Betting Talk

Anyone see this J. Kidd play vs the Hawks last night?

RammerJammerRammerJammer Senior Member
edited February 2010 in Sports Betting
The Mavs are down 97-95 late in the game and Kidd was dribbling up the court and hugging the sideline about to call a timeout. He saw Coach Mike Woodson w/ 2 feet on the court shouting out defensive instructions, so he sped up and stuck his arm out making contact w/ Woodson so that he could garner a technical foul. Woodson was off the court when the contact was made and if he would have jumped back onto the scorer's table, Kidd would have dribbled it out of bounds. The Technical Foul was called and the Mavs went on to win in OT. To me, this was a bitch move by Kidd to intentionally make contact. It wasn't like he was dribbling around a defender and the Coach pinned him on the sideline. Here's the play:

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/02/27/jason-kidd-runs-into-mike-woodson-refs-call-it-the-wrong-way/

Comments

• Chisox6Chisox6 Senior Member
    edited February 2010
    I don't know if I'd call it a bitch move...Kidd gambled to get the call with some gamesmanship....the real problem I have is the officials blowing it....even if it was close, Kidd created the contact-no way I call a tech....if anything, it should have been ATL ball and maybe even a tech on Kidd for making contact with the opposing coach off the court.

BTW, the article alludes to the problem with flopping....simple solution:
    1. don't reward the flop by calling a foul-people will stop if you do this
    2. If the flop is totally without contact or embelished, give one warning and then it is a tech if you do it again....just like giving a yellow card for diving in soccer.

Lastly, this is why the NBA drives me nuts....just terrbile officiating and no out of box thinking to fix solutions.
  • IHMWFIHMWF Senior Member
    edited February 2010
    That's because J Kidd is a bitch. I never liked him but that was a intelligent play.
  • cabster13cabster13 Senior Member
    edited February 2010
    Just wish he would have decked the clown coach! Keep your ass of of the court while the clock is running and it doesn;t happen. Still remember how the idiot let GS come back from 17 down going into the 4th qtr last week. HE IS AN IDIOT!
  • TeaserPlayerTeaserPlayer Senior Member
    edited February 2010
    This is what makes me laugh at Jason Kidd, and realize that the love I had for his game ended when he left the Cal Bears:

The rift between Jason Kidd and Jim Jackson became a well publized beef in the media. Kidd and Jackson never seemed to mesh well on the court, but many think that the beef may have started off the court. Kidd and Jackson were rumored to have been dating singer Toni Braxton at the same time. The story goes that Braxton came to a hotel that the Mavericks were staying at to pick up Kidd for a date, but left with Jackson. Something like this could very well cause beef between teammates that never really got along in the first place.