Betting Talk

Tebow tanks Wonderlic?

HowardBealHowardBeal Senior Member
edited March 2010 in Sports Betting
Must have been science questions......

Comments

• Chisox6Chisox6 Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    Man, you beat me to the punch by like 2 minutes....

I was going to go with questions on Evolution, the Playboy Mansion and taking snaps from under center, but close enough.
  • retrieverretriever Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    Question 1: When did dinosaurs live? Tebow answer: about a hundred years B.C. 'cause the world is only 3000 years old.
  • KashmirKashmir Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    retriever wrote:
    Question 1: When did dinosaurs live? Tebow answer: about a hundred years B.C. 'cause the world is only 3000 years old.

Post of the week.
  • IHMWFIHMWF Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    I thought Tebow had all the intangibles? Also, didn't Jimmy Clausen only score a point higher than Tebow? I thought a kid who went to Notre Dame should a least score in the mid 30's?
  • GooseSTLGooseSTL Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    No offense, but what did you guys score on the test? Don't knock it until you've taken it.
  • The GoatThe Goat Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    its important to note that he scored extremely well in the male anatomy section
  • HowardBealHowardBeal Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    GooseSTL wrote:
    No offense, but what did you guys score on the test? Don't knock it until you've taken it.

I got a 40 on it, but unfortunately my hands are too small, which is inhibiting my growth as an NFL QB....oh wait, Ive said too much.......
    edited March 2010
    Hey, we are just having a but of fun...in all honesty, Tebow's career won't be made because of the Wonderlic anyway.

Just took one here if people want to try it:

http://walterfootball.com/draftwonderlic.php

I got a 19 out of 20 (missed question 18....in fact the 5 minute timer went off right when I went back to it)

And Goose, no offense taken....I'm a 4th year med student, so if I couldn't beat Tebow at the Wonderlic I'd have way more issues than he ever will.
  • GooseSTLGooseSTL Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    Well, I missed 5 of them, which gives me a 37.5. Does that beat Tebow?

10. Had no clue on the printed paper one, didn't feel like trying to figure it out.
    11. I guess I read the question wrong. I figured they wanted 20% of the $4800.
    18. Stupid question, couldn't figure it out.
    19. I thought Dec. would have been the southern hemisphere summer, not August.
    20. I thought they meant the opposite. I figured inflammable was not catching fire.

Shit, I'm 44 years old, can't remember all that stuff from high school.
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, no doubt the Wonderlic is a toughie. Probably tests the whole range of quantum physics, Chaucer, and world geography. Tebow doesn't need a great Wonderlic score to be a success in the NFL, but let's not pretend that it is a rigorous LSAT or MCAT-type exam.
    edited March 2010
    37.5 is still way better than most NFL players....I almost did the same exact thing on #20.
  • homerplayerhomerplayer Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    does a 22 mean he is 3 times smarter than Young and his 7?

and if 22 is tanking it, what are sub-10's oh wise one?
    edited March 2010
    Sub-10s either didn't try or are idiots....that would mean on that 20 question example they would get less than 4 correct.
    edited March 2010
    Sub 10s are SEC QBs--it is a conference rule
  • The GoatThe Goat Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    i got 37.5

the magazine question tricked me and i misread the investment one
  • pipes51pipes51 Member
    edited March 2010
    tebow is an idiot
  • kass101kass101 Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    guys the wonderlic test is very easy and thats the scary part. it just shows how little someone gives a shit about school when they know they are going to the show.
  • ChaseGChaseG Banned
    edited March 2010
    shows you that these NFL players would end up at white castle if it wasn't for football
  • MikeNyceMikeNyce Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    Got a 40. Funny thing was I had the answer to #10 as 20 Thought it was wrong till I read the end of the answer page. Interesting.
  • calzonesayscalzonesays Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    Did they have any questions on the Wonderlic for Tebow that involved reading coverages other than Cover 2? That could explain the low score.
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    Sweet, Sweet, Sally gave me a Wonderlick; I gave her 50!!!
  • brmapesbrmapes Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    Got a 40 as well...when I watch Titans games I will now refer to myself as almost six times smarter than Vince Young
  • calzonesayscalzonesays Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    Sweet, Sweet, Sally gave me a Wonderlick; I gave her 50!!!

Bea Arthur?
  • IHMWFIHMWF Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    You might be 6 times smarter, but a 1000 times poorer. So, the question is would you rather be so-called smarter working a meaningless 9 to 5 or be 1000 richer, famous, and have many, many more gorgeous women.

I think most wish they had just a sliver of any athletes fame. I hate it when average people try to compare themselves to the rich and famous. Here is a test, if you google your name and you do not have at least 500 hits then you are an average Joe.

It does not mean your life is worthless it just means you are pretty much par for the course. So save me I am smarter than those people on TV.
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    Ok, I can't tell, but I can say she put the teeth in the Pabst Blue Ribbon Lite mug - the rest is very private and obviously I didn't understand what this thread was about or I wouldn't have said anything!!!
    edited March 2010
    Oh come on. Athletes are idolized foir everything. We ask their opinions on politics, religion, and life, and use them as role models. Of course, we would love to have their fame and money. But it is appropriate to point out that they are ATHLETES and often dumber than hell. So don't ask them what they "think" about anything. Their answer is: THINK? Google hits have nothing to do with it.