Betting Talk

Anyone ever coach basketball?

m0neysh0tm0neysh0t Senior Member
edited March 2010 in Sports Betting
I'm interested in coaching basketball next season, and was wondering if anyone knew of any good books?

Comments

• IHMWFIHMWF Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    What level are you coaching?
  • BobbyBingoBobbyBingo Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    I coached for many years, grades 6th, 7th and 8th. I found going to some local coaching clinics was very helpful. Bring a notebook and write down as many idea's you can get.
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited March 2010
    There are also some good video's out these days, and probably a lot of information online.
  • nightlife32nightlife32 Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    I coached a few years and now just officiate 3rd-8th grade boys but here is a useful website: www.coachlikeapro.com/index.html
  • m0neysh0tm0neysh0t Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    Thanks guys. I'd like to hook up with a local high school as an assistant or something in the fall. Just something I've been thinking about.
  • calzonesayscalzonesays Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    no point shaving!!!!!
  • buck4493buck4493 Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    GL,

just dont suggest anything by Jim O Brien, unless you want to be a miserable dickwad
  • Mr WesMr Wes Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    watch duke tapes from the last 5 years, and draw some plays down.
    edited March 2010
    buck4493 wrote:
    GL,

just dont suggest anything by Jim O Brien, unless you want to be a miserable dickwad

Ahh good ol' Jimmy. I remember his philosphy in Boston was to chuck 3's and play D.
    edited March 2010
    I think the most fun (and least practical) would be a D'Antoni/Don Nelson combination.
  • calzonesayscalzonesays Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    m0neysh0t wrote:
    I think the most fun (and least practical) would be a D'Antoni/Don Nelson combination.

Don Nelson! lol

just don't play your star player the entire game without resting once and ride him into the ground with injuries like Donnie did to monta...
  • OldHickOldHick Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    I have "Coaching Basketball for Dummies" on my desk right now. My wife was "nice" enough to give it to me when I volunteered to coach my daughters team. It is actually really good. It covers many different aspects from running a practice to game strategy to how to teach a jump shot.
    edited March 2010
    I'll look into that OH, thanks