Betting Talk

The NBA Joke has me Calling it Quits

cabster13cabster13 Senior Member
edited March 2010 in Sports Betting
Just a few comments before I take a long needed break from this wagering game. I have been on the longest losing streak in my 30 plus years chasing a game that no one honestly will ever win. I have been frustrated following many of your picks cause it seems no matter how well someone has been doing when I play their picks they fall totally apart. While I know it has nothing to do with me following the loss after loss would indicate otherwise. I heard Colin Cowherd talking today on his ESPN Radio show about a game many years ago that drove him from ever betting the NBA again. Mine has occured tonight and I will be much better for it in the long run!

Had an Atl Hawks game against Golden State several weeks ago that Atl totally stopped playing in the 4th Qtr and gave up a 17 point lead and for no good reason. Nearly every NCAA tourney game I have played this March has gone over when I played the under and under when I played the over. Favorites have not covered and dogs have won outright as double digit underdogs! It culminates tonight following forum selections on the SA Spurs who lose outright to a PATHETIC NJ team, a 68 point 4th Qtr in the Lakers game loses an O/U play, and Denver no shows in Dallas.

The game that has done me in is a personal over play on the Utah Jazz TT 114 tonight against the possibly 2nd worst defensive team in the NBA NY Knicks. The Jazz scored 44 points in the 1st qtr. From that point they did the following which included NO points for the Jazz for the last 4:11 of the game according to the ticket I followed on CBS Sportsline.

44 20 23 16 Total 103

Simply have had enough of this mess and wish all of you well that want to continue to chase this joke called sports gaming. What was once fun and entertaining has become a total distraction in my life and frankly has driven me away from most of the good things in my life! For anyone who says they beat the system they are either liars or do nothing else in life but chase their tails gaming. Must also add it is really not about the money as although I hate to give it to the books, I make very good money but hate to add up how much I have wasted in the last ten years wagering on these high paid thugs in the NBA. I wish everybody the best and hope these comment will help someone else like me realize what this wagering game can do to your life.

Comments

• lebron23lebron23 Banned
    edited March 2010
    you can't win in the nba period.. I will give you some thoughts.. If you ever do bet again, please don't bet every night, only bet like 3 games a week or less.. bookies love people that bet every night,, there loosers, it helped me out alot.. I got my family back and I'm much happier and I'm a better person
  • xlcfxlcf Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    It's really frustrating sometimes and I've been betting for a few months only. It's hard to imagine "fixed games" with so many players and people involved but... betting would be much more interesting if players didn't know the spread and the total.
  • madman8596madman8596 Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    It only takes one player to "shave" points to change the outcome and if any of you don't beleive it happens quite a bit, especially in College sports, you are leaving in LaLa-Land!
    Money talks when you got bills to pay.
  • wcf1214wcf1214 Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    why do u think the nba lines come out as early as they do? And college lines especially totals are held back until the afternoon most of the year,because college is easier to handicapp.NBA like the NFL is so difficult to beat cause of the equal talents in the professional leagues,where in college the differences in the abilties betwween conferences and players are so much wider making handicapping college sports easier and more profitable..... on the board very few if any can beat the NBA...... I think just calzone has a small winng percentage,anyway back off a while and get a new perspective,as always good luck
  • calzonesayscalzonesays Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    149-114 (57%)

is my record in both last season and this season on BT in the NBA, no moneylines

and yes I agree, NBA lines are very efficient and pretty accurate, its why I do not jump in every day with a full card like some people do, you have to pick and choose your spots, and from my personal experience for some reason, the TNT thursday games have been some of the most random and spiratic games on the planet, from personal experience. i dont think you can pick 5 or 6 sides and totals a day in the NBA and stay above 55% over a large enough sample size, I just don't see it as humanly possible.
  • xlcfxlcf Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    149-114 (57%)

is my record in both last season and this season on BT in the NBA, no moneylines

and yes I agree, NBA lines are very efficient and pretty accurate, its why I do not jump in every day with a full card like some people do, you have to pick and choose your spots, and from my personal experience for some reason, the TNT thursday games have been some of the most random and spiratic games on the planet, from personal experience. i dont think you can pick 5 or 6 sides and totals a day in the NBA and stay above 55% over a large enough sample size, I just don't see it as humanly possible.

TommyGold's work is impresive.

NBA 2009/2010 HDP & OU Record: 326-247-8, +49.81 units won (573 units risked)
  • xlcfxlcf Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    Had you chased the juice you would be almost +80 units...
  • calzonesayscalzonesays Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    tommy has been pretty good this season i will give him that, i think he went like 2-4 or 2-5 tonight and i believe his overall record this season in NBA is around 56% if you update his record

thats very impressive given the amount of plays hes had this season

if you can hit anything above 55% in NBA at -110 its very good in my opinion

id be curious to see if tommygold can put up a similar 55-57% next season in the NBA as well, hes definitely someone id keep my eye on.

i like that tommy keeps an accurate record, i think its an important quality as some people dont keep records or just stop keeping track when they start losing.
  • jackson21jackson21 Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    cabster13 wrote:
    Just a few comments before I take a long needed break from this wagering game. I have been on the longest losing streak in my 30 plus years chasing a game that no one honestly will ever win. I have been frustrated following many of your picks cause it seems no matter how well someone has been doing when I play their picks they fall totally apart. While I know it has nothing to do with me following the loss after loss would indicate otherwise. I heard Colin Cowherd talking today on his ESPN Radio show about a game many years ago that drove him from ever betting the NBA again. Mine has occured tonight and I will be much better for it in the long run!

Had an Atl Hawks game against Golden State several weeks ago that Atl totally stopped playing in the 4th Qtr and gave up a 17 point lead and for no good reason. Nearly every NCAA tourney game I have played this March has gone over when I played the under and under when I played the over. Favorites have not covered and dogs have won outright as double digit underdogs! It culminates tonight following forum selections on the SA Spurs who lose outright to a PATHETIC NJ team, a 68 point 4th Qtr in the Lakers game loses an O/U play, and Denver no shows in Dallas.

The game that has done me in is a personal over play on the Utah Jazz TT 114 tonight against the possibly 2nd worst defensive team in the NBA NY Knicks. The Jazz scored 44 points in the 1st qtr. From that point they did the following which included NO points for the Jazz for the last 4:11 of the game according to the ticket I followed on CBS Sportsline.

44 20 23 16 Total 103

Simply have had enough of this mess and wish all of you well that want to continue to chase this joke called sports gaming. What was once fun and entertaining has become a total distraction in my life and frankly has driven me away from most of the good things in my life! For anyone who says they beat the system they are either liars or do nothing else in life but chase their tails gaming. Must also add it is really not about the money as although I hate to give it to the books, I make very good money but hate to add up how much I have wasted in the last ten years wagering on these high paid thugs in the NBA. I wish everybody the best and hope these comment will help someone else like me realize what this wagering game can do to your life.

I for one don't blame you for quitting --I had a bad run myself this last week - that put me back in the "red" after beinmg in the "black for a while....now its going to be a loooong struggle to get back to even or up...unlesss I chase with some biggies which is not smart...losing streaks definately take some of the fun out of it....good luck in quitting ,I may be joinning you soon,too....I know "money management talk is comming--- but losing is a slippery slope ,regaurdless of how carefull one is......... My advise if you find you miss gambling is take up poker --- a game with an actuall strategey - that can be mastered over time....you're playing against other people - not the house - and very good poker can be learned from all the info out there now..........GL
  • challenger1challenger1 Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    Spurs pissed me off too!
  • xlcfxlcf Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    Spurs pissed me off too!

They did piss me off the day before so I put them in my blacklist. I had over 95 for Spurs and they went to the 4th quarter having scored 77 points in the first three quarters. They pushed the brake in the 4th, scored 94 points with 2 and half left... remained scoreless for the rest of the game. I can't say anything but it's very strange...
  • NEJimNEJim Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    I have not bet the NBA in years..I have had that sick feeling after a bad run ..TAKE TIME OFF it works GL NEJIM
  • doggie29doggie29 Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    cabster13 wrote:

44 20 23 16 Total 103

Your making the smartest move in your life. I wish that i would have never learned this awful bad habit 30 years ago, because i would have had a better life those last 30 years with alot more money.
    Only people who truly win are the bookies who book the bets and the services that have customers buying the plays, all the rest are just lying to themselves.
    good luck in the future
  • IHMWFIHMWF Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    High paid Thugs? Well have you thought about betting on the so-called intelligent baseball players or the intelligent hockey players? Don't blame the players balme the person who made the bet!
  • scott_baioscott_baio Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    I havent heard of any so-called intelligent baseball players nor intelligent hockey players threatening teamates in team locker-rooms with firearms, have you?

IHMWF: I have unfortunately been reading your racist posts for far too long. It is clear that you have an agenda on this forum, and it has very little to do with betting.
  • dfletch21dfletch21 Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    lebron23 wrote:
    you can't win in the nba period.. I will give you some thoughts.. If you ever do bet again, please don't bet every night, only bet like 3 games a week or less.. bookies love people that bet every night,, there loosers, it helped me out alot.. I got my family back and I'm much happier and I'm a better person

Since week 8 in NFL I am currently +60 units which was all won betting on NBA, it includes losing a fair amount of money NFL, Olympic hockey and NCAAB....
    edited March 2010
    talk is cheap dfleach21.. why didn't you post than?? help us out bro.. anybody can say that bro.. show me the proof buddy.. Oh yeah I'm on 21-0 run, But I forgot to post...lol
  • scott_baioscott_baio Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    lebron23 wrote:
    talk is cheap dfleach21..

lol
    edited March 2010
    lebron23 wrote:
    talk is cheap dfleach21.. why didn't you post than?? help us out bro.. anybody can say that bro.. show me the proof buddy.. Oh yeah I'm on 21-0 run, But I forgot to post...lol

lol I could care less what you think, I don't post my picks cause nobody ever read or commented on them so I felt there was no point. I was just trying to say that NBA can be won. I also admitted to losing in 3 other sports, theres no point for me to lie. I knew when I made that post a douchebag like you would make some comment. If I really wanted to I could go to my book and download the transcripts of bets made, but like everything no one would care because someone would argue that I just doctored the results.....
    edited March 2010
    douchebag..lol now I'm 25-0, + 100 units.... Sorry forgot to post
  • SnakeheadSnakehead Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    dfletch21 wrote:
    lol I could care less what you think, I don't post my picks cause nobody ever read or commented on them so I felt there was no point. I was just trying to say that NBA can be won. I also admitted to losing in 3 other sports, theres no point for me to lie. I knew when I made that post a douchebag like you would make some comment. If I really wanted to I could go to my book and download the transcripts of bets made, but like everything no one would care because someone would argue that I just doctored the results.....

Can you win most weeks?

I'm not trying to harass you, but why not post your NBA plays for the next month (yes, I know that would include playoff games) and let us see (again?) how well you do. You may not have 100 views, but even if you help 10 guys win money it would be appreciated by those 10.

It would only take a couple minutes to post your daily plays. But don't post them 2 minutes before gametime, as that won't help anyone.
    edited March 2010
    Theres no point now, I dont bet the end of the NBA season because it is hard to make accurate picks. I had good enough middle of the season that I just stopped betting NBA now. Too many shenanigans happen during the last 2 weeks. My advice would be to start taking teams with no chance because they will cover a lot of spreads.

To answer your question, on the average week or night I will play around even like 4-3 or 3-4 but it is the big plays that propel me to success. I know some people don't believe in betting more than 1 unit but in NBA some times lines are out of whack and call for a large bet. An example was last week when Raptors were on the road @ NJ. they were only -4 and therefore received a large bet. Then the next night they were -4.5 @ MIN. I just like to find spots like that and bet them.

And to Lebron you can keep hating I could care less, I know how my season went, if you really want to see I can send you my picks for the last 2 months but I doubt you would believe those.