Betting Talk

Some things never change!!!!

HowardBealHowardBeal Senior Member
edited February 2010 in Sports Betting
I see that the Bengals are seriously considering bringing in Pacman Jones? Cause they have no issues with problem players right? And they have a high success rate when taking troubled former WVU players and rehabilitating them????

And then I see on ESPN.com that the Seattle Seahawks and Pete Carroll are willing to spend whatever it takes to bring Reggie Bush there? Does he think that isn't gonna bring up bad memories about the last place he spent whatever it took to bring Reggie to?

Do these organizations have PR people?

Comments

• kmherring3kmherring3 Senior Member
    edited February 2010
    I think the Saints would be wise to deal him if they can. I don't see anything special about him. Reminds me of Ditka giving up the goat for Williams back in the day. I guess what goes around comes around.
  • Phil147Phil147 Senior Member
    edited February 2010
    As a Saints fan, you pretty much have to throw out the playbook without Reggie. I'm not saying he is worth $8m, but the amount of plays, either to him or using him as a deception are enormous. He is the Saints best blocking RB in blitz situations.

Add in the fact the city would implode if they lost reggie, it wouldn't be worth it, IMO.
  • Chisox6Chisox6 Senior Member
    edited February 2010
    Phil147 wrote:
    As a Saints fan, you pretty much have to throw out the playbook without Reggie. I'm not saying he is worth $8m, but the amount of plays, either to him or using him as a deception are enormous. He is the Saints best blocking RB in blitz situations.

Add in the fact the city would implode if they lost reggie, it wouldn't be worth it, IMO.

Depends what you can get for him...but I am with you (though I bet we are in the minority). I feel the threat of Bush along with his blitz pickup combined with Payton's offensive mind is a big part of why the Saints are so effective on offense (Brees is the biggest part, but still).

However, if they are willing to give up multiple picks, you have to at least consider the offer.
  • hornhorn Super Moderator
    edited February 2010
    It does not matter who the Saints deal, if we learn anything from history, if you win the NFC South the previous year you are not going to win the division the next season. This is the Falcon's Super Bowl to lose.
  • Phil147Phil147 Senior Member
    edited February 2010
    Chisox6 wrote:
    Depends what you can get for him...but I am with you (though I bet we are in the minority). I feel the threat of Bush along with his blitz pickup combined with Payton's offensive mind is a big part of why the Saints are so effective on offense (Brees is the biggest part, but still).

However, if they are willing to give up multiple picks, you have to at least consider the offer.

Without a doubt. Although I think you have to start from a 1st and work up from there (and yes, I know this is alot to ask).
  • BookbrakerBookbraker Senior Member
    edited February 2010
    kmherring3 wrote:
    I think the Saints would be wise to deal him if they can. I don't see anything special about him. Reminds me of Ditka giving up the goat for Williams back in the day. I guess what goes around comes around.

are you the Penn Stater?
  • IHMWFIHMWF Senior Member
    edited February 2010
    What about that overrated coke- head Matt Jones. Either they have signed him or are considering it.What a joke!