Betting Talk

Coward Peyton Manning

VegasInsiderVegasInsider Senior Member
edited February 2010 in Sports Betting
Why is no one talking about Manning's disrespect to the Saints by not seeking out someone to shake hands with??

Caldwell found Sean Payton and offered his hand...why is Manning too good?

The media and public are so far up Manning's ass that it's a non-issue now...its terrible.

I'm guessing some annoying Colts fans will have a lame excuse....prob one of these three:

1) Too many people on the field

2) He just lost the Super Bowl and is pissed

3) No one shakes hands after the Super Bowl

Anyone have a reasonable explanation why he didnt shake hands and/or this is a non-issue?

Comments

• jabberjabber Member
    edited February 2010
    You think Manning is a coward! Try saying something a little more intelligent!
  • VegasInsiderVegasInsider Senior Member
    edited February 2010
    I believe a couple years ago Brady and Bellichick didn't shake hands after their devastating loss to the Giants....AND THEY GOT POUNDED!

Manning is NFL-royalty and can do whatever he wishes.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/08/manning-wayne-skipped-post-game-handshakes/
  • HowardBealHowardBeal Senior Member
    edited February 2010
    maybe he just wants to be like LeBaby James
    edited February 2010
    Here is a better way to express what I'm feeling...

"It just goes to show you the short, selective memories of some. I didn't see a problem with it when Belichick and Brady did it a couple of years ago, and I didn't have a problem with it last night with Manning. The only thing that I do have a problem with, is that the same people that were bashing Belichick and Brady for it, are defending Manning for it now."

After every single game in the NFL all season, the players seek out someone and say congrats. I understand people are pissed they lost, but it's the classy thing to do.
    edited February 2010
    HowardBeal wrote:
    maybe he just wants to be like LeBaby James

Exactly. I'm guessing Goodell won't be asking to speak with Peyton for this either, like Stern did with LeBron.

It's the double-standard that bothers me. Brady gets hounded, Manning gets defended.
  • kass101kass101 Senior Member
    edited February 2010
    so really this is just you being mad that your patriots and your boy brady were terrible this year and payton made it to the superbowl.
    edited February 2010
    It has nothing to do with the Patriots or Colts. Let's be honest, the Colts were the best team in the AFC all season long and beat the Patriots, bottom line. The Colts deserved to be in the Super Bowl...there is no question about that.

For the record, I didn't think it was right when Brady and Co. snubbed the handshake two years ago. I was more pissed than anyone they lost, but I also didnt agree with how they handled the post-game celebrations.
  • Chisox6Chisox6 Senior Member
    edited February 2010
    kass101 wrote:
    so really this is just you being mad that your patriots and your boy brady were terrible this year and payton made it to the superbowl.

Why would he be pissed that Sean Payton made the super bowl?
  • BayOceanBayOcean Senior Member
    edited February 2010
    I think you are being very unfair to Peyton Manning. If you would have watched his press conference after the game, he was very complimentary to the Saint's and said they deserved to win. He absorbed a lot of the blame and did not run away and hide from criticism. As far as him not shaking hands at the end of the game, I am sure he did not avoid that on purpose. Give the guy a break he has shown in the past that he is a class pro and he doesn't deserve being bashed. NO played very well and Bree's was just SUPER his passes were right on the receivers and his passer rating was astronomical. Good choice for MVP. Oh by the way I watched the game with no sound as I used my mute button. Could not handle Simms and his high pitched voice analyzing every single play and the re-runs of almost every play were very annoying.
    I have said my peace any anyone would like to comment they are very welcome.
  • travisbickletravisbickle Senior Member
    edited February 2010
    Well OT but Hey BayOcean I see you are in Rockaway, spent a summer there a while back. Gotta love betting the Ponies at the Irish Circle! I think it is only one of two bars you can legally gamble in NYC.
  • DeanoDeano Senior Member
    edited February 2010
    I thought he made it very clear that this was the Saints time and not about him. It was to be celebrated with teammates and family. He said it would have just been a photo op and he wanted Drew to celebrate the way he did three years ago. He said he would call and text both coach, several players and Drew after the celebration.

It was in no way a Bellicheck or Brady type snub. These two have no class...Manning in my opionion hates to lose but is not that type of sore loser....

If the opportunity would have arisen...yes he would have given a congrats on the field but it did not present itself and he handled congratulating the team, coach and quarterback with class in front of the camera.
  • retrieverretriever Senior Member
    edited February 2010
    Deano is exactly right. if he had encountered them on the field he would have shaken hands--no reasonable person doubts that. But to go out of his way to find them to do that is trying to take away from their celebration. it was their moment not his. Accuse 18 of a lot, but he is a sportsman.
  • BettorThenMeBettorThenMe Senior Member
    edited February 2010
    manning wasn't avoiding the saints after the game, he was in a hurry to get up to one of the luxury suites and celebrate with the rest of the manning family.
  • buck4493buck4493 Senior Member
    edited February 2010
    you can also find this story at whocares.com

my god what is it pee wee football?? just because manning didnt appease you the viewr, doesnt mean he didnt go and congratualte the saints.

not a big deal at all,
  • gregmontaggregmontag Senior Member
    edited February 2010
    hes a cry baby, he knows hes the smartest football player and he got beat and just cant handle it
  • flushflush Member
    edited February 2010
    I think were too busy to care bout these kind of issues
  • blueblue Senior Member
    edited February 2010
    I agree with flush. Who gives a crap? Lots of bitching and moaning about things that don't matter. Let's pick some winners and help each other out.