" talent. You mean like Timmy Chang, Colt Brennon, and the rest of the "posers"

Just remember....THE BOISE TEAM THAT BEAT OKLAHOMA HAD SOME NFL OFFENSIVE TALENT.

Where is Zafranski now? (QB)
    How many carried is Ian getting? (RB)

i couldn't agree more perm. amazing how people don't understand exactly what you just said. BEST TEAM IN THE COUNTRY IS NOT YET DETERMINED AND IT IS NOT BOISE.
    edited November 2010
    HowardBeal wrote: »
    (and then have to listen to Big 10 fans say, "that team wasn't playing for anything, that's why Boise won")

It will be Wisconsin and either them or OSU will beat boise should that be the deal but boise wont go to the rose as Stanford will
    edited November 2010
    Boise did not win at Lane stadium so that was a road game for both teams. The atmosphere in Lane Stadium is a little different than redskins park. Oh and Boise didnt dominate whatsover in that game and Moore has 200 passing yards going 23-28. I have no idea how he is even in the heisman discussion
    edited November 2010
    buck4493 wrote: »
    Boise did not win at Lane stadium so that was a road game for both teams. The atmosphere in Lane Stadium is a little different than redskins park. Oh and Boise didnt dominate whatsover in that game and Moore has 200 passing yards going 23-28. I have no idea how he is even in the heisman discussion

i agree, how the F is he even in the heisman running when his numbers barely hold up and he never sees a sack? Oki St qb is 10 times the kid?
    edited November 2010
    david klinger Jr--kellen moore
  • utixutix Banned
    edited November 2010
    I just pray that if Boise doesn't make the Title game that whatever team gets to play them actually gives a damn about the bowl and wipes the floor with them. The problem will be that just about anyone they play will be disappointed by missing the national championship and therefore have no reason to play hard.
    edited November 2010
    Boise this year could play in ANY CONFERENCE IN THE COUNTRY AND BE UNBEATEN. I get the whole bring it every week crap. All I am saying is that team is the best team in the land roght now. They'd paste Ohios State, MSU, or Wisconsin. Those teams wouldn't get 2 TD's versus that defense. People are vastly under estimating Boise State.

Your probably right since that insanely explosive viginia tech team put up 30 points against them . I'm confident wisky or osu could put as many up as LA TECH or Oregon St did against Boise.

I mean give me a break.