Betting Talk

brillo monday ncaa hoops picks

brillo12brillo12 Senior Member
edited February 2010 in Sports Betting
weli, a strong 4-1 finish on sunday put me at 14-11 for last weeks picks.

bringing my season record for college hoops picks to .......80-64-0

that makes for a 55.6% winning rate....and +9.6 units for the season
was gonna take the night off with this light card, but decided to play one game tonite.

712 uconn +3....line started at 2 and is now 3....so i will give the huskies one more chance tonite....have watched the last couple of west virginia games and they seem to blow leads alot and i really am not all that impressed with the mountaineer play the last few times i have seen them!...........uconn is fighting for their tourney life and since calhoun came back and questioned these guys after that 60-48 beating cincy laid on them, they have responded well ...both these teams are not good covering teams ....west virginia at 11-14 and uconn at 10-14......but the huskies are still 13-3 at home and owe their fans one!...... and now after having won two in a row on the road ......vs. conference powerhouse and big east standings leader nova and then looking awfully good in pasting an improving rutgers squad just last saturday by putting them away 76-58!, they are coming home!..........i think now that calhoun is back in control of this team, and he is actually enjoying this situation!!.........he enjoys the challenge that lies ahead.....and he knows there is major work ahead of them and certainly seems to have gotten this message thru to his players!.....which is a major factor these days!.........if they are to go any further this season, they need to win toonite!.......because they are playing good ball again these past two games...this new spirit in the huskies play with the new chance to make a statement tonite and possibly move closer to a tournament possibility....plus the fact that i am sure they want to right themselves from the disgusting performance they treated their fans to with their last home game....that horrendous showing at home vs.cincinnatti which resulted in a 60-48 loss.....makes me think this uconn team will keep it going tonite.......a left over dog is barking at me....and i think its a huskie!...... ...take the three points ...a brillo upset alert has just been issued ....huskie dogs are howling!!....the play is uconn!

gl to all that play it....that probably is it for tonite, unless something comes up.........brillo

Comments

• joegeejoegee Senior Member
    edited February 2010
    Nice wins by UConn over Villanova and Rutgers the last 2 games. When playing facebreak teams like Texas and Villanova or a team without discipline like Rutgers the huskies are among the better teams in the country. When scoring 70 or more UConn is 14-0. They are 2-11 in games they have scored fewer then 70.
  • brillo12brillo12 Senior Member
    edited February 2010
    and i predict uconn will score 71 tonite!...hahaha.....all kidding aside, thanks for the info, joegee....gl tonite with the picks tonite......and go huskies!
  • LancerLancer Senior Member
    edited February 2010
    i dont follow some aspects.....and am too lazy to track some stuff down.....but as far as your comment above about W Va blowin leads....was it you Brillo (or maybe someone else here, i really forget)...that made a case vs W Va cuz they were such slow starters, fell behind early alot...so how do they do that...and blow leads..? just curious...i imagine being up n down, when they get leads early they blow them, and when they fall behind early they come back,,is that what is meant...?
    edited February 2010
    west virginia .....in the games i have seen them play .......were a spurt type team...i just remember them not being able to finish off a couple of games that they had in control......can get hot fast but also can go cold rather quickly....this is just from a personal point of view recalling what i have seen of them.......dont really know if they are consistently slow starters but i just remember erratic play sometimes and not being able to finish teams off .............as it shows in their poor 11-14 ats record.
    edited February 2010
    hey!...a little bird told me that kansas was gonna kick some butt tonite!!...in fact that bird might have even been a jayhawk!!....so i am gonna play kansas tonite, also....

714 kansas-21.....i know 21 points is alot to give...but here is my reasoning on this one...first of all...someone has got to cover tonite..and both of these teams are very poor covering teams.....oklahoma is 9-14 (has only covered two of their last eight games)...and kansas is not much better at 10-13 (but has only covered one of their last seven games)....but like i said , somebody has to cover this game and since i got it at an even 21 points , there is the possibility of a push and nobody wins or loses!.....not like last night where the 1/2 point in the dukie game killed me!.....and , .looking a little deeper into the game , oklahoma has definitely got some problems with injuries.....they may have just packed this season away already!.......and they must go into one of the tuffest venues of college basketball this evening for a big twelve rivalry game not at full stregth....sounds pretty daunting to me!.......the sooners are but 2-11 in road games this season.....thats bad!....not as bad as washington on the road, but bad!!.....and they go on the road tonite to play the #1 team in the nation where the jayhawks are 16-0!!!....i dont know why, but i smell blow out in this one!....i am expecting a team like kansas to go on a tourney run pretty soon and really start putting it together ...not that they havent already, but i believe they go on a "covering" run.....and start living up to the experts predictions of them by really blowing some teams away....that is my opinion anyways...and it is the reason why i am going with the jayhawks tonite and laying the points.....a monday night blow out at allen fieldhouse tonite to complete a brillo sweep would be a really nice way to start out the week!!.....gl to all you jayhawks bettors tonite!......brillo
  • livinthedreamlivinthedream Junior Member
    edited February 2010
    With u on uconn back home w Calhoun fighting for there tournament lives...w VA seems to have given up on their unlikely odds of winning the big east reg season and are already thinking conference tourney and NCAA's...two vastly different mind frames and stakes for these two teams and ill take the motivated home dog
  • Cademm23Cademm23 Senior Member
    edited February 2010
    Double digit losses for Uconn to Cincy, Louisville, and Providence last few weeks. Have to go with West Vir. regardless of having less motivation. They still have more talent and they do have pride. Why would you not want to win every game possible.

West Vir -2
  • joegeejoegee Senior Member
    edited February 2010
    Good call

Brillo you were 1 technical foul away from calling the Uconn score.
  • woozie28woozie28 Member
    edited February 2010
    brillo,
    Thanks for the great call. I liked the huskies a lot also. I follow the eb and flow of the big east the a whole bunch and uconn was due this one.
    Nice to win again.
    edited February 2010
    1-1 for the night....what an embarrasing performance by the #1 team in the nation at home tonite.......against a depleted oklahoma team that should have not even made it a close game..... ........when kansas got up by 24 and then they went to sleep and played no defense at all, even self called time out and said he was embarrased!....boy did kansas ever look lazy!!...i couldnt even watch that disgusting performance in the last ten minutes!......now i dont expect to cover every game , but when the so called #1 team in the nation gets up by 24 with 10 minutes to go and then decides to go to sleep.....they should know about it and i am sure coach self will lay into them in the lockerroom!

season record...81-65.....55.5%.....+9.5 units
  • IOhBouchIOhBouch Member
    edited February 2010
    Hey ya win some and loose some. We will get them on Tues.
  • cabster13cabster13 Senior Member
    edited February 2010
    Am a Kansas Grad and they have not put anyone away all year...meaning totally bury them. Self will always unload the bench and unless up by 30+ the game was always in doubt. Would agree they did what they had to to keep it over 10 and that is all they cared about!
    edited February 2010
    would tend to agree with you cabster....i just get so irratated when i see such lazy play from top teams!.........especially when its just basic basketball fundamentals!...and these guys with all this talent ...get up by a bunch of points and think they can take the rest of the night off.......finish your nights work for God sake...then put it in cruise control!!.....is that too much to ask for!.....kansas starters should have had a thirty point lead with 8 minutes left and should have been sitting on the bench then...letting the 2nd and 3rd stringers finish it off!....laziness is gonna catch up to them one of these nights!!